Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Sunny on Sunday Bloomers Part One

newyorkrita
12 years ago

Sam Abel. I just love this Richard Norris intro which I planted last spring.

Rebecca Hockridge. Someone sent me this as a bonus. Lovely flower.

Friends With Benefits FFO a Paul Owen intro.

Butter Dish. I love this old double. One of only two doubles I have along with S. Double Classic.

Rooted In Love is a Korth intro. I got this one because the backround color is supposed to be very white just like Purify My Heart. Its not. At least not in my garden.

Kingdom Without End (Emmerich)

Incessant

Cast Your Crown by Korth.

Hearts Of Fire is such a great red.

Spirit Of Truth (Emmerich) had paler flowers today. It is already showing instant rebloom scapes.

Primal Scream

Instant Celebration (Korth. It really does remind me of Celebration of Angels which I also have.

Celebration of Angels.

Joy To The World FFO.

Comments (19)

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Lots of lovelies, I really like Sam Abel & Cast Your Crown. Great picture of Primal scream. Instant Celebration & celebration of Angels do look amazingly similar, but very pretty.

• maximus7116
    12 years ago

My favorites are your bonus, Rebecca Hockridge, and Rooted in Love. Rooted in Love reminds me a little of your other Korth intro I can't find anywhere (and now I can't remember the name of it). It's tough getting old . . .

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

Well, Rita, Sunday is a day of rest, so I looked at all your beauties while I rested. There are so many, can't possibly pick anything as a favorite. Once again, I'm amazed at the colors of your daylilies. I hope next year some of ours will look as good. Avedon

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nancy- I do have lots of lots of those cream with purple eye look alikes. Last year I tried to decide on some of them to leave but with with the lack of rain and excessive heat, I just couldn't evauluate anything. I am glad I left them as first off these two were never going to leave and another look alike (Wheres Waldo) really turned out fabulous this year. So I have another look alike that I now know is the one to leave as I only got it too rebloom and it never does.

Chris- I have so many of those Korths (36?) that it is easy to get mixed up LOL!

Avedon- Hurray, no house work today :-) Last year my daylilies were pale and didn't look like this at all. Very amazing this year. Lots of rain and good weather.

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

wow. These blooms keep getting prettier then the day before,if that is even possible.Such bright colors on them.
    SAM ABEL is just gorgeous. and KINGDOM WITHOUT END is a very pretty one, too, but my favorite one is HEARTS OF FIRE.It is suxh a beautiful red.

Jean

• katlynn719
    12 years ago

Look at the teeth on Cast Your Crown - what a beauty! Sam Abel is my second runner up - so dramatic.
    Kathy

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Incessant just catches my eye every time. I just love that one!

• njmomma
    12 years ago

Rebecca H. and Instant Celebration are my favs here. Very lovely.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Rita,
    Once again, too many gorgeous ones to choose one. I love Incessent: the colors are so bright and eye-catching. Cast Your Crown has caught my eye since the first time you posted a pic of it. Emmerich's Kingdom Without End is beautiful, and I love both of the dark eyed beauties, so I can just conclude I really enjoyed all of the blooms today.
    kay

• houstmag
    12 years ago

I agree with Kay so many gorgeous ones to choose from, I believe out of this group Sam Abel is my favorite.
    Linda

• uroboros5
    12 years ago

Sam Abell is spectacular, I'm waiting for mine to open its buds.

• bluenosens
    12 years ago

I especially liked Sam Abel [what a beauty], and Instant Celebration. But the Klehm Joy To The WOrld I just love. There is something very special about the Reckamp, Klehms. And Joy to the World is a Klehm I may have to acquire someday.

• anniegolden
    12 years ago

Really love KINGDOM WITHOUT END. It has a joyful look about it.
    Christine

• opnjmprs
    12 years ago

ROOTED IB LOVE is my favorite.....but then I'm a terrible sucker for those pink/rose colored eyes. Linda

• nat4b
    12 years ago

I opened the thread and wow what a dramatic flower, Sam Abel, but then the other beauties follow, really can't choose because they are all great!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Some more of those Reckamp Klehms should open soon. I got a batch of them afew years ago from Annette Rice on the Lily Auction when I was looking to expand on my late bloomers.

When I first saw the picture of SAM ABEL at Richard Norrris website I was bowled over. I just couldn't believe the stunning dramatic looks of this flower. I deffinately looks like it was hybridized in Florida but no way. Love these northern hybridized intros :-)

• Cindy zone 6a
    12 years ago

Oh wow, I love that Sam Abel. It is a stand out!
    nice group of pictures.
    cindy

• Edward_Kimball
    12 years ago

Lots of good stuff but Rebecca Hockridge is one that might have to go on my wish list.

Edward

• aka_margo
    12 years ago

All beautiful!
    Jen

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!