Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

Weekend Flowers

nat4b
10 years ago

More and more flowers are opening, love the mornings at the beginning of the season :)
And one is even done. Well no wonder with 4 buds only hehe

Christopher Moody - LFO
{{gwi:854892}}

Dream Legacy - FFO

Lavender Blush - FFO
{{gwi:854894}}

A favorite - Peace Beyond Understanding - FFO

Forty Days & Forty Nights - FFO

From today's morning:
Beautiful Edgings - FFO
{{gwi:854897}}
Not a perfect opening, but very pronounced edge. Actually lots of flowers were not open well today :s

I was surprised this one was
Quiet Reflections - FFO

NOID #7 - FFO

Petals are not sticking out like they used to be but thankfully still some pleating or pinching (confuse those two)

I will repeat JKO, because it's new for me and I like it, 2FO
{{gwi:854900}}

Raspberries in Cream - FFO. Not opened fully but I love it anyway
{{gwi:854901}}

And a new addition to my garden décor - solar light
{{gwi:854902}}
Let's hope this one will work. I got it in winter I guess. A store was going out of business, I went to look thinking the prices would be really good. Well, that was not the case, but I couldn't resist picking that one up. The box said it was a Starburst light, you know that spiky thing (they didn't have many different ones, just a couple left). Imagine my surprise when I opened it at home and it was a.. daylily! How perfect! Well, it's probably some other flower but for me it is my new plastic daylily :)

Thanks for looking!

Comments (11)

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Beautiful flowers. Beautiful Edgings and Raspberries in Cream would be my favorites.

• shive
    10 years ago

Gracious! So many stunners on this post. I think my very favorite is your NOID. I love its color and the pleated petals that pinch in the throat. Christopher Moody looks perfect in every photo you've posted. Forty Days and Forty Nights is a lovely purple, and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis is such a soft, round pink.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Love your solar light! You have so many really pretty ones today, I don't think I can get it to one. Christopher Moody, Quiet Reflections and Forty Days and Forty Nights are my favorites.
    kay

• donna_in_sask
    10 years ago

The clarity of your pictures is amazing. Hard to pick a favourite, but Forty Days and Forty Nights is especially nice.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Your bloom pics are lovely. Quiet Reflections is very eye catching with that edging on it. Lovely color too.
    Everyday is a new day of color and a hunt for what is blooming today.:-)

Julia

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Beautiful daylilies, but I thin RAspberries in Cream is the one that especially caught my eye, although I kinda like that NOID pleated one, very different. I'm not sure I have seen anything like that.

• silverkelt
    10 years ago

your noid looks like rock lobster to me..

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

oh gee,I can not pick just one for a favorite as they are all a favorite,i love every one of them.they are all gorgeous,even your plastic daylily is pretty. I have a bunch of these solar lights too. mine are mostlt butterflies,, some flowers,and a dargon fly which I like best.Every time I youngest daughter sees one I don't have, she gets it for me as she likes them, too.

jean

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

They are all beauties and your photos are wonderful. My favorites are Peace Beyond Understanding and Quiet Reflections.
    Val

• nat4b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everybody very much!
    My old camera is blushing :)
    Yes, Jean I first saw those lights in your pictures. Well, turned out that the flower is not illuminated, you can just see a colored bulb at night, but it's ok.
    I looked up pleated and pinched again. Still don't quite get it because their example of pinching looked different.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I didn't think of that about the solar lights just lighting up in the middle. AH HA! I (and probably alot of other people) thought the whole thing would light up. Well, it's still neat. In my area I could at least count on that "daylily" beings sunfast and colorfast.....Your daylilies sure light up the garden. My favorites are Christopher Moody. Love the pattern. Reminds me of Pansies (which I love). Beautiful Edgings always commands attention and your crisp image does justice to it........Maryl