Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Sunny on Sunday Bloomers Part Two

newyorkrita
12 years ago

Summer Explosion by Richard Norrris. Not the fanciest flower but it has an astounding amount of blooms that just keep going forever. I love it.

Clarification. It just turns out perfect, large blooms day after day. Love it. A Norris intro but it has been around for years. I only got mine three years ago, maybe two.

Red Light Returning (Mason). I love hot colored daylilies and I just love this one.

Kendora Wildfire, another hot colored one!

I liked this view of KW along with fiends all colorful topgether.

Barney and Sweet Isabela snuggle up together.

Elijahs Taxi and Rocks Cry Out make for lots of orange.

Exit Stratagy is a really large flower which you can't tell from the picture. Hibard intro.

Fox Point is a favorite Culver intro of mine.

Hearts Of Fire is fantastic this year.

Genuine Lady twins today. Culver intro.

I do know the name of this lily but now that I want to post it I am drawing a blank.

I love these little lilies that are new this spring.

Comments (20)

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Kenora Wildfire with friends is a real winner.

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Barney and Sweet Isabela make a lovely couple, & my favorite of these, I think.

• maximus7116
    12 years ago

I'm drooooooooooling over that photo of Sweet Isabella and Barney -- I desperately need to get both of those and plant them together. I also really like Kendora Wildfire.

It's always nice to view your posts to find daylilies not everyone grows. Thanks, Rita.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

mantis - Thanks. I loved all the color in the picture.

Nancy- Those two love to get together. I remember they were leaning into each other last year also.

Chris - Thanks. I just happen to like lots of northern hybridized daylilies and for years been buying from those northern hybridizers. My southern beauties are the ones I started out with my first year in daylilies when I just didn't know anything different.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

I cannot descide Rita,
    I am going to bed! (Haven't been yet. there are so many to make me drool here it is not a pretty sight. OH man, I love those! So many gorgeous hot beautiful colors adn blooms together and separate. I will look again when I get up.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Now I remember. The lily is Yelloween.

Hey Kay, get some rest. You know I made that new bed in back really crazy colorful as I love those hot blooms!

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

Okay, I finished with Number One and now it's on to Number Two. You are driving me crazy with all these fabulously beautiful d.lilies. My wish list must be a couple of miles long by now. I love your hot colored ones, too. Since I live in a warmer zone, I can only wonder if any of these would do well here. Must do research!!!! Avedon

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Avedon- What state are you in? Zone 8 seems like you should be able to grow all the types well, dormant, semi and evergreen.

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

Really Beautiful blooms, Rita,CLARIFICATION is so pretty, and that RED LIGHT RETURNING is gorgeous. So bright and really red,.KENDORA WILDFIRE is stunning, too, and BARNEY is fabuleous all alone,and even more gorgeous along with SWEET ISABELA.They do make for a happy couple. BUT, My very favorite here is HEARTS OF FIRE.

Jean

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

These are just incredible! I love Barney, and so many of them. What fun to go out every day and see them.!!

• njmomma
    12 years ago

Aack, too many gorgeous ones here. I just added RED LIGHT RETURNING and KENDORA WILDFIRE to my wish list. WOW, those hot colors are amazing!

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

I love the way Rocks Cry Out and Elijahs Taxi look together. Kendora Widfire and the other hot ones grab your attention. Barney and Sweet Isabella look beautiful together. Genuine Lady Twins are lovely and of course Hearts of fire is a favorite. I really can't just pick one, but they are lovely.
    kay

• houstmag
    12 years ago

Kendora Wildfire get my favorite vote out of as always a outstanding group.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

Rita, I live in Northeast Texas in the country, so our temps are usually fairly moderate, even in the summer, but not this year. We will probably not water some of the day lilies--the ones we don't really care for, because we are afraid our water well might run out. It's a big problem and may cause us to have a new well dug next year. I don't mind losing plants I don't like, but we are going to lose others, too, if we don't get some rain soon. There appears to be little chance of that. Next year we may be starting all over again, so I'll be looking for daylilies that can take the heat. I love all your bright colored ones, but they will probably burn out here, as we can't provide much in the way of shade. Never mind, just keep posting so I can appreciate vicariously yours, and everyone else's beautiful, bright flowers. Avedon

• bluenosens
    12 years ago

Wow, You're having a terrific bloom season and I love the groupings. But I love them all. I may have to take a look at Red Light Returning. That has to be the best pic I've ever seen of it.

• anniegolden
    12 years ago

Your yard is a patch of daylily heaven. Each photo more stunning that the one before. Thanks, Rita.
    Christine

• opnjmprs
    12 years ago

It's hard to beat that pairing of Barney and Sweet Isabella. Just the best. Linda

• nat4b
    12 years ago

Barney and Sweet Isabella look great together and they are my favorites.
    My Yelloween opened today too.

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

Barney always looks fabulous and Clarification looks like a winner too, but they are all lovely.
    Val

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all !

Avedon - I have never lived were I had to worry about well water so it is hard for me to imagine not being able to water. I hope everything turns out ok with your plants.