Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crackingtheconcrete

Can it be true? JOY! I can finally post pictures. Enjoy:)

(If my computer messes this up, I'm going to weep, then kick it )

I've been so MIA this summer, but hope to catch up this winter on your pictures I've missed viewing from your gardens this summer.

It was a very HOT crunchy year in NY this year, so I really did not get very many blooms compared to other years, but here is what I have :) Please excuse the sad yellow foliage in many of the backgrounds.

A LOVELY seedling from Frank's Catnapping x English Lavender ..something

Cupid's Cupcake- a lovely prom dress of a flower.

Korean Kite

Reigning Sunshine - a very open, happy bloom!

Marietta Polkadot..always one of my favorites and has a free-flowering clump every year.

New Tangerine Twist- yum. This is one of my favorite colors ever.

Twins of something lovely and ruffled

A seedling (King Of Ages x Moving Forward??)

A gift from Judy Davisson- Poly Esther. LOVE. IT.

And Graffity lilies. I had an incredible display of lilies this year and can't figure out where all my other pics went.

Thanks for looking,everyone :)

CTC

Comments (21)

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

I love the seedling from Frank's Catnapping x English Lavender, the color is beautiful. I like the twins of something lovely and ruffled, is that a seedling? I think my favorite of those 2 are the twins. Marg

• crackingtheconcrete
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, Marg :)

I'm quite sure that the really lovely twin flower is a registered flower, but am unsure what it is. I "lost" Aunt Leona one year and thought this might be it, but I believe it's too ruffly to be that particular one.

• nancykvb
    11 years ago

Thank you for sharing your beauties. I love the seedling Franks Catnapping X English lavender and Cupids Cupcake looks so soft, I love it. I have Reigning Sunshine and it blooms like crazy here, very cheerful. New Tangerine Twist is a wonderful color. I have one, Badge of Courage, that has about that same color, very nice. Poly Ester is a beauty too.

Nancy VB

• shive
    11 years ago

The color on New Tangerine Twist is definitely scrumptious! Your twins of something lovely and ruffled have the diploid look. I'm thinking something from either Jack Carpenter or Josie Bomar at the Lily Farm. The first one is a marvelous lavender seedling. I like the eyezone and white edging. I enjoyed seeing these photos! Hope you find your others.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Oh goody! I am so glad you can join the fun. You know we missed you here! Those daylilies are all looking great to me and I just LOVE that New Tangerine Twist. What a color!

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

So good to see you back! Your seedling is so pretty.

Love that Tangerine Twist. So many pretties, including Davisson's big yellow Poly Esther, but my favorite is Marietta Polka Dot.
    kay

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Hi, CTC, so glad you are back, and you came back with a flourish! So many beautiful daylilies, they just all have to be favorites. The color of New Tangerine Twist is amazing, lovely shades on so many of them, love the form of Reigning Sunshine. Good picture of Polly Esther, so looking forward to the fall when we will have Davissons in our garden. Avedon

• dani_plus_2
    11 years ago

love your seedling! It's a beaut!

• crackingtheconcrete
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much, ladies :)
    I really like that seedling also. I have more from that cross, but I was on vacation during peak bloom season, so I missed a lot of what bloomed.

• lisa_3
    11 years ago

You have some really pretty ones I have never seen before. Love the seedlings too. I think New Tangerine Twist is my favorite though.

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Frank's Catnapping X English Lavender is lovely. reigning Sunshine and Korean Kite are my favorites. Love the Graffity Lilies. Beautiful clump. Ellie

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

The first seedling certainly is exciting. And all the others look delicious!

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

What a great group. They all look great, but my favoirtes are the first seedling and the twins.
    Val

• Nancy
    11 years ago

I've been without a computer for almost a week, had severe withdrawal! Glad I got back to see all your lovelies. They are all just wonderful, I especially love Tangerine Twist & "something lovely and ruffled". Beautiful seedling too!

• dementieva
    11 years ago

The foliage doesn't look sad and yellow to me. :)

If you ever have trouble with using photo hosting sites, you can upload files directly to Gardenweb now. There's a button above the post box. You just have to wait for it to upload before previewing the post, and you can only have one picture per post (but as many posts as you want in a thread).

Nate

• crackingtheconcrete
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much everyone! I lost Voila Francois (super sad about that one because I was in love) and a lot of my plants had buds that literally dried to a crisp before opening, so in addition to these being pretty, they are survivors!
    O cool! Thanks, Nate, for the heads up on photo option :) ANd yes..I guess the ones peeking through green are not sad and yellow - they're angry and tan Lol ;)
    *waves* Hi, Nancy :) Glad your computer is up and running.

• timhensley
    11 years ago

The Frank's Catnapping seedling is a real beaut. Does King of the Ages set seed easily for you?

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Glad to see you back. Love all your blooms they were all worth the wait.
    Linda

• Cindy zone 6a
    11 years ago

Very nice blooms. that first seedling is an eye catcher! I also have Graffity and it is a super lily.
    Korean Kite looks good too!
    cindy

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Cupid's Cupcake is a rose pink with an eye. Tags must have gotten mixed up (as if I haven't had the same experience). Any idea what the soft apricot pink double might be?

• crackingtheconcrete
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, Cindy and Linda :) Thanks for looking. Always love your pics, too!
    Tim, I actually won the cross as seeds from the LA, so I can't help you out with info :( Sorry.
    Mantis...I laughed...I am SO awful with labels. The only thing I can think of is that it might be Tommy Lee Joiner. I don't remember ordering other doubles.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living