Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Posting a few for a hot day

organic_kitten
9 years ago

Shelby is settling in nicely...I am so glad Debra enabled me on this one as I really like it:

And Neon Dancer bloomed, and I always seem to forget how pretty it is: (with heavenly Angel Ice):

Last bloom for New Paradigm:

Mabou has had a good year:

I have so enjoyed Indigo Edge. It may have another bloom in it, but it is almost done. Every bloom open and perfect:

Wild One has a very long bloom time:

Cup of Cool Water:

The winner of most blooms this year, Overflowing Heart: It bloomed over and over again:

Colorado Moonstone...second to bloom, still in bloom today (but done after this)

Fear Not is reblooming:

Marys Baby: Like the look of velvet:

Still no idea what this is yet...thought you might like to see a non-fading, non-crisping red. this had been in the Alabama sun all day yesterday when I took this photo.

I'll be back to clump shots later:

kay

This post was edited by organic_kitten on Tue, Jul 1, 14 at 13:58

Comments (15)

• shive
    9 years ago

Your clump of Shelby is looking good! My favorites of these are Overflowing Heart, Fear Not, and Mary's Baby.

Debra

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

Beautiful, Kay.They are all just beautiful. My very favorite bloom in this is INDIGO EDGE. its really a beauty, second favorite is WILD ONE and 3rd one is CUP OF COOL WATER. AND 4th is OVERFLOWING HEART. all are so beautiful...

jean

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Hard to tell, but your red looks like Scarlet Orbit. The Indigo Edge pics have been great. Is it larger than Gilded by Grace?

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

I lost Mary's Baby over the winter (odd since it's from Norris a northern breeder), and I knew this spring it was one I could not live without. As your picture illustrates, the color says it all (and the white edging when it's there is just icing on the cake).......I really like that Colorado Moonstone. Nice form, nice color. I saw Wild One in the Oakes catalog last year (not this year though) and almost bought it. Seeing your picture makes me regret I didn't........Maryl

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

I need to put OVERFLOWING HEART on my wish list. Beautiful bloom shot.

Julia

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

So many nice ones! My favorites of this group are Fear Not, Mary's Baby and Overflowing Heart. I don't really care for pink, and received Overflowing Heart a couple of years ago as a mistake, but I am keeping it because it is very pretty and a great EMO.

Is Colorado Moonstone supposed to be Colorado Moon Fire? I got that one as a bonus several years ago and it was one of many I gave to my mom before I moved.

• gardenofeden777
    9 years ago

All are beautiful Kay! Love Mary's Baby, Wild One, Fear Not and they were already on my to buy list one day... Humm... but I'm adding Overflowing Heart also to the list it is beautiful and your comment about it blooming a long time sold me.

:-)

• statmam
    9 years ago

You've probably been asked this before (and if so, I apologize for the repeat) but where can one purchase those handsome daylily nameplates?

• opnjmprs
    9 years ago

I'm adding Overflowing Heart to my list of have to gets. That one looks fantastic!

Linda

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mantis, it is about the same size, it is just over 5 inches. It does look very like Scarlet Orbit, but who can tell?

Ouch, you missed a good one with Wild One. It is early open and has a very long bloom season here. Mary's Baby is a special one, sorry you lost yours.

Julia, it is a good one. I am finally back in the garden. do you still need Philistine Champion? I can dig now.

TwixandTween, no, it is Colorado Moonstone. a much warmer , more peachy color than Colorado Moonfire.

Thanks, gardenofeden.

Statmam, I get them from Oakes daylilies. I figure as much as the plants cost, I want a label that lasts, and these are engraved so don fade and they are quite sturdy.

It's a good one, Linda. You won't be sorry.

Thanks you all for taking the time to look and comment.
    kay

• njmomma
    9 years ago

I agree, looks like Scarlet Orbit.

I love these! Fear Not and Wild One are special!

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

I think I still have Wild One and Wildfire Tango (a similar one) somewhere in the discarded weed bed. After seeing your pic, I might have to give it a new home. Overflowing Heart has already gone on my wish list, thanks to your photos, and now I'm going to have to add Neon Dancer. Thanks, Kay!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nancy, Wild One is prettier in person than in photos. And I have always been fond of Fear Not.

For goodness sake, Chris, Wild One is a stunner. And it gives a lot of blooms too. Overflowing Heart was really outstanding this year, and Neon Dancer is one I've had for a long time, but it is such a pretty thing when it blooms that it always surprises me again.

kay

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Kay, I can't find any info on Neon Dancer. Can you help?

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Chris, it is just me being stupid. Try North Wind Dancer and you should find it.
    kay

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA