Westbourne Red Eye Gravy

Westbourne Pretty Mittens

Westbourne Butterscotch Ice Cream

Lost In The Toy Store (Davisson)

Tango Lilies

Comments (26)

• Nancy
    12 years ago

They are all amazing, as I expected, but isn't Westbourne Butterfly Season so very different. I love every one you have pictured, but that one really drew my eye. When I first started into daylilies, I really went for the pinks & the soft dainty colors. I'm still attracted to those, but I have learned that what REALLY attracts me in the garden is different than what attracts me from the pictures. Now that I have grown them more, I find I am attracted to the bright, loud, yes, even the gaudy ones. They just make me happy. I NEVER would have imagined I would like the ones I do :)

• shive
    12 years ago

Westbourne Butterfly Season and Heir To the Throne really caught my eye on this post.

debra

• njmomma
    12 years ago

Legendary Romance is gorgeous! Nice pics!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nancy- I just had to take that picture of Westbourne Butterfly season with the two flowers blooming back to back like that. And I know what you mean. I went for pastel colors when I first started, boy has that changed as I realised thatI loved them with lots and lots of color.

Debra- W. Butterfly Season was so unusual today.

Njmomma- Legendary Romance is one of my newer Korths.

• houstmag
    12 years ago

OMG!!! Westbourne Butterfly Season is amazing and is my number one pick followed by Lost in the Toy Store and Legendary Romance.
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Linda- Westburne Butterfly Season just had an exceptional day today although it is always pretty. Lost In The Toy Store is doing the opposite of the others around here. It is paler than normal. How odd.

• bourret
    12 years ago

The Westbourne's are glorious! I'm happy that I've managed to get several.

Lisa

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lisa- I just love Westbournes. I have over 40 of them.

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

WOW!!!! They just keep getting prettier and prettier and louder in color, too. LOVE it. Westbourne BUTTERFLY SEASON is gorgeous, and that W.MASTERS BOUQUET is Really gorgeous.
    LOST IN THE TOY STORE is very pretty, too,and I love its name, too. That Lily looks different,and it sure is pretty..So far,I have had about 20 of these last ones bloomed, but, they are real short, about 12 inches tall,and all of them Red.Course, the sun burnt them up,too.
    We are just having a unusually hot season,and I am looking for it to keep climbing too.

Jean

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jean- Those lilies are supposed to be mixed colors, not all red. As for being short they will be taller next year.

You know I love them in all colors and especially those hot colors. The more color the better :-)

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Rita, those all look magnificent, but WB Butterfly Season blew me away. My second is Legendary. Romance

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

Yes,Rita,I figure the lilies will be much taller next year, but dont know about the Red colors.I think the red will be red next season, too.so far, every one of them that has bloomed is RED.:)Which lily is it that smells so good. A couple months ago when I was in wal mart garden center, they had one in a pot that put a wonderful fragrace all though out the garden center.Have no idea what kind of lily it was, as it had no name on it and the bloom was huge,and yellow, pink and white in it.

Jean

• caliloo
    12 years ago

ou have some stunning blooms, but Westbourne Butterfly Season literally took my breath away! They are all so pretty!

Alexa

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jean- No if they are red now they will be red next year. Bummer as it is supposed to be mixed colors in a collection. The one that smelled so nice is probably some type of oriental lily.

cracking- Westbourne Butterfly Season seems to be a very popular choice today :-)

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That should Alexa too for the comment on Westbourne Butterfly Season.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Wow, Ritakay

• anniegolden
    12 years ago

OK, Rita. This has just got to stop. First, I vowed that the only new daylily I would get this year would be LAST SNOWFLAKE. Then Debra posts these amazing photos of WESTBOURNE GOOD OLD DAYS clumps, and my resolve was toast. And now YOU TOO. WESTBOURNE BUTTERFLY SEASON is to die for. Pleeeeze tell me that it's wimpy, not vigorous, fades, is a thrip magnet and smells bad.

Christine

• casey261
    12 years ago

No contest in this group. WB BUTTERFLY SEASON. Gorgeous!
    Casey

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Alexa- Glad you liked the picture.

Kay- Wheres Waldo is really doing well this year and looks like it has gotten itslf going. The first two years it was rather unimprssive. When I saw the flower today I was really pleased.

Casey- Looks like Westbourne Butterfly Season is getting its own fan club :-)

Christine - Westbourne Butterfly Season is never bothered by thrips and holds its flowers up on nicely tall scapes. It multiples well and holds up great to heat and sun as it doesn't fade. Has a very good budcount and oh yes, it reblooms!

• mlwgardener
    12 years ago

Legendary Romance is making me hyper!! wow, I want. I swear, just when I think it can't get better, you sure do know how to give an old woman eye candy. I'm about ready to become a midnight bandit. If only Mississippi wasn't so far from New York. I sure do enjoy all your hard work. Thanks, Mona

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

OMG that eye on Westbourne Butterfly Season is amazing! Also love Lost in the Toy Store and Legendary Romance. I'm trying to figure out how to get more sunny spots in my yard for more daylilies.
    Val

• mizellie
    12 years ago

They are all pretty. I like the orange/red eye on Legendary Romance but my pic as fav is Westbourne Butterfly Season.. That's purdy!! Ellie

• anniegolden
    12 years ago

Rita, I'm doomed. I wonder if there is a filter you can have installed on your computer that blocks all web sites that have nice ladies showing pictures of their gardens.

Christine

• blue23rose
    12 years ago

Wow! I was going to say Where's Waldo was my favorite until I looked at the next picture of W. Butterfly Season! What an awesome looking bloom! And W. Pretty Mittens is nice too.

Vickie

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mona- Your making me laugh. I am glad I can show off my daylilies and especially those of hybridizers that didn't used to be that well known like Korth with his Legendary Romance.

Val- Cut down those trees. Make more daylily beds LOL!

Ellie and Vickie, thanks!

Christine- Your not doomed until you run out of room and can't make another daylily bed LOL!

• celeste/NH
    12 years ago

Glorious pictures of some exceptional daylilies! Like just about everyone else my favorite is that Westbourne Butterfly Season, followed closely by Legendary Romance. I have never seen anything quite like that W. Butterfly Season....it is truly one of a kind and DAZZLING. Once you listed all its other virtues I realize it's at the top of my want list. Was it very expensive? I also like Lost in the Toy Store and Heir to the Throne....but I would take any one of them off your hands! LOL

Celeste