Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Saturday Part One Is Single Flowers

newyorkrita
12 years ago

Incessant from Jim Murphy. Love this daylily.

North Winds Moe

Sugar Plum Jam again cause it looked so good :-)

Normans Folly

Woe Be Gone Gal

Marilyn Lee Bock

Sweet Isabela FFO

Flamenco Twirl by Don Herr

Paul Owen Selected Seedling 7R312 FFO

David Arthur

Beautiful Edgings

Barney today. You all know this is a very favorite of mine.

Choral Majority taken late yesterday afternoon.

Extravagant also taken late yesterday afternoon.

Laureat by Paul Owen

Wall Of Fire. Emmerich intro. Finially a great flower showing the watermark after I threatened it with shovel prunning.

Comments (24)

• shive
    12 years ago

What a lot of great flowers today! I have three favorites. They all three have color, color, color, and they are shouting want me, buy me, trade for me! They are Incessant, Marilyn Lee Bock and Wall of Fire. Those three are dazzling, heart stopping and swoon inducing. I also noted the pleated petals on Flamenco Twirl. David Arthur is a gorgeous purple, and is runner up to the three favorites.

Debra

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Incessant caught my eye immediately, & the next one is a great bright pink too. Marilyn Lee Bock is wonderful. and Flamenco Twirl & Wall of Fire. Let's start over :0 They are all just perfect!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Debra- Thanks. I am just overwhelmed by the amount of color in my daylily beds this year. I never had color this intense, at least I can't rember that happening like this.

My jury is still out on WALL OF FIRE. That is the only flower looks that good ever since I bought it. I am hoping that means it has finially shaped up and settled in.

Incessant is just a fabulous daylily. Not my usual shape but deffinately a favorite flower for me. Marilyn Lee Bock looks a lot like Clown Parade, only more color.

Nancy- The next one after Incessant is one of those North Wind ones you were asking about in the other post. Lovely flowers but not many of them.

• houstmag
    12 years ago

Rita-You sure have a lot of DL's and each and everyone of them is stunning. Do you ever have a bad one?
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Linda- I just don't take pictures of the bad ones. Plus if they stay bad they get the boot. I don't have much patience with daylilies that are dogs in my garden.

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

Rita. You really have another bunch of beauties today.BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS is gorgeous, and I now believe I can save mine, since putting it back in a pot.Its put out New Growth already. Then there is that beautiful BARNEY again, Hes gorgeous,and love MARILYN LEE BOCK. and DAVID ARTHUR just jumps out at me.That is a gorgeous bloom also, but, I think today,I have 3 favorites of todays blooms.
    BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS, BARNEY, and WALL OF FIRE. they are just gorgeous.

Jean

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jean- I am glad you saved your Beautiful Edgings as I think it is such a pretty flower. You know Barney is one of my very favorites :-)

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Wow!! Marilyn Lee Bock and Incessant are fantastic! How are they, bloom-wise? Do they put out a lot of blooms for you?

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Rita, what a bevy of bright beauties! I love the Murphree into, Incessant, Marily Lee boch is beautiful, and you have to love Barney, but I think Wall of Fire is my pick. I love that one very much.
    kay

• bourret
    12 years ago

BARNEY and FLAMENCO TWIRL is going on my wish list. Thanks Rita!

Lisa

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lisa- I just love it when I prompt people to find must haves.

Kay- I was really happy to see the lovely bloom on Wall Of Fire today. I think it must have gotten itself together after being threatened with shovel prunning.

cracking- I do like Marilyn Lee Bock and it usually puts out single blooms at a time, unlike Clown Parade which puts out multiples each day and blooms like a fool.

Incessant, well what can I say. I have loved it since it put out its first bloom for me.

• casey261
    12 years ago

I love INCESSANT. Does it bloom incessantly as its name implies it might? WALL OF FIRE also looks impressive. NORMAN'S FOLLY looks like such an interesting color, and it is a bicolor too, isn't it?
    Casey

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

Incessant, Marilyn Lee Bock, Wall of Fire are first-rate with the top prize going to Beautiful Edgings Avedon

• silverkelt
    12 years ago

Wow rita, the first two are through the roof color wise..

I had to go look them up.. and drats both diploidy.. oh well.

I only work with tetrapoilds.. and that has nothing to do with me not liking dips.. its only, well , makes life more uncomplicated for me.. since Ive gone down that road, thats the road I will stay on =)..

Thanks for sharing though.. they are just awesome.

Silverkelt

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Casey- I don't know why it was named Incessant. I just love the looks of it. Normans Folly is suposed to bloom late but seems to have gotten its clock mixed up. I remember having pictures of it last year blooming in a clump and it really looked good.

Avedon, thanks. I have always loved Beautiful Edgings.

Silverkelt- I don't hybridize at all so don't really care if the daylily I buy is a dip or a tet. I just buy what I like. My daylilies are super saturated this year with color. Don't know why they are this intense this year.

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

Rita, you certainly have some gorgeous ones in the rose/purple family today. I already bought Barney because of your pictures last year. Now I guess I have to look for Incessant and Marilyn Lee Bock. Don't know where I'll put them though as I'm already beyond max.
    Val

• baileycat
    12 years ago

Rita, Barney is a favorite of mine too; I have it planted in the front and in the back; but mine hasn't bloomed yet. You are a bit ahead of me.
    But I have to say I love your North Winds Moe.

Maizey

• mlwgardener
    12 years ago

WOWOWOWOW!!! I love so many. Marilyn lee Bock is stunning! Extravagant and Choral Majority are just plain awesome. Barney makes my mouth water!! Ok, I love them all but I'd really like to have Marilyn. Do you mind sharing where you got her?? Your pictures are beautiful and thanks for sharing and making me want, want, want!! Blessings, Mona

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Val- Incessant is a Jim Murphy intro. You can get it at his website Woodhendge Daylilies.

Maizey - Barney is such a great purple. I think it is my best solid color purple for sure. I just love it.

Mona- I got Marilyn Lee Bock and Clown Parade (both Selman intros) along with a bunch of others from Bob Selman at Blueridge Daylilies. Blueridge is a fabulous place to buy as he send the best big fans and lots of wonderful bonus plants.

• mizellie
    12 years ago

Since I like pink so much, Flamenco Twirl is my pick but you really have some nice ones! Ellie

• celeste/NH
    12 years ago

WOW...is all I can say. Just stunningly beautiful blooms here, all of them. If you twist my arm I will pick as my faves Marilyn Lee Bock (always wanted that one and Bob Selman sends the BEST daylilies), Flamenco Twirl, Extravagant (LOVE those Maryotts) but Woe Be Gone Gal is my number one favorite.
    Where did you find that one? I love it! I've never seen or heard of that one before but it calls to me. Great photos as usual!

Celeste

• Edward_Kimball
    12 years ago

Extravagant is awesome, but so are many others.

Edward

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Edward and Ellie- Thanks!

Celeste- I got it from the hybridizer, Gary Schaben. Here is the link to his website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardens With A Northern Exposure

• celeste/NH
    12 years ago

Thanks Rita. I have that site bookmarked. I surely don't NEED more temptation, but how can I resist?

Celeste