Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Last Of The New Ones plus more DL pics

Posted by Avedon 8a (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 12:21

Here is Capacity For Wonder, received this from Julia and we were able to make three plants from what she sent. All three plants are blooming now, so I think this will be a great addition to our garden.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Last Of The New Ones plus more DL pics

Apache War Dance--definitely gets your attention!!

o

Tender Love--so pretty and delicate, and one of our latest bloomers, so extends our season.

o

Royal Frosting--this came from Celeste, and it began blooming May 29th. This is the picture I took yesterday, July 12, so really fantastic and since I love white DLS this one is definitely a favorite.

o

I think that's all, and now here are some of the ones blooming now. You may have seen these before, but I think these might be worth seeing again. Orchid Corsage with five in a row.

o

Starstruck Clump--very showy!!

o

Westbourne Good Old Days, love this picture of it.

o

Always A Favorite--South Seas

o

Last One for now--Isabel's Spider which opened June 16 with not one but six beautiful flowers. Thanks for looking.

o

I really like the way you give your daylilies plenty of room. My favorites of these are Royal Frosting and Isabel's Spider. All your clumps look wonderful!

Debra

o

Terrific clumps! I especially love the shot of your Westbourne daylily. Capacity for Wonder is planted under a pine tree here and hasn't really shown its stuff because of the lack of sun. Judging from your photo, it deserves to be moved.

Chris

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 17:35

Good clump shots. My favorite is Capacity for Wonder. Love the polychrome effect... I was trying to remember which yellow you liked so much the other day and you've posted it to remind me - Starstruck. Very nice one indeed. I also like your picture of South Seas. Shows it stuff to perfection. If you like it you'd also like Coral Majority. Just a deeper shade of coral with a fantastic upright growth habit......Hope there's more to come........Maryl

o

Pretty! Two yellows are my favorites today, love Capacity for Wonder and Starstruck. And of course W. Good Old Days is a beautiful bicolor, very nice pic.

o

I never get to post anymore because my life is so hectic but I do come here and read LATE at night and enjoy everyone's posts so much. I was so happy to see my 'baby' Royal Frosting blooming so pretty in your garden and obviously happy to live there! Mine is still just biding it's time waiting to open it's buds because I'm WAY behind you here in zone 4 but it won't be too much longer. I'm so glad you are enjoying it and I love seeing all your pictures. I have been taking pictures but haven't had a minute to do anything with them....lol. Daylily season just started here.

Celeste

o

wow!!!!! you have some beauties. I been going up and down trying to pick my favorite out of them, but, its not possible.I love all of them, well maybe not the spider so much, but it has gorgeous colors., they are all knockouts.

jean

o

Orchid Corsage is so pretty. South Seas is a very favorite here and I just spotted rebloom scapes, yay! Wow, I can't wait 'til my clump is as big as yours. Yours is beautiful! Capacity For Wonder is also beautiful! And I also love your shot of the Westbourne...

Thanks for sharing!

o

Isabel's Spider recurves nicely--and that huge green throat!

o

I'm so glad CFW is doing good for you and I found a home for the double planting I had. It is a strong grower here so hopefully it does the same for you.

I love the clump shots. Your garden looks wonderful.

Julia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here