Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

A Couple FFOs on Sunday

organic_kitten
10 years ago

First bloom ever on Indian Ripple, a new one this year:

First bloom on Murphy's Hard Times: I moved this one last year, and it put up 15 fans in it's new home:

Deliverer put up it's first re-bloom:

Last bloom on Purple Honey Creeper:

Philistine Champion on Rebloom:

And photobucket will make this huge since I am not turning it on it's side, but Tree Turtles clump:

kay

Comments (14)

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Wow - I like Deliverer! Very showy!

Of course, if I look at Purple Honey Creeper again, I'll change my vote. Love that flower!

Nancy

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I'm sad to see the last of Purple Honey Creeper, since I've loved your photos. Indian Ripple was a great late here. Deliverer is my favorite.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Very pretty Indian Ripple. I will give the nod to Purple Honey Creeper, and goodness!! Just look at Tree Turtles--that's a wowser to me. Avedon

• Nancy
    10 years ago

I like Indian Ripple every time I see it, but Purple Honey Creeper is my favorite, although Philistine Champion looks might good too.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

goodness, Indian ripple is a beauty.Love that one. and am loving PHILISTINE CHAMPION, too.those colors are so pretty. and DELIVERER is my favorite.I found another rebloom scape this morning. this one is on PRETTY GAUDY which surprised me, will be the first time for a rebloom on it.. love all your photo's KAY.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

All of them are lovely. The color intensity on the ones with raindrops is wonderful.

Julia

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Philistine Champion is a beauty, and I also like Deliverer. I got a small plant of Indian Ripple from Robin (Earlybird) in late spring, and even though the plant is still small I see a scape coming up. It's pictures such as yours that have made me lust for it for years. It sure is striking. May mine turn out as pretty as yours......Maryl

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Beautiful. just beautiful. I just love that Indian Ripple and Hard Times.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for looking and commenting. Indian Ripple is new this year, and I am very pleased with it. There are several scapes and it appears to be well budded. Purple Honey Creeper has really been an excellent bloomer this year. Chris, I hate to see it finish too. Philistine Champion is well into it's re-bloom , a magnificent plant that I have to thank Rita for her generosity in sending me start of it. Deliverer is probably my favorite Emmerich, I love the color. Julia, that rain came on unexpectedly...was supposed to be in the afternoon. Rita, Hard times is happy in it's new site, but I'm afraid I lost Last Chance for Romance last Winter.

Thank you again for looking and sharing observations on the blooms.

kay

• shive
    10 years ago

I think that last bloom of Purple Honey Creeper may be its best, and I choose it as my favorite. Indian Ripple is bright and pretty too! I'm amazed at the increase you got on Hard Times after moving it. It strikes me as looking a lot like Witch's Stick by E. Shooter.

Debra

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Indian Ripple is my favorite of a great group. Your photo of Tree Turtles is a beautiful one.
    Linda

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Hard Times is pretty and wow what an increase after the move.
    Deliverer is beautiful and my favorite.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rita and nat4b, Hard times was a bonus from Jim Murphy, I think it was three years ago. (Rita? or 2 years) Anyway, it did well, but was in a terrible place too close to the oak tree, and competing with it's roots as well. I moved it, and since it is a hard dormant, I thought I had lost it at first. Then, as it cam up, I was very surprised to have 15 fans!
    Debra, Purple Honey Creeper has been such a good plant this year. It started blooming the last of May, and has been blooming almost continuously since then.
    Thanks, Linda. Tree turtles is such a tall plant I can turn it on it's side when I post, so it is a huge pic. I am enjoying the new one, Indian Ripple.
    nat4b, I recommend Deliverer to anyone. It always reblooms, and is a beautiful bloom besides.
    kay

• nat4b
    10 years ago

I got Deliverer this year. I should say it doesn't look good, no green showing yet, just those cut yellow remains of leaves so far. I wonder if it's gonna have instant rebloom here.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County