Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
July in the Garden

Posted by mamalion 5 IL (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 13:38

I am an avid reader of the forum, and I appreciate all of your postings, pictures and suggestions. While I don't get around to posting much, here is what has been blooming this season in my garden:

AMYTHEST ART

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

JELLY ROLL MORTON

JASMINE ROSSI

ACQUIRED ARCADIAN BLISS

SUDDENLY LAST SUMMER

WITH A KISS

PIECE OF MY HEART

FENG SHUI MOMENT

CONCRETE BLONDE

RUBY LIPSTICK

PINK PANTIES

I hope you enjoy these!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: July in the Garden

• Posted by ruthz 8 dfw texas (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 14:09

With the beauties you have, you should post more often.
I've got to get more Curt Hanson daylilies.
They are all so gorgeous it's hard to pick favorites.
I can narrow it down to Jelly Roll Morton and Suddenly Last Summer.
And I really love the color of Pink Panties.

o

Be Still My Heart! That Pink Panties clump is so fabulous! I swore I would never grow a daylily with panties in the name (Hanson has several I like.). But that photo could make me change my mind. I love the clump of Suddenly Last Summer, too! I just bought Acquired Arcadian Bliss this spring but it hasn't bloomed, so it's good to see your photo.

Debra

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 14:28

You have some really pretty daylilies. Jasmine Rossi is new to me and not only is its color great I like the form too, along with that gold edging. Your close up of Pink panties is nice showing a mass of bloom and the clump shot also makes me drool. Nice job..........Maryl

o

Pink Panties is a must-have! I love seeing Hansons I don't grow, so I really like Acquired Arcadian Bliss, too. That's the first photo I've seen of that daylily that wasn't from Curt's catalog. Suddenly Last Summer is a favorite because of that beautiful color and I like the hint of pink in FSM. Great daylilies today!

o

Very nice! Thanks for posting and sharing your pics. Jellyroll Morton and that last shot of Pink Panties are my faves.

o

Beautiful! Love Jasmine Rossi and Suddenly Last Summer.
Pink Panties lol Beautiful color, wow.

o

gorgeous daylilies.Not sure I would want a daylily called PINK PANTIES but, that is just beautiful. might have to rethink that. they are all so very pretty,and I hope you will post some more.I don't have any blooming now, except for 3,so I am injoying it to see some daylilies blooming.

jean

o

Your Hanson clumps are marvelous.

o

I'm with everyone, clump shots just draw me in & Pink Panties is a great looking clump. You have a couple I don't think I've seen before. One is FENG SHUI MOMENT, I really like the shape & color of it.

o

Wow Pink panties is one pretty daylily. Nice daylily choices.

o

Pink Panties is like looking at a fireworks display, and that color is so beautiful, very nice pic of that one! My second favorite is a tie between With A Kiss, Jelly Roll Morton.

Linda

o

Thanks for all of your comments. I had to include both photos of Pink Panties just to show what a great plant it is! The blooms are generally perfect, too.
I have been really enjoying Jasmine Rossi- its flowers are gorgeous and I am hopeful that it is a good increaser. Acquired Arcadian Bliss is a beautiful workhorse in the garden...tall, pretty and reliable. And Suddenly Last Summer is another strong Hanson, reliable and beautiful!

I will continue to read all of your postings for ideas on what to add for next year, if I can find the space :)

o

You have a lot of beauties in this post. I really like Jelly Roll Morton, Suddenly Last summer and Pink Panties. You don't have a dud in the group. Very pretty post.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here