Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
floota

Blog update on favorite blooms

floota
10 years ago

I haven't had a chance to visit, much less post to this forum lately. My recent blog posts have a lot of blooms that are happening this season. Here's a link to the latest post below.
Happy gardening!
The previous blog had a lot of pictures of the Herrington's "Oz" daylilies, for any who like those!

Here is a link that might be useful: My favorite blooms today...

Comments (6)

• shive
    10 years ago

I loved each and every photo! My wish list just got a whole lot longer, and I regret not bidding on Vivacioius Spirit this spring when I saw it on Lily Auction.

Debra

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Thanks for posting! Wonderful favorites. I am liking oranges more and more, they are truly eye-catching. And MAC is very pretty.
    My two favorites are Kennesaw Mountain Heyride and Vivacious Spirit - love everything about it, form, color, edge, throat. Such flowers won't be as stunning in my colder zone, so I really enjoy them in other's pictures :)
    What a change on Pigment Imagination bloom, unbelievable indeed. And it looks very good in the evening.
    I also like Jellyroll Morton, Bluegrass Memories and Coldbear Rapport a lot.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Your photographs are always so beautiful! So many that become gotta have it after I see your photo.
    kay

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

I really shouldn't look at your blog, because I get the WANTS big time. There are just so many beautiful daylilies that I have never seen and then I WANT them. It is a bad case of DL addiction, but then I'm not alone with that, am I--LOL. I do have a question. There is a daylily behind the wonderful Coldbear Rapport (one can only wonder where that name came from). It looks very colorful, and I would like to know its name. Since I have really taken to UFs, all of them must be my favorites, but that is a stunning eye on Tuscany Skies. Avedon

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Always a pleasure to see your daylilies. Particularly like Mark Allen Carpenter. Was hoping to see a picture of Christmas in Oz in your Herrington series. I'm not into UFs but for some reason that one has always caught my eye........Maryl

• floota
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone. Maryl, I think I have a picture of Christmas in Oz but didn't see it blooming in anyone's garden at the Regional meeting. Avedon, the daylily off to the right behind Coldbear Rapport ( Margo and Jim did run into a bear near or on their property during a very cold winter/ power outage a few years ago, so I'm guessing that's where the name came from) is none other than Margo's BROWN WITCH. The dratted deer got about half of it. I'm going to have to put up a deer fence after the convention or else they will destroy my garden. Very frustrating to finally have a year when we get wonderful rain and blooms and then have the deer find the blooms the same year!

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!