Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Sunday One of Three- All Singles

newyorkrita
12 years ago

It is raining today but I got pictures during a break in the rain. Wasn't able to get very many today compaired to yesterday. But I am sure the daylilies are loving the showers.

Mount Arrat FFO. This is an Emmerich intro and one of the most beautiful if not the most beautiful daylily I have.

Dress Blues FFO

Exit Stratagy FFO. This is one of my Hibard intros.

Red Light Returning a Mason intro.

Sweet Isabella had perfect flowers open today.

Rodger Herr

Threshold Of A Dream

Thrillseeker

Westbourne Canning Furnance

And for Mona who loved it so, here is Legendary Romance in the rain today.

Comments (23)

• houstmag
    12 years ago

Rita- Mount Arrat is spectacular, I also like Sweet Isabella. All the others are stunning also as usual.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

What can I say that hasn't been said--beautiful, as usual. Avedon

• shive
    12 years ago

MOUNT ARARAT is breathtaking. Great blue purple color!

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Wow, I would agree that Mt. Ararat is Spectacular! I liked your WB Butterfly Season so much the other day I went to check her website and it wasn't listed any longer (or at least under her pictures)

• bigack
    12 years ago

I love Canning Furnace, such a color! Also Sweet Isabella and Mt. Aarat.

• nat4b
    12 years ago

I like Sweet Isabella and Westbourne Canning Furnance, but Mount Ararat is great great great! I agree, one of the most beautiful daylilies. Oooohhh.. Please post every flower of it! :)

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks again everyone :-)

I do really love Mount Ararat and fell in love with it as soon as I saw Karol Emmeriches picture of it. Had to have it. Sure am glad I got it.

Sweet Isabela is another of my real beauties and it had three flowers today all perfect like the one pictured.

For all of you that might have fallen in love with the Westbourne intros and gone to look on Mary Janes website, that is great for refence. But she really does just about all her sales on the Lily Auction. She will usually even list things marked as sold out on the website or ones not even shown there. Her sellar name is Bubbles. She doesn't always have listings but sells in the summer for fall shipping and then stops. Then later sells again the the fall for spring shipping. She relists until all that she had for sale is gone.

Everyone I know buys her intros on the Lily Auction, the starting prices are always much lower than list price and more fans offered. This forum doesn't like you mentioning any other forums but there is another forum I also belong to and Mary Jane has an extemely strong following on that forum with many Westbourne devotees.

• njmomma
    12 years ago

I agree w/you about Mt arrat. Stunning. Sweet Isabella is really pretty.

• katlynn719
    12 years ago

Wow - Mount Arrat - Wow!
    Kathy

• mlwgardener
    12 years ago

Awesome!!!Thanks so much Rita. L.R. is stunning today and now I get to add Mount Arrat to the list. My list is going to fill up my 20 foot long room!!! The brighter the colors the better. Then, I turn around and love the pastels. Oh well, I like them all, what can I say??

Thanks again, and May our good Lord continue to bless us all with beautiful daylilies and his Grace, Mona

• Nancy
    12 years ago

This are all in the look I love, hard to choose a favorite here. Maybe Mount Arrat, but every one is beautiful.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks guys!

It sprinkles on and off the rest of today so far so I guess I was lucky to get the pictures when I did. Looks like it stopped some. Maybe I should go out and try again.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Now with this selection, there is hardly any way at all to choose just one, Rita! Unfair. Mount Ararat is so beautiful, and so is Swweet Isabella. Then Westbourne's Canning Furnace is lovely, and Legendary romance...but wait, Roger Herr is beautiful too! No way, I can't choose just one,
    kay

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

wow.some more beauties today.They are all gorgeous blooms.My favorite one is MOUNT ARRAT.That purple is just beautiful. My second choise would be Westbourne CANNING FURNANCE.Sue wish some of that rain would come here.We got a few clouds yesterday afternoon,and it came a VERY LIGHT SPRINKLE FOR ALL OF 10 MINUTES. Didnt even wet the street, OR my sidewalk.Everything here is burnt up

Jean

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kay- Honestly I am surprised you haven't gone out and bought more Emmerich intros as I know they do so well for you there. I know, no more room!

Jean- I wish we could send you some rain. I know your daylilies really need it. The daylilies here are enjoying their soak. I am hoping this wet spring might give us lots of rebloom but who knows?

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Rita,
    I have to say that I am really pleased with the way that Mom's cinnamon rolls, Oraanges for Christmas and Teresa My Best Friend have done. They have performed really well and they are first year.

The others are in a bed that needs some work and will get it before next year. I have decided I need to do some work before I decide how any of the others are doing, although the blooms are beautiful. are doing.
    kay

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

Gorgeous group! A tough decision, but I'm going with Mt Ararat and Sweet Isabella as my favorites.
    Val

• sharons2
    12 years ago

Mount Arrat really does look nice. I did a forum search to see if I could see it dry, but there weren't any other threads with it listed. I hope you will post some more pictures of Mount Arrat in the sun as well!

Sharon

• casey261
    12 years ago

MOUNT ARARAT is very gorgeous. I can certainly see why you like that one! SWEET ISABELLA caught my eye as well.
    Casey

• mizellie
    12 years ago

Mount Arrat is fabulous. i love the orchid blue eye and the lovely ruffles...Ellie

• Julia WV (6b)
    12 years ago

I like them all. Too bad the rain came but on the other hand, you don't have to water the garden. I can also see that the blooms hold up under rain conditions. A plus characteristic for me.

Julia

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for the kind comments.

Sharons2- I love Mount Ararat and will certainly be taking more pictures when it blooms next time.

• fanelda
    12 years ago

Mount Arrat FFO is my favorite! Let me know when you have enough to do a trade for equal value beauties in my garden.

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County