Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crazy Northern rebloom and continuous bloom

Posted by pattyw5 Z5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 13:03

The plants are out there and you can have it. Yes there are many bugs out there that can attach daylilies (thrips, spider mites, plant tarnish bugs, ect.) but there's nothing better than knowing your plant has so many more blooms coming that it doesn't matter. Some gals like clothing, jewelry, eating out, vacations ect. I like flowers so probably have too many but this is me. Many are close too being large enough to share. Which I'd love too do. Starting with some yard shots. Can only post pictures one at a time. Don't have photo hosting site most are to complicated for me. All of these daylilies are reloom, continuous bloom, insanely bifurcate or very late.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Northern rebloom and continuous bloom

Another thru window it's raining.

o
RE: Crazy Northern rebloom and continuous bloom

A few of Mike Derrows continuous bloomers. Some were not open today. Yellow one ( Butter Me Up) is just an insanely budded insant rebloomer.

o

Judy Davisson and Richard Norris For long blooming instant re bloomers. Paul Owen for continuous bloom and heavy instant rebloom. Just a few before the rain started.

o

A couple more.

o

Sandy Veurinks continuous bloom daylily All Riled Up.

o

With Mikes Derrows ( Charlie Dale )

o

Oh my, those are some seriously pretty shots. I especially love the first one. What a nice view!

o

More fantastic northern hybridizers and blooms coming soon. Thanks brittie!

o

Your gardens are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your photos!

Debra

o

Wow, your gardens and yard look heavenly! And all the blooms are lovely too. I appreciate the information you give on good hybridizers for Northern rebloom, etc. - I remember reading one of your posts last year. Glad to hear you'll be keeping the info coming. Thanks!

o

Thanks Debra and Twixanddud. Forgot to mention that I live in northern Illinois. Don't forget to give these guys 3 years to show what they can do and to show their best color. First two years Charlie Dale did not repeat and color fade shortly after opening. Heavens to Betsy you should see him now. Give them lots of room. bloom four times a year increase quickly. By next year I'll be able to share.These plants will be beasts. Rearranged last year to leave two feet around them. Spent the last month eliminating under performers and those who get severe leaf streak. Boy was that hard to do. Closed my eyes and put in the shovel. Anyway, happy gardening to every one.

o

wow!! such beautiful photos.your garden shots are gorgeous,and those blooms are just beautiful.You live in my old home state, Illinois.Sure would like to know what kind of camera you are using to get such gorgeous colors, too.beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing them.

jean

o

Wow beautiful gardens! I would really like something like this, like in your first pic, just daylilies no lawn. Love the shot with the evergreens too.
The daylily that is right at the bottom of the first blooms picture (or pic #3) is that the same that is the right one in the last pic? (pink with red eye)

o

Thank you so much Jean. The camera is just a kodak easyshare m1093. I'm somewhat dumb when it comes to technical things. Right now the camera is stuck with the compensation set at -2 and can figure out how to change it back. Whats a old lady to do. grrrrr
Thank you Nate or Natalie, I never thought I'd ever like the yard. Think I'm finally (almost) happy. Yes both are Charlie Dale continuous bloom from Mike Derrow.

o

How about giving us some names (in addition to Butter Me Up) of the blossoms in the first picture.

o

Beautiful shot of your lovely garden. what is the big red at the bottom right?
kay

o

I love the full garden shots. That's a lot of color!

o

The one on top left with large purple eye is Vision Seeker new this year. Also got Into The Bad Lands but no bloom open today. It already had one instant rebloom scape. The orange is Adena Inferno. New last spring has 2 dead scape's, a bunch blooming and 2 new headed up. The near white is Adena Blizzard new last fall. Already reblooming. Next to that is The Tribble With Blue. My camera will not correctly pick up the color in this flower no matter what. It's a very light peach to near white, throat and edge are a nice bluish purple. Sometimes really blueish depending on its mood. Re blooms times. At the bottom is Charlie Dale gets better every year. Multiple rebloom Very happy with all of them.

o

Hi patty, im pretty new to the forum and am about 50 miles west of chicago. Its great to know my yard could look as goid as yours with more work! Great flowers. I would be out there all of the time.

Sherry

o

Thanks Kay and maximus. Kay, if it's the first picture. That's Judy Davisson's Mama Drama. Obviously I don't need to tell anyone how great her plants are. The oldest plant of Judys that I have turned 4 this year. I'm in a state of shock and awe.

o

Hi Sherry, You live very close to me. I'm in LaSalle, about an hours drive down I-39 from Rockford and one and a half hours sw of Chicago. It's kind of a good thing we have winter or my poor house would really suffer. I'm an odd ball but it I lived in a temperate climate I'd never go in doors. Finally someone close enough to share with, makes me happy!

o

Which of these would you consider to be good landscape plants--with consistent scape height, good mass display, and reliable rebloom?

o

Mantis, I've been trying to figure out a less confusing way to do this.Decided I'll do one hybridizer at a time and give the best and healthiest that I have. I have redone most daylily beds to leave two feet between plants. Still removing under performers. I despise leaf streak and some shades of pink. Many are very clean, repeat and are getting very large so some have to go. I can tolerate some leaf streak but not much. Let me sneak just one plants in here. In my opinion only Mike Hubens - Twist Again deserves a stout medal. A very consistent front of the border plant. Extremely clean foliage, always in bloom with many scape's at a time. Warm weather brings on ufo shape, A pretty yellow it sits in the bends of all my beds even with the roses. The Other one of Mike's that has clean foliage I think its On And ON or I was sent the wrong plant. It's a little creamy yellow little flower on a very demure plant. Starts blooming very early and goes till frost. Such a gentle daylily could fit anywhere always the same hight. The only two of Mike Derrows that I can say for sure are consistent in hight are Tribble With Blue and Charlie Dale. Be pleased to measure tomorrow. Extremely consistent muti rebloom. Here's a picture of their fertilizer. I'm not kidding They also get milorganite. Those are not the plants bye the way.

o

Hi Patty I live in Dixon IL and work out of Spring Valley IL. would love the chance to come to your place and see your beautiful gardens and also pick your brain on what to finish up my gardens with as I have about 30 (Karol Emmerich's) that I put in the last 2 years and just got into Richard Norris and Curt Hanson cultivars also in the last 2 years. also have other hybridizers but i'm starting to strictly look at only ones coming from the northern zones.

o

Your welcome anytime. Warning thou you will find me outside dirty, covered in daylily stains and I don't have a fancy place. My email set for members. Thats a long drive too work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here