Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

Thursday's last and repeats

nat4b
11 years ago

It cooled down today suddenly. I saw the next seven days forecast and still no rain.

Here are mostly last flowers

Wren's Song - last bloom (it was yesterday actually)

{{gwi:866563}}

and Peace Beyond Understanding had its last flower yesterday

{{gwi:866564}}

Now from today:

Casablanca Lily started but like all my orientals it is affected by something and doesn't look good, this is the best bloom

{{gwi:866565}}

Ha, I just noticed a cat tail there on the left

NOID's last bloom - it is so tall! I thought for sure 4', went out and measured, and yes, 50 inches :) Beautiful Edgings is 4 feet tall too

{{gwi:866566}}

Decadence - last, and lost all its color in the heat

{{gwi:866567}}

Quest for Excalibur - last

{{gwi:866568}}

Soul on Fire - last bloom :( Sad about this one, it's been so good this year. The foliage looks well too. I noticed in this bed almost all daylilies were either totally sick or partially affected, but Soul on Fire was one of the healthy plants!

{{gwi:866569}}

and here's Fear Not - one bud left but it doesn't look ok, so this might as well be the last bloom

{{gwi:866570}}

Zena

{{gwi:866571}}

Chance Encounter

{{gwi:866572}}

Beautiful Edgings

{{gwi:866573}}

and Russian Destiny

{{gwi:866574}}

Thanks for looking!

Comments (10)

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

I really like your tall NOID, the color is great and the ruffles just add to it. Marg

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Peace Beyond Understanding is truly lovely. Can you comment more on its performance and typical coloring (some of the pics have been more yellow).

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Oh no! It is so sad to get to the last flowers. They are pretty though.

• shive
    11 years ago

I'm really liking Peace Beyond Understanding and Quest for Excaliber. That's an exceptionally pretty bloom on Chance Encounter, and Soul On Fire sounds like it's been a real trooper this year.

Debra

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

Chance Encounters and Beautiful Edgings are my pics! Maybe because I just got those 2 and they are waiting to be planted today, yippee. Love all your flowers and Decadence is still beautiful, and since I don't know what it's supposed to look like it looks perfect to me! I'm sure being faded out is aggravating but honestly it is still gorgeous. Sorry to hear about your lilies, hope it's a temp. problem and next year they will be good as new.

Rena'

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

CHANCE ENCOUNTER IS SO PRETT, and I love BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS. mine is almost 5 foot tall, too.I am always afraid the wind is going to break the scapes when it blows,as the scapes are just whipping back and forth in the wind, but, it hasn't broke none yet.So sad to see them come to the end,isn't it.I have one fixing to bloom,that I have never seen a flower on yet, but it only has 3 buds on it, so it wont last long, and a rebloomer fixing to rebloom and it has only 3 or 4 buds, so wont last long and maybe only a day.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Chance Encounter is so pretty. Sad when the last blooms happen.

Julia

• JJOF
    11 years ago

Beauties! My faves are your NOID and Beautiful Edgings.
    Jason

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Chance Encounter, Soul on fire and Fear Not are my picks today. I hae been having a good many last blooms too, and it is sad, but time for me. Next year should be better weather-wise for you. We will all wish it for you.
    kay

• nat4b
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everybody!!

The forum was acting up yesterday night when I was trying to comment. It kept telling me that I must log in to post replies, but I was logged in. I don't know what was going on.

Anyway, PBU is pale yellow with pinkish sepals. It didn't increase much, added only two small fans since last year, and it had 2 scapes, one of which promptly dried out, and another one had 15 buds. It's ok with me, I like the flower.