Classic Edge

Michael Bennet trio.

Cindys Tie Dye

Norths Winds Larry and North Winds Moe

Sellstation Plum Crazy

Seventy Times Seven

Undivided Heart

Tiger On Stilts

Little Light Of Mine by Karol Emmerich. This thing is a blooming fool.

A Gift From Heaven first flowers open.

Trial by Fire. Finially blooms with no splotches after the second spraying for thrips.

Comments (19)

• shive
    12 years ago

I'm overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of ALL of these. Some that really stood out to me were Clown Parade, which looked so bright an cheerful today, Cindy's Tie Die with its wonderful eye, Michael Bennett's huge watermark, and Trial By Fire, which just glowed.

Debra

• njmomma
    12 years ago

All gorgeous, but I really need to get Clown Parade this year!

• Nancy
    12 years ago

All are amazing. Clown Parade always looks good. Cherrystone looks very pink & bright, I definitely like that one. Michael Bennett & Cindy's Tie Dye may be my pick of this group, but so hard to choose any from this group. Oops, I looked back & realized how much I love Trial By Fire too. Not gonna do that again. How do you like the Northwinds? I swapped with someone for Northwind Curly Joe, turned out to be a rusty gold one, definitely not NCJ. I'm hoping someone will say they aren't that great so I won't be sad :) I actually like the one I got instead, the big one I showed a couple of times.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Debra- Thanks! Trial by Fire finially shaped up today after splotchy blooms all last year and before this. I was ready to shovel prune until now. My thrips spraying must have worked.

njmomma- Clown Parade is one that really loves to show off.

Nancy- I like the flowers plenty on the three Northwinds of Larry, Curley Joe and Moe when I get them but they are few and far between for me. Plus each is still two fans after what three, four years? I can't remember how long. These were my first experiments into more UFO type forms and based on performance in my garden, I should have saved my money and skipped them. So you want someone to say there are not so hot, well that would be me.

However, I don't think performance in my garden is typical as I have seen pictures in other gardens were they are doing great. And they really should being hybridized by Gary Schaben way up north.

• bigack
    12 years ago

You have north winds Larry and Moe, so do you have a Curly too? I love Little Light, Cherrystone, and Clown Parade!

• Nancy
    12 years ago

I'm pretty sure I have heard that before about those Northwinds, I'm glad you confirmed it. I don't think our temps are different enough to make a change. There are lots of pretty daylilies available, everyone prefers something that blooms a lot.

• houstmag
    12 years ago

Nope I can't do it just can't commit to a favorite their all stunning. I just received Clown Parade and I hope it turns out as nice as yours.
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Bigjack- I have all three of those Northwinds. Curley Joe blooms later for me than those other two.

Linda- So you fell for Clown Parade hugh? Not surprising as I think more and more of us on the forum are getting Clown Parade. This was all started by Kay, who got Clown Parade first and posted stunning pictures.

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

yep, CLOWN PARADE is just gorgeous.Live that one, too, but MY favorite in this bunch is CARNIVAL IN MEXICO.Its really loud and gorgeous.TRIAL BY FIRE is really a beauty, too, but really all of them are beauties.I am glad you are getting plenty blooms now,with pictures to post, as mine is almost history for this season,. I do have some reblooms putting out a bloom or two along, but this heat is just burning them up.its 97 out right now,and feels like 103.I sure believe it too.

Jean

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jean- I wish you could get a break from all your excessive heat. There are so many blooms here now I hardly know what to take pictures of each day.

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

I am having trouble choosing favorites also from here. Id like to say Michael.Bennett and Clown Parade, but I also love the color combo and bloomerificness of Little Light. :)

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

What a gorgeous crop, Rita! Clown Parade takes it for me, but I really dod love Trial by Fire (those bright colors again) and Cindys Tie dye

kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kay- You know you got a whole bunch of us hooked on Clown Parade :-)

cracking- If you choose garden performance Little Light Of Mine should win the prize. It just blooms and blooms and blooms.

• casey261
    12 years ago

Goodness... how can I possibly choose a favorite from all these gorgeous blooms? And I haven't looked at Part 1 yet. Some of the ones that caught my eye the most are CARNIVAL IN MEXICO, CLOWN PARADE, MICHAEL BENNET, CINDY'S TIE DYE, LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE, and GIFT FROM HEAVEN.
    Casey

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Gift from Heaven is an evergreen that grows vigorously for you? Nice dappled picture of Classic Edge.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Casey- This time of year each year around the forth of July is always lots and lots of bloom. I don't even get pictures of everything.

mantis- Back in 2007 when I started with my daylily crazies I bought all my daylilies from Maryotts. Gift From Heaven is one of them. I have no idea if it's an evergreen or not, I just bought them because I liked the pretty flowers. Since then I have gotten rid of any poor doers that I started out with and the rest are all troopers. No problems with winter and good increasers.

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

I may have to stop looking at all these fabulous pictures. There are too many I want--Clown Parade of course and Michael Bennet and Carnival in Mexico.
    Val

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Val- Someone sent me Michael Bennet as a bonus and I didn't have any idea of what it looked like. I planted it and wow, I sure was happy with it when it bloomed.

• nat4b
    12 years ago

There are so many beauties! The first two, Carnival in Mexico and Clown Parade are my favorites and I also really liked Seventy Times Seven

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz