Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

Friday Blooms

nat4b
10 years ago

I'll start with a hosta. I think it's Elatior something or other.
I am glad it's finally growing well. We cut the tree there and
had to transplant most of the hostas to another location. This place is not sunny sunny but way more sun than before.
We left this one and it looks so good this year.

A disappointment. Chorus Line. What the heck is that? :)
{{gwi:863924}}

A joy. FFO on Sherry Lane Carr. This is a great daylily IMO
{{gwi:863925}}

Tatiana FFO

This is my Stella-like noid, but blooms later, repeats too
and has slightly different color, with a lil bit of green
{{gwi:863931}}

Ruby Spider FFO. I was very happy to see the flower, big as a plate, bright. Of course I've seen it before but there's something about seeing it for the first time in the season
{{gwi:863934}}
Oh! Another plus - has an instant rebloom scape this year.

Siloam Doodlebug - one of FFOs
{{gwi:863935}}
It is so tall this year, ha registered at 20 inches or smth like that. How about 32"?

Seventy Times Seven FFO
{{gwi:863936}}
This one is a nice melon color, my camera had difficulties with that today

Oh, something I was glad to see too. FFE on JKO
{{gwi:863937}}
Lovely shade of pink, looked better than in the pic. I always misspell the name (even on a marker :)) so I'll just call it by initials. I hope it will continue to be like that and better, and it's not the case of FFO being good and later flowers so-so.

Thanks for looking!

Comments (14)

• shive
    10 years ago

JACQUELINE KENNEDY ONASSIS is just the perfect soft pink in your photo. I'm glad to see a good garden photo of it, since I've toyed with buying it for several years. Does it have peachy tones in the sunlight? SEVENTY TIMES SEVEN is another I've thought about buying. It looks enchanting. I like the melon color and the soft ruffling. Your hosta seems to like getting a bit more sun. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Debra

• sann777
    10 years ago

I agree with you. Sherry Lane Carr is a great daylily. It makes me want to buy more from Carr. I love Jackie K.O. and love the soft color of Seventy Times Seven. I enjoyed your pictures. Sarah

• nat4b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Debra, and, yes, JKO turns peachy. I'll attach a picture from computer. I don't mind it that much while I can look at it in the morning too.
    I read the description of 70x7 and.. it's too many colors, and I'm not good with colors :) It looks like a melon. In the afternoon it got some pinkness. Oh, and if it has couple rebloom scapes here imagine how it will rebloom for you!
    Thanks Sarah. I also think SLC looks quite modern! I have another Carr's from the 90s that I like, Thunder & Lightning, but it is not as prolific.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

That Siloam doddlebug poly is very pretty! JKO is lovely, and your"freak" is interesting. You never know what a bloom may show you, do you. I always love Ruby Spider, but my favorite is the poly.
    kay

• Nancy
    10 years ago

JKO is so pretty. I have Sherry Lane Carr too, & it is such a great daylily. I've never had Chorus line trying to double before, mine was quite pretty this year. It is one that seems to have its good years & its not so good.

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

I agree about Sherry Lane Carr. I think it's great. Seventy Times Seven looks very pretty to me. I've never seen Chorus Line do anything like that, but I've had more than one deformed looking flower already this year.
    Val

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Keep us posted as to whether JKO is hardy and vigorous in the North.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

JKO looks very good and yes, do let us know about its first winter in your area.
    BTW, I would have to copy and paste the full name of JKO as I too would end up misspelling it. ;-)

Julia

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Nice looking group Jackie O is my favorite along with Sherry Lane Carr. Chorus Line sure was creative on it's bloom hopefully it will get it together on it's other blooms.
    Linda

• deangreen
    10 years ago

ha that's funny about the disapoinment. I like the doodle bug with the poly. so cute.

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

I like Tatiana the best. How big is the bloom on it? Chorus Line looks like its trying to impersonate an orchid. Neat.

• terrene
    10 years ago

JKO is my favorite! Very feminine and poised.

• nat4b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everybody!
    Chorus Line finally opened well, after 6 or 7 uglies.
    Julia :) About JKO spelling. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    Btw, she already overwintered once, and actually was one of the three new daylilies that survived the winter.
    Tatiana is a diploid, so the flower is smaller, I'd say about 3" ?

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

I like your Stella type No ID and it is actually my favorite.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville