Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

Wednesday Blooms

nat4b
10 years ago

The weather is still very nice here, not hot and comfortable level of humidity.
So I have no excuse and need to go and weed those beds!!

Big Easy - bonus from either last year or year before, not a lot of buds, but this is not a good spot either
{{gwi:860663}}

Trilithia - I probably should cut that volunteer cosmos before it turns into a giant like last year :)
{{gwi:860664}}

Chance Encounter FFO - I already established that it won't open flat no matter what; last year it was very hot and it still had those partially opened blooms; it has 17 scapes this year, not sure yet about BC, but last year it was very decent
{{gwi:860665}}

Lullaby Baby - had a lot of buds in 2011, last year was sick
{{gwi:860666}}

I had three or four poly daylilies today, this is one of them
Yesterday's Secrets - with pattern again
{{gwi:860667}}

Loaves and Fishes FFO - it's one of them with 'way too instant' instant rebloom scapes :)
{{gwi:860668}}

Undercurrent FFO - I think it's supposed to be EE, no, only Stella is true EE here
{{gwi:860669}}
Sorry about the weeds all around, I have already weeded this area twice recently, the weeds are just crazy this year

Here is another poly - s.Double Classic

The Band Played On - now that's more like it, finally with more recurved petals

Thanks for looking!

Comments (12)

• shive
    10 years ago

Yum, Yesterday's Secrets with even more petals and that gorgeous pattern. Does it only have patterns like that when it's cool? Loaves and Fishes looks like a nice one. I take the rebloom scapes whenever I can get them.

Debra

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

You sure have a lot blooming already! I'm still waiting. Only a couple have started and most are still a week or two away. Must be because all it does here is rain and there hasn't been much sun.
    My favorite of these is The Band Played On but I also like Loaves and Fishes. You get rebloom? I'm jealous...haha. It hardly ever happens here.

Celeste

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Lovely lovely. Especially S. Double Classic and Loves And Fishes.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Undercurrent is my favorite and the throat is pinched...nice.

Julia

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

I always like The Band Played On, and Loaves and Fishes, but my favorites are Undercurrent and the Poly.
    kay

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

OH WOW, love Yesterday's Secrets , that's a beauty,and I also love UNDERCURRENT. that lavender bloom is gorgeous.the polys are pretty, too.

jean

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Loaves and Fishes is my very favorite, really ike the Band Played on too. We're having some nice weather here too, or I should say, we have been. Low 80s the last few days, supposed to stay cool, but start raining the next few days. Weatherman has been predicting rain every day for the last week or more, but we haven't had a lot of it here. All around us. I really want to spray & kill off some grass so I can move some of my daylily seedlings. I always plant the seeds too close, assuming that some of them won't grow, then they are right on top of each other, can't tell which is which & who knows how well they will do or won't til they have their own space. One of these days I'll learn.
    Chance Encounter starts off not opening well here too, but after the first few blooms it does well & is really a pretty daylily. I can see it might have problems in cooler areas though, hope it works out for you.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

I like how your trilithia has that skinny leaved cosmos next to it with a skinny petalled flower. ha nice combo! :)

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Nice flowers--Undercurrent is my favorite. Avedon

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I too have been frustrated with the poor opening of Chance Encounter. Undercurrent is a very appealing pic.

• nat4b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks a lot everybody!
    Debra, that's what strange. Before it would do that only on very hot days, with the yellowish petals bleached by sun, I liked it more that way.
    Celeste, it's instant rebloom. Last year I had quite a bit. I mean usually it's 1-3 plants, but it was more than 10 last year. Unfortunately it came with severe drought and a stretch of above 100F days.
    Nancy, and I plant daylilies too close, hope I'll learn some day too. But that's because I want to fit more in less space. I have an area where I spaced them farther apart, actually where L&F and U-t grow, really enjoy the orderly way. Jungles in other beds :s
    Oh, Mantis I'm glad you commented about your Chance Encounter. The incorrect opening is what I dislike the most about dls. I'll take a low BC with pretty face, and though CE is performing well consistently I might have to reconsider it's premium location :)

• natalie4b
    10 years ago

Nat, Big Easy is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your beautiful blooms.