Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Some for Thursday

newyorkrita
11 years ago

Here are more pictures taken yesterday morning as I only posted a few last night and have all these left to post.

Victoriana, a Culver late bloomer.

New Covenent, not a late and a Korth intro.

Coral Majority, late bloomer.

Chicago Apache. Fabulous red.

Harlans Pride. Dale Thomas late bloomer.

Kenora Wildfire. You all must know by now that I love this daylily.

UP Against The Sun by Richard Norris.

HOT TAMALES AND RED HOTS. LOVE, love, love it!

A late bloomers bed in back of the garage.

Comments (14)

• shive
    11 years ago

The late bloomers bed looks fantastic! It has so many blooms and so much color! Victoriana and Kenora Wildfire are my favorites. Harlans Pride looks like a very nice late red. Your Coral Majority is much lighter than mine was this year. In previous years mine was somewhat lighter. This year it was more of a red orange.

Debra

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

The late bloomers bed is filled with buds! Harlan's Pride looks great, and yes, Kenora Wildfire is terrific.

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Late bloomers bed looks great! I love all your beautiful flowers today, especially Kenora Wildfire and Coral Majority. Love the shot of Chicago Apache with coneflowers and all the green around.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The problem is that the late bloomer bed there has been blooming and it is much, much too early in the year for them. Well, can't change it so might as well enjoy them while they are here.

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Absolutely smashing colors on these, love them all. What is the plant blooming behind Hot Tamales and Red Hots? The flowers remind me of salvias, and I know you love salvias, too. I think I must begin to add some really hot colors to our garden. You are definitely an enabler, Rita--it's all your fault showing me these gorgeous flowers---LOL!!! Avedon

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Beautiful blooms, RITA. Love VICTORIANA, so pretty. and CHICAGO APACHE is a gorgeous red.NEW COVENENT and KENORA WILDFIRE IS SO PRETTY. and love, love love, HOT TAMALES AND RED HOTS.beautiful reds.

jean

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Avedon, that is Walkers Low Catmint. They are in the terraces garden and the Carmint is planted in the terrace top of the daylilies. Wonderful plant, full of blue flowers that always bloom.

Jean, HOT TAMALES AND RED HOTS is a new favorite of mine. I just love it.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Beautiful Rita. Hot Tamales And Red Hots is definitely a favorite here too. So glad I got it when I did as I heard from Annette that she is, or nearly is, sold out of it.
    The back bed looks fabulicious :-).

Julia

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Oh my all those reds and hot ones! No way could I pick one, but I really like Kenora Wildfire, Chicago Apache, Hot Tameles and Red Hots, Coral Majority, and...well, you get the picture. Fabulous post.
    kay

• polymerous
    11 years ago

Lots of beautiful color there, and very appropriate color range for the "lates" (which I tend to think of as "hotter").

I think that my preference would still be for the pastel "Victoriana", though "Kenora Wildfire" is interesting.

(Looking at all of your garden pictures, it looks like you've got different cultivars planted very close together. How far apart are they, and are they far enough apart that you have no problems distinguishing the clumps when it comes time to divide and propagate? I ask because its hard to tell from the pictures.)

• JJOF
    11 years ago

WOW! They are all stunning! The colours just jump right out and you!
    Jason

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Julia, I didn't know she was sold out of HOT TAMALES AND RED HOTS but it wouldn't surprise me as this daylily is so pretty.

Kay, you and me both. We both love the hot ones :-))

Polymerous, everything is crammed in my garden. I have never had any problems telling which clump is which but the only time you can see ground between them is in early spring before they grow out.

Jason, thanks. I do have a lot of hot colors.

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

I think I love the Chicago Apache the best but that's hard to say as they are all excellent! Love your new one Hot Tamales And Red Hots also.

Glad you and yours came thru the storm O.K. and so sad to of heard about the people injured at the park. Just right across your street, scary!

Rena'

• Nancy
    11 years ago

So many stunners! I think New Covenent & Hot Tamales are my favorites, Kenora Wildfire is really pretty too. And Up against the Sun. The last photo is wonderful, you really have a lot still in bloom. Many of mine are finished & the remaining ones are on their last buds. I do have a few more that are going to rebloom soon, so I will have something. I'm so glad there are still people on the forum who still have lots, I do enjoy the photos.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting