Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamalion_gw

July in the Garden

mamalion
9 years ago

I am an avid reader of the forum, and I appreciate all of your postings, pictures and suggestions. While I don't get around to posting much, here is what has been blooming this season in my garden:

AMYTHEST ART

JELLY ROLL MORTON

JASMINE ROSSI

ACQUIRED ARCADIAN BLISS

SUDDENLY LAST SUMMER

WITH A KISS

PIECE OF MY HEART

FENG SHUI MOMENT

CONCRETE BLONDE

RUBY LIPSTICK

PINK PANTIES

I hope you enjoy these!

Comments (13)

• ruthz
    9 years ago

With the beauties you have, you should post more often.
    I've got to get more Curt Hanson daylilies.
    They are all so gorgeous it's hard to pick favorites.
    I can narrow it down to Jelly Roll Morton and Suddenly Last Summer.
    And I really love the color of Pink Panties.

• shive
    9 years ago

Be Still My Heart! That Pink Panties clump is so fabulous! I swore I would never grow a daylily with panties in the name (Hanson has several I like.). But that photo could make me change my mind. I love the clump of Suddenly Last Summer, too! I just bought Acquired Arcadian Bliss this spring but it hasn't bloomed, so it's good to see your photo.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

You have some really pretty daylilies. Jasmine Rossi is new to me and not only is its color great I like the form too, along with that gold edging. Your close up of Pink panties is nice showing a mass of bloom and the clump shot also makes me drool. Nice job..........Maryl

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Pink Panties is a must-have! I love seeing Hansons I don't grow, so I really like Acquired Arcadian Bliss, too. That's the first photo I've seen of that daylily that wasn't from Curt's catalog. Suddenly Last Summer is a favorite because of that beautiful color and I like the hint of pink in FSM. Great daylilies today!

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

Very nice! Thanks for posting and sharing your pics. Jellyroll Morton and that last shot of Pink Panties are my faves.

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Beautiful! Love Jasmine Rossi and Suddenly Last Summer.
    Pink Panties lol Beautiful color, wow.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

gorgeous daylilies.Not sure I would want a daylily called PINK PANTIES but, that is just beautiful. might have to rethink that. they are all so very pretty,and I hope you will post some more.I don't have any blooming now, except for 3,so I am injoying it to see some daylilies blooming.

jean

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Your Hanson clumps are marvelous.

• Nancy
    9 years ago

I'm with everyone, clump shots just draw me in & Pink Panties is a great looking clump. You have a couple I don't think I've seen before. One is FENG SHUI MOMENT, I really like the shape & color of it.

• Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
    9 years ago

Wow Pink panties is one pretty daylily. Nice daylily choices.

• opnjmprs
    9 years ago

Pink Panties is like looking at a fireworks display, and that color is so beautiful, very nice pic of that one! My second favorite is a tie between With A Kiss, Jelly Roll Morton.

Linda

• mamalion
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for all of your comments. I had to include both photos of Pink Panties just to show what a great plant it is! The blooms are generally perfect, too.
    I have been really enjoying Jasmine Rossi- its flowers are gorgeous and I am hopeful that it is a good increaser. Acquired Arcadian Bliss is a beautiful workhorse in the garden...tall, pretty and reliable. And Suddenly Last Summer is another strong Hanson, reliable and beautiful!

I will continue to read all of your postings for ideas on what to add for next year, if I can find the space :)

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

You have a lot of beauties in this post. I really like Jelly Roll Morton, Suddenly Last summer and Pink Panties. You don't have a dud in the group. Very pretty post.
    kay

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus