Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Sunday Part Three of Three - All Red

newyorkrita
12 years ago

I took all these pictures yesterday but didn't get a chance to post them until today as I had so many pictures yesterday.

Red Light Returning a M. Mason intro.

Insider Trading

Aaron Brown

Bombay Silk

Betty Ford

Fabulous Frieda

Maylasian Marketplace

Shimmering Red Satin

A Westbourne Red Seedling

Comments (20)

• shive
    12 years ago

Wonderful reds! Insider Trading and Aaron Brown are my favorites!

Debra

• houstmag
    12 years ago

Beautiful Reds, Aaron Brown and Fabulous Freda are my one and two picks.
    Linda

• nat4b
    12 years ago

Oh, Great reds! Favorites are ALL :)

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Aaron Brown is so striking! I had wondered if the hybridizers's picture could really be correct, but it looks great!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks guys. I didn't realize it but my All Red theamed post goes with the idea of red, white and blue for Indepence day and for Debra's idea for a post.

cracking- I think Aaron brown actually looks better in person in the garden than Don Herrs picture shows. And it looks pretty darn great in the picture!

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Betty Ford is one I will be looking for.

• njmomma
    12 years ago

Stunning! I only have 2 of these - Mal. Marketplace and Insider Trading and I love them both. Looks like I'll need to put the rest on a wish list.

• katlynn719
    12 years ago

Reds are my favorite...what's not to love in this group? Aaron Brown is a beauty amongst beauties.
    Kathy

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Aaron Brown is a stunner, & I always love Malaysian Marketplace. And Fabulous Frieda. I don't know why I always go back to make sure I like my choice, I always have to add to it :)

• mlwgardener
    12 years ago

You're killing me!! RED, I LOVE RED!!! I like Betty Ford, she's been on my want list for awhile. Now, I can add Red Light Returning and Fabulous Freda and Insider Trading. Does anyone know if these are good parents??

Rita, I would love to be able to go to your Photobucket page and look, if you use photobucket?? I could make my list from there. Thanks for making me smile, Mona

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all :-)

Nancy- I am glad you like my pictures enough to go back and recheck and look again.

Mona- I do use photobucket but its locked, you can't look. I don't do my pictures my topic like daylilies I just take pictures each day and then title my albums by month. So I just finished my June Albumn and am now in my July Album. These albums have all my pictures, everything and anything I took a picture of and so much of any given albumn would be off topic (no matter what the topic was).

• mlwgardener
    12 years ago

I totally understand. I only upload a few photos since it seems to take me forever to get anything to upload. I'll just continue to enjoy them on this site. Your photos are great and I really enjoy seeing them. I've been watching for years and I pipe up sometimes and sometimes I just read and enjoy without saying anything. Everyone is so nice and there is a load of knowledge in these postings. I love everyones pictures and everyones kindness.
    Thanks and blessings to all, Mona

UGHHH, i got that silly msg saying I had to change my "Subject" because I already had one. So I stuck a "2" at the end of yours. I wonder why I get this sometime and sometime I don't.

• anniegolden
    12 years ago

Rita, BETTY FORD is a stunning color and makes me want to reach out and touch it.

Mona, you get that message when you post more than one response to someone else's thread.

Christine

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

It is very hard to choose just one when I love the red family so much, but I think Shimmering Red Satin is my pick.
    Your garden is just beautiful right now, Rita, and so full of gorgeous daylilies. And I can't fins room for anymore. (She says again)

kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mona- If the site thinks you posted too quickly again on the same message it does that. Just change something in the heading. If it's been a long time it doesn't notice and you can just post without the change.

I have tons of pictures on photobucket of anything I find interesting.

Christine- I love Betty Ford and I decided I needed the somewhat similiar Fabulous Frieda so I could compair them both. I wouldn't part with either one. Love them both.

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

GORGEOUS,These Reds are soo pretty,I like them all, but my favorite is MAYLASIAN MARKERPLACE. and second favorite would be BETTY FORD,and then INSIDER TRADING....all are just beautiful.

Jean

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kay- Your not the only one. No room here. I didn't buy a single new rose, or iris or daylily this year. I know I will want something from the 2012 intros that will come out and I just might want many of them. What to kick out to make room? Too much to think about.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jean- Maylasian Marketplace has been a trooper in my garden. Plus the blooms are nearly always perfect.

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

I love reds and you have some beauties. My favorites are Aaron Brown, Insider Trading and Betty Ford.
    Val

• casey261
    12 years ago

AARON BROWN is just gorgeous.
    Casey

Sponsored
ABC Glass and Mirror
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars46 Reviews
Northern Virginia Leading Shower Glass and Mirror Designer