Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's this purple

Posted by flora2b z6a bc (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 12:04

I've been enjoying all the lovely's on here.
I notice on one of my seedlings this purple on the scape....is this something unique or is something missing in the soil. The plant appears healthy enough.
Thanks
Flora

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's this purple

That's really neat! It looks old enough to have bloomed before -- did it have the purple then too? I'm curious what the flowers look like.

Nate

o

This is a FFO on the seedling last year (first year of bloom). I didn't notice this purple on any scape last year and none of its siblings have it now.
We have had 3x our normal amt of rainfall this past month, (sorry for those of you in drought.....we are getting it and would love to send it your way!)

I'll keep an eye on it and see if it fades.

Photobucket

o

In the early tetraploid days, there were quite a few plants that exhibited pink, rose and purple in the bracts and leaves near the crown. I have seen most of these from seedlings from crosses of Peck, Munson and Moldovan registrations, usually in seedlings with pink to purple flower coloration.
Ed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here