Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thursday pictures

Posted by nat4b 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 12, 12 at 13:18

This is ridiculous, no rain this summer at all, no rain in the forecast for this week, but the heat wave will be back. My new potted plants are drying out (I water but they start to have the same thing as my sick ones in the ground), and only Incendiary sent a tiny new leaf from the center.

This is my late noid I call midrib - so pale
P7121748

Tower of Babel on instant rebloom scape, those up above are almost always splotchy
P7121747

Fear Not - had a good green foliage all season until about a few days ago, I am afraid, I sure don't want to lose this one!
P7121744

DD noid on instant rebloom
P7121742
For the most part all instant rebloom scapes are way shorter than the original ones, not only on this one; but at the same time I've never had so much IR before

Super Mama's center looks almost blue in the morning
P7121735

Peace Beyond Understanding - took a break before opening one of its last flowers
P7121730

Cosmic Traveler - poor thing, half of the plant is dead and this is the only good scape
P7121725

Sea Dragon - loved it last year, this year it's among the sick ones, sadly
P7121718

Seventy Times Seven first flower on a short instant rebloom scape
P7121712

Russian Destiny
P7121708

Yellow Titan - had 4 today! 4th was on the second scape
P7121685

And the last flower on Mama's Cherry Pie
P7121687

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thursday pictures

You have tons blooming -- my favorites are Yellow Titan and Fear Not. It's been such a bad year for daylilies, but I'm hoping next year will make up for it.

o

Fear Not is such a beauty. I also really like Tower of Bable. In fact, you have a lot of really pretty ones still. Super Mama, cosmic Traveler and Yellow Titan are all great. We just need to survive this year. (except Rita, and here foliage is unreal lovely, not brown, and scruffy like mine)

kay

o

They really managed to look great for you today. I would choose each and every one but Cosmic Traveler really jumps out at me. Poor thing, I hope it recovers as it is so pretty.

o

Sea Dragon is still my favorite.Not to worry about the dead stuff on the daylilies. it has been so dry this season that they probably have gone dormant. They'll be back unless it has crown rot.. Ellie

o

Cosmic Traveler has been a great performer here.

o

wow, you have some very pretty ones blooming. I like TOWER OF BABEL, it is so pretty.PEACE BEYOUNF UNDERSTANDING is my favorite one, but I also like MAMA'S CHERRY PIE, too.

Jean

o

I am choosing Yellow Titan and Mama's Cherry Pie as my favorites. Avedon

o

No favorites as they all look good. You can't tell from the photos that your garden is suffering.

Julia

o

Just love Mama's Cherry Pie. So pretty!
Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here