Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reblooms, lates and lasts on Friday

Posted by shive 6b TN (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 12:42

I love the way the cooler temperatures are making some daylilies darker and richer in color than what I normally see. The rain is helping a bit too, especially in beds that were not getting supplemental watering.

AERIAL APPLIQUE was one with richer color this morning. It is reblooming.

TIFFANY SHADE, a late, looks more raspberry today.

SUGAR MAGNOLIA is a much darker rose with a more pronounced lighter watermark today. The watermark has hints of peach on hotter days.

INCA PRINCE, with the last bloom on the scape, is so much richer in color than last month when I photographed it.

REGAL FINALE, a late, looked very velvety at mid morning.

UNINHIBITED is reblooming well.

ROYAL JESTER has just begun to bloom and is well budded too!

TECHNY PEACH LACE didn't get watered enough during the dry spell and its colors are lighter than normal.

KISSES FROM HEAVEN is really liking the rain and cooler temps. This is deepest pink edge I've ever seen on it.

NATALIE ANTOINETTE is reblooming in a bed that is still really dry despite two days of rain.

Columbus napping on a gray, rainy morning.

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 12:55

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reblooms, lates and lasts on Friday

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 15:22

I love it when you include kitty pictures. Columbus looks so peaceful. Not a care in the world....Boy, what a nice shot of Royal Jester. Really stands out...... You enabled me on Natalie A. but alas it got chucked out during my rust attact a couple of years ago. I didn't even get to see it bloom. But yours is, as always, a beauty..........Maryl

o

All flowers look beautiful! My very favorite are the last four. Royal Jester is such a nice bicolor. Techny Peach Lace is pretty and has a nice edge. Both pinks are beautiful, esp love Natalie Antoinette.
Aww, sleeping kitty :)

o

Natalie Antoinette decided not to bloom this year. It is evidently one of my more tender Stamiles. Like Royal Jester and Inca Prince.

o

Inca Prince always looks great, as does Columbus!

o

Mantis - I'm sorry Natalie Antoinette was a no show for you. I lost some fans of it over the winter, and some surviving fans did not scape here. The scape that gets sun the longest is the one that is reblooming. I've got to make sure I mulch it in the future.

Maryl - I'm so sorry you lost Natalie Antoinette in your rust attack. My clump was reduced by Old Man Winter, so I'm back to only four fans.

Nat - Royal Jester is a pretty bicolor and a great late. It's always one the last to bloom, generally has good bud count, and sometimes reblooms here.

Debra

o

Columbus looks comfortable rainy or not. Royal Jester is beautiful. I like Techny Peach lace, and Sugar Magnolia (love the name) and Aerial Applique looks really good. Inca Prince is a favorite of mine and that is a lovely shot, Debra.
kay

o

Kay - Thanks for the comments! Sugar Magnolia is my favoroite pink UF. It's not normally that contrasty between the petal color and the watermark.

Debra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here