Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Garden Views on this Fourth Of July

newyorkrita
12 years ago

Middle of the backyard.

Doc Webster (yellow)

Middle of the new section from last year.

The daylily plateau up in the back.

Up the driveway

The driveway side slope.

Left Side of the front yard.

Left side Different angle.

The area that used to be the relocation garden. Now it is redone.

The Little Tree Garden.

The Terraces Garden

Terraces Garden different view.

If anyone really feels the need to see more garden views after all of these here there are more garden views posted on the Cottage Garden Forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Summer Garden on the 4th of July

Comments (19)

• bluenosens
    12 years ago

In a word, Magnificent! There is is! Beautiful group shots, Rita, cheers, lloyd

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Picture #1 lower right hand corner. What's the rose lily with the big throat?

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Loyd- Thanks. Today was the perfect day to get garden shots.

mantis- I think you mean DELIVERER by Karol Emmerich.

• wren_garden
    12 years ago

Fabulous, just fabulous! Love the terraced beds. If I went out in the early morning in your garden to take pictures, I wouldn't make it back in the house till lunch.I'd be walking around in a stupor It is so exciting to see full garden shots.

• shive
    12 years ago

All your hard work has paid off big time! Your gardens are truly magnificent. These photos look like they should be in a gardening magazine. My favorites are the first one and the terraces gardens.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

wren- It does take me a long time to get my pictures all done lately as I take so many of them.

Debra- If I took pictures for a magazine I would have to deadhead all the daylily beds. I never do that although I know it would look better. But I don't have the time. So I just deahead in the closeups and try to clean up everything that is in the frame.

I am really glad to have all the worst of the work done which was creating all the spaces and filling them. I am getting older and I want to do more enjoying of the gardens and less digging of them!

• Julia WV (6b)
    12 years ago

Very pretty pics Rita. So colorful and bright.
    You definitely are out of room by what I see in those pics LOL.

Julia

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Julia- I am so totally out of room. Last year I even took over my veggie garden and made it into mostly daylilies and Tall Bearded Iris.

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

Simply stunning! Love the whole yard, but that first shot and the left side beds are my very favorites.
    Val

• fanelda
    12 years ago

How beautiful! I am very impressed with all the beauty here! It has really been worth all the hours of hard work you have dedicated to your gardens. Love all the different levels of daylilies.

• anniegolden
    12 years ago

Truly there aren't enough superlatives in the English language. Thanks, Rita.

• nat4b
    12 years ago

Wow, your gardens are spectacular, enjoyed photo tour very much. It is a riot of color! I especially like the first picture. Driveway slope doesn't even look sloped!
    Beautiful red color dl in former relocation garden, and I also liked the dark red one in the last pic behind the hook.

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

Beautiful Pictures, Rita.I love them terrace gardens. So pretty. I like how you have some of them really tall lilies scattered here and there in the back.Love the purpleish ones a lot.Along your driveway is very pretty, too.I see tons of buds yet to open, so maybe our pictures will last awhile.:))

Jean

• houstmag
    12 years ago

Superlative gardens.
    Linda

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Your garden is absolutely gorgeous, Rita. I really like the effect of the portulaca in front of the daylilies too. That effect of different levels of color is very pretty!

You have done a wonderful job! enjoy it.
    kay

• blue23rose
    12 years ago

Oh wow, Rita. Everything looks so lush and green! I think my favorite picture is the last picture of the terraces garden.

Do you have an old picture showing what your place looked like before you did all this work? What a transformation!

Vickie

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Val, fanelda and Christine and Linda.

nat- That side of the driveway is so steep that it can not be cut with a lawn mover. I really had a very difficult time planting that slope because it was too steep to easily work on. So it was a really big project. But now that it is done I just love it.

Jean- So much more to open there should be blooms for a very long time.

Kay- I think putting the portulaca there in front was one of my very best ideas :-) I intend to put it there again next year as I just love it.

Vickie- I am sure I do have lots of old pictures. But who cares what it looked like in the ugly before pictures?

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Wow Rita, everything looks absolutely perfect, don't go changing a thing. I know a garden is supposed to be a work in progress, but I think yours has arrived!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nancy- Thank you! What a nice compliment. You know I always am working on my garden but I am actually done with all the big parts. All my garden beds are created and I moved so many of my daylilies two years ago to create that slope garden and redo the plateau. I even moved daylilies this spring, mostly moving an entire row forward to get away from shrubs that grew larger.

The things left to do are minor compaired to what has come before. I plan to add more spring bulbs this fall and I am sure I will keep adding lilies and bulbs in future years.

Even my rose beds are complete. The daylilies I will probably chuck out afew but basicly things are not planned to change.

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals