Salty Skipper still blooming:

Oranges For Christmas:

Bear Claws:

kay

This post was edited by organic_kitten on Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 14:26

Comments (16)

• deangreen
    10 years ago

really like that clump of torpedos, the bitone effect is so eye catching, also really like the orchid corsage, seems like Mahieu based a lot of his crosses with that one..

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Ooooh, beauties! Photon Torpedo is indeed eye-catching, especially when there are so many torpedoes. I just love the Clown Parade twins photo, look how the sepals are touching in the middle! Kansas City Kicker is very colorful. Love Bob Watson and Island Time. And my favorite is Bear Claws. Salty Skipper still on original scapes?

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Deangreen. It has been a pretty good one this year.

nat4b, It's hard to say with Salty Skipper, because it is a bloom builder too. I imagine we are in re-blooms by now; such a great plant. KCK is on re-bloom, Bob Watson too. Of course, my very first re-bloom on clown Parade. Island Time is a very late, and Bear Claws is a late. I still have a surprising amount blooming, and a couple new ones yet to open. Thank you both for looking and commenting.

kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

I love Tree Turtles and Oranges For Christmas. That clump of Salty Skipper is lovely and Bob Watson is another that really appeals to me.

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

Kansas City Kicker is really nice, Island Time is very one, I love that form and coloring. I have Orchid Corsage but she isn't open yet. I'd say Island Time is my favorite. All of them are nice. Marg

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow, Photon Torpedo is a bloom machine, aint it. very pretty.Sure like Bob Watson: too. very pretty clump of that. but, my favorite is Bear Claws today.

jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Rita. those are all favorites. Island is a very tall one, Marg. It also stands up very well to heat and to sun.

Thanks Jean. Yes, Photon Torpedo is pretty much a bloom machine, and Bob Watson has been a real bloomer this year, and Bear Claws always ranks among my favorites too.mong m,y favorites too.

Thanks for looking and commenting.
    kay

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Vibrant blooms on Kansas City Kicker! Any comments on Tree Turtles?

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Photon Torpedo is so pretty with that two tone effect, I really like it. Salty Skipper is just perfect, & I like the wonderful color of Bob Watson. I'll stop at the 3, but could continue cause I like Bear Claws & oranges for Christmas too :)

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Nancy. It has been a pretty good year in a lot of ways.

Mantis, I have been very please with Kansas City Kicker. An excellent plant. You asked about Tree turtles. It is as tall as the specs say it will be. (56") It is a late here and while it opens fine in the mornings, The original bloom is very pretty to me, and doesn't resemble what it will look like in an hour or so. Take a look at the very early bloom:

But, as you can see, it is a lovely pink and yellow bloom after a short wait and it is an excellent bloomer.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I like all of them BUT Bob Watson is just eye catching. Looks to be a small bloom and yet all those buds yet to open. Nice.

Julia

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Julia. Actually, Bob Watson s about a five inch bloom., and when it re-blooms, it really re-blooms.
    kay

• shive
    10 years ago

The clump of Photon Torpedo is spectacular, and Bob Watson has three sweetheart flowers, but my favorite is the photo of Kansas City Kicker. For one thing, I love the huge purple eye. The other reason is that each flower seems to be posing in a way that looks like they're dancing around in circle. Maybe they're playing Ring Around the Rosie.

Debra

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

These are ALL so beautiful Kay! I just love them all.....no clear favorite today since each one has it's own special beauty. Bravo!

Celeste

• roxanna
    10 years ago

where did you get your 'Bob Watson'?? i lust for that one, and so far have not found it for sale... even Tinker's doen't list it. darn.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Debra. there is actually a fifth bloom under the four. It is such a good plant, another rebloomer. Opens early morning too. and I love that huge eye.

Glad you found some to like, Celeste.

Roxanna, look at Marietta Gardens. that is where I got it, and I think they still sell it. It is a consistent re-bloomer here. and is always one of the first one or two to open as well.

kay

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner