Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Wheel of Time ffo, lates, reblooms and a cat

shive
11 years ago

Happy Friday everyone!

WHEEL OF TIME is just having its ffo. I don't know why it took this fall acquired daylily so long to send up a scape. We had three rounds of torrenial rain last night. So happy to have it!

BELLA SERA rebloom in the Land of Naked Scapes

PATSY CLINE reblooming

GRAPE TWIZZLER rebloom

ADRIENNE'S SURPRISE, a late with rebloom

AUGUST CHERRY, a late bloomer

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, another late

STEALTH BOMBER rebloom

Columbus sitting on a bale of pine straw

Debra

Comments (12)

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Happy Friday, indeed, Debra, all that rain. Saw it on the Weather Channel radar last night and thought of you and all others needing rain, hope it reached a lot of drought-stricken people. Lots of pretty daylilies. My favs are Wheel Of Time. We Are The Champions, August Cherry, and NO.1 is Columbus on the straw bale. Avedon

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Hyrray, hyrray for the needed rain! Daylilies will be loving it. Still love PATSEY CLINE. Columbus looks so regal there and always pretty.

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Avedon and Rita - The rain was fabulous, although the thunder and lightning scared Cowgirl, and she cried all night.

Debra

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Gorgeous, blooms DEBRA, i just love PATSY CLINE.(the flower)AUGUST CHERRY is mighty pretty, too.Sure wish some of that rain would come here.I would have been so happy with just one round of the rains.It is so hot and dry here.my grass is dead in the front,and the deer dug up the grass in the back yard, eating it.I was told they dug up my grass for the water in it.Dont know how it could possibly have a drop of water in it,when it has not rained here this month yet,and only a half inch last month. grass is burnt .

jean

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jean - I can't believe you are still so dry, and that the deer dug up you grass and ate it. I've never heard of such things! But I guess the wildlife in these drought stricken areas are desperate.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Columbus is King of the mountain! Wheel of time is my favorite. I have got to move mine. It is a lovely bloom, but in an awful place. Major re-working of beds this fall. Major!

We Are The Champions and Grape Twizzler (love the name) are looking great too.
    kay

• roxanna
    11 years ago

Debra ~ where did you purchase 'August Cherry'? it is gorgeous, and i'd love one but cannot seem to find it offered online...

Roxanna

• dementieva
    11 years ago

Funny about WHEEL OF TIME. My WHEEL OF TIME, also planted last fall, has had several rounds of mediocre scapes, starting in January and ending (so far) in June. None of the scapes has had more than 4 buds, and most of the flowers didn't open all the way.

Nate

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kay - I really like Wheel of Time. I think the colors in my photo are a little off. I darkened it trying to get the peach/orange petal color right. In doing so, I make the eye color look more gray than purple.

Roxanna - I got August Cherry in a trade. But I know where you can buy it. Harmon Hill Farm has the lowest price, and it's also available at Partridge Hill Gardens. Both have online websites.

Nate - The scape on my Wheel of Time has four-way branching and 22 or 23 buds, so I'm a happy camper. The flower doesn't seem to open fully here until later in the morning. Maybe yours will do better next year when it's all settled in and comfy.

Debra

• JJOF
    11 years ago

That picture of Columbus looks like it could be the front cover of a pet magazine! Beautiful and Columbus couldn't be any cuter! Great name too! So many pretty blooms, all so nice, can't pick a favourite!
    Jason

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

Patsy Cline is usually the standout for me when you post it, but all the late bloomers are appreciated, especially this year. Columbus looks very much at home.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I also like Patsy Cline. Enjoying the "late" show and of course, Columbus.

Julia

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES