Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Couple FFOs on Sunday

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 14, 13 at 12:20

First bloom ever on Indian Ripple, a new one this year:

photo IMG_1173_zps994cf668.jpg

First bloom on Murphy's Hard Times: I moved this one last year, and it put up 15 fans in it's new home:

photo IMG_1218_zps5a2a6eef.jpg

Deliverer put up it's first re-bloom:

photo IMG_1208_zpsfe49d7a7.jpg

Last bloom on Purple Honey Creeper:

photo IMG_1189_zps25b346dd.jpg

Philistine Champion on Rebloom:

photo IMG_1221_zps4477aaa2.jpg

And photobucket will make this huge since I am not turning it on it's side, but Tree Turtles clump:

photo IMG_1203_zps69be422f.jpg

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Couple FFOs on Sunday

Wow - I like Deliverer! Very showy!

Of course, if I look at Purple Honey Creeper again, I'll change my vote. Love that flower!

Nancy

o

I'm sad to see the last of Purple Honey Creeper, since I've loved your photos. Indian Ripple was a great late here. Deliverer is my favorite.

o

Very pretty Indian Ripple. I will give the nod to Purple Honey Creeper, and goodness!! Just look at Tree Turtles--that's a wowser to me. Avedon

o

I like Indian Ripple every time I see it, but Purple Honey Creeper is my favorite, although Philistine Champion looks might good too.

o

goodness, Indian ripple is a beauty.Love that one. and am loving PHILISTINE CHAMPION, too.those colors are so pretty. and DELIVERER is my favorite.I found another rebloom scape this morning. this one is on PRETTY GAUDY which surprised me, will be the first time for a rebloom on it.. love all your photo's KAY.

jean

o

All of them are lovely. The color intensity on the ones with raindrops is wonderful.

Julia

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 14, 13 at 18:55

Philistine Champion is a beauty, and I also like Deliverer. I got a small plant of Indian Ripple from Robin (Earlybird) in late spring, and even though the plant is still small I see a scape coming up. It's pictures such as yours that have made me lust for it for years. It sure is striking. May mine turn out as pretty as yours......Maryl

o

Beautiful. just beautiful. I just love that Indian Ripple and Hard Times.

o

Thank you for looking and commenting. Indian Ripple is new this year, and I am very pleased with it. There are several scapes and it appears to be well budded. Purple Honey Creeper has really been an excellent bloomer this year. Chris, I hate to see it finish too. Philistine Champion is well into it's re-bloom , a magnificent plant that I have to thank Rita for her generosity in sending me start of it. Deliverer is probably my favorite Emmerich, I love the color. Julia, that rain came on unexpectedly...was supposed to be in the afternoon. Rita, Hard times is happy in it's new site, but I'm afraid I lost Last Chance for Romance last Winter.

Thank you again for looking and sharing observations on the blooms.

kay

o

I think that last bloom of Purple Honey Creeper may be its best, and I choose it as my favorite. Indian Ripple is bright and pretty too! I'm amazed at the increase you got on Hard Times after moving it. It strikes me as looking a lot like Witch's Stick by E. Shooter.

Debra

o

Indian Ripple is my favorite of a great group. Your photo of Tree Turtles is a beautiful one.
Linda

o

Hard Times is pretty and wow what an increase after the move.
Deliverer is beautiful and my favorite.

o

Rita and nat4b, Hard times was a bonus from Jim Murphy, I think it was three years ago. (Rita? or 2 years) Anyway, it did well, but was in a terrible place too close to the oak tree, and competing with it's roots as well. I moved it, and since it is a hard dormant, I thought I had lost it at first. Then, as it cam up, I was very surprised to have 15 fans!
Debra, Purple Honey Creeper has been such a good plant this year. It started blooming the last of May, and has been blooming almost continuously since then.
Thanks, Linda. Tree turtles is such a tall plant I can turn it on it's side when I post, so it is a huge pic. I am enjoying the new one, Indian Ripple.
nat4b, I recommend Deliverer to anyone. It always reblooms, and is a beautiful bloom besides.
kay

o

I got Deliverer this year. I should say it doesn't look good, no green showing yet, just those cut yellow remains of leaves so far. I wonder if it's gonna have instant rebloom here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here