Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Some Blooms For Sunday

newyorkrita
11 years ago

DREAM SEQUENCE. This is one of my new Rice intros I bought last fall. I LOVE it!!!!!!

Another Rice intro from last fall, FRUITY OVERTONES.

Friends With Benefits

Amour Ultima.

Cake Plate

Flambouant Promise.

Bold Witness

Bob Marley

Davisson late bloomer seedling I bought on the Lily Auction last summer.

Another Davisson late bloomer seedling bought last summer.

Comments (14)

• shive
    11 years ago

The two Rice intros are very pretty, and I really like that first Davisson late blooming seedling. Bold Witness is always and eye catcher. It looks like you still have a lot blooming. So many of mine had their last flowers in the past few days.

Debra

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

WOW!!! RITA!! That first one is gorgeous, DREAM SEQUENCE is reall gorgeous.I LOve it. also like CAKE PLATE. too. and AMOUR ULTIMA. too. you still have some gorgeous blooms, yet.oh, I like this last bloom, too. very pretty.

Jean

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Ooh, lala, Dream Sequence is a beauty. Everything you post is a beauty, love all these colors so much. It really is hard to single out a few, so I wish they were all growing in my garden. The two Davisson seedlings are looking good!! Avedon

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Bob Marley and Dream Sequence. Beautiful!!! Really like Flambouant Promise and Bold Witness, but the first two are my favorites.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tried to get the entire upstairs Tall Bearded Iris bed weeded today but just couldn't finish. I hope I can finish tomorrow and then mulch with straw along the pathway. Can't mulch the iris, which is why the weeding. I will put more Preen in the iris garden once I am done.

• bloominghaus7/LI/NY
    11 years ago

Rita, did Dream Sequence just start blooming, or has it been blooming for a while? Beautiful flower. Thanks, Andrea

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Dream Sequence is stunning, you did great getting that one. I love the color, the slight bitone, the shape of it, just wonderful. Flamboyant Promise is very pretty too, & Bob Marley is wonderful. Bob looks very tall & large flowered, nice clump. The Davisson seedlings look very nice too, I especially like the color & unusual shape of the first one. Your daylilies are blooming like mad, aren't they. My garden looks so sad, just an occasional bloom here & there. Barbara Mitchell, Jersey Spider & Stumbling Stone are reblooming, & Last Reward has one more bloom on its original blooms.

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

Wow, Rita. Those first two Rice intros are gorgeous. I have to look them up. And it looks like you really scored with the first Davisson seedling. I'm a sucker for the cascading daylilies, and I love that color.

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

Rita, you have some amazingly beautiful ones here and ones I haven't seen before. Wow! is all I can say....the first one especially seems to be everyone's favorite and there's no question that it's a stunner. It's everything I like in a daylily. I also love Bold Witness and Flamboyant Promise but each one has it's own special charm.

Celeste

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Andrea, sorry to say I have no idea when Dream Sequence started blooming. I guess I just didn't pay any attention. But I do know it wasn't blooming earlier in the season. I put it whereI had an empty spot from last year and I see that will not do as it is too beautiful to be off in the backround. So I am thinking on where I can move it too after blooming so that I can really see it next year.

Nancy, those Davissons are ones I added in my attempts to add more and more late bloomers. The yellow is by far my own favorite of the two. Things are really winding down here though which is sad.

Thank you everyone again. I am glad I did add DREAM SEQUENCE, even if I didn't plant it in the best spot. That type of thing can always be fixed as you all know I am great at moving my daylilies around.

• User
    11 years ago

I love Dream Sequence too and the great color of Davison.

• crackingtheconcrete
    11 years ago

I'm also really loving the Davisson seedling and Bold Witness! Such a vivid eye color in that one :)

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

Rita, you have so many nice lates. I love seeing the late season blooms. When there aren't as many blooming I appreciate each of them more. Bold Witness and Bob Marley are my favorites. Guess I'm going for the bright colors right now.
    Val

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, everyone. I do tend to notice any late bloomers far more as there aren't as many daylilies blooming now. But if it wasn't for the lates there would not be much left.