Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Wednesday before and after some rain

Julia WV (6b)
10 years ago

What is blooming today before and after rain showers. Big storm coming late this afternoon or so the weatherman says.

INCA PRINCE

JEALOUS JAKE

MAUNA LOA

FLAMING WILDFIRE

SOMETHING MARVELOUS

SPACECOAST SEA SHELLS

OPEN DOOR

LIGHT OPERA

ED BROWN

BIG HONKING HEARTTHROB

WORTH IT ALL

DELICATELY YOURS

SARAH HAWES

Julia

Comments (16)

• shive
    10 years ago

They are all lovely. I laughed out loud when I read the name Big Honking Heartthrob. What a hoot! I think my favorite is Inca Prince. It has such deep, rich color in your garden.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Yes, weatherguys were predicting lots of storm showers for this afternoon for us also. Hope it cools things done some. Just too hot around here lately.

All your daylilies look great, especially INCA PRINCE.

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

I like Worth it All and Open Door. Marg

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I love all the bright colors going in your garden now. I wish Worth it All would just give me one bloom worth photographing. I guess it's a bug magnet here, so it's on its way out after the summer.

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Debra: Lori Jones has some great names for her daylilies and BIG HONKING HEARTTHROB fits this big red perfectly. :-).

Rita:You should cool down too with this cold front that is suppose to be passing through this afternoon. We need a bit of relief from all this humid weather even if for just a couple of days.

Marg: WORTH IT ALL is lovely but can be a problem with blooms. I get some good and bad blooms from it but I love the color of it so I keep it.

Julia

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Chris: Sorry to hear that WIA is not doing good for you at all.
    I did not spray at all this year. No time to do it and now we are in the full swing of blooms season. Interesting that some daylilies have no issues at all and others just can't seem to do without the bug spray.

Julia

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Pretty blooms today. I love the brightness of Inca Prince, Mauna Loa and Flaming Wildfire. Worth It All is also my favorite, very pretty color.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Beautiful as always, Julia. Hmmm. I just realized I haven't seen Mauna Loa this year. May have lost it. Worth It All is very pretty as is the aforementioned Mauna Loa. What is the bloom with Sarah Hawes? SC Sea Shells is a beauty, and I would, of course, like Flaming Wild fire. My favorite though is Inca Prince. It is always a beauty.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kay: CHICO RICO is blooming behind SARAH HAWES. I'm surprised all of the new ones I got have scapes :-)

Julia

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I've seen some fantastic blooms on Worth It All, but the scapes were almost on the ground. Ed Brown seems to grow very well for you. Inca Prince is always striking; I must pick that one up. Flaming Wildfire looks filled with buds. In fact, on all the pics I see loads of buds.

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

mantis: ED BROWN does really well here although I do hear from others that they have a hard time with it. It has been here probably 4 years at minimum and has 8 fans. It always is a good performer here. WORTH IT ALL, you have to love it or get rid of it.

This years rain has done a great job of pumping up the budcount. Now I wonder if we will have reblooms too.

Julia

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Julia, you do have some beauties today, so pretty,
    SOMETHING MARVELOUS is beautiful. I love that one. and I use to go to Maryotts website to look at the daylilies and loved this SPACECOAST SEA SHELLS and wanted it so bad, but, never able to get it. but there is hundreds just as pretty,I realized later. OPEN DOOR is a beauty, too. I have scrolled up and down looking and looking and I think that
    WORTH IT ALL is my favorite, so pretty.

jean

• User
    10 years ago

Very nice blooms. I especially like the color combination of Inca Princess. It is a beauty. I also like Spacecoast Seashells. I am waiting for mine to bloom for the first time.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Ed Brown has been really slow to increase here, I think I'm up to 3 fans after probably 6 years. I did get it in trade as a small single fan. The blooms are so nice though. Your photos all look so nice, but I think my favorite is Inca Prince.

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Double post...

This post was edited by juliany on Thu, Jul 11, 13 at 13:16

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks again. INCA PRINCE is one I think most folks would thoroughly enjoy having. When it blooms, you know it.

Be warned about Spacecoast Seashells. It does have a tendency to not open all the way and then other times, it is fine. I've kept a very small clump here after I sold off my very large clump. I've put the smaller clump in a south facing temporary bed.

I hear you Nancy about Ed Brown. So many have said it and others like me, have no problem with it.

Julia