Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21887604

The Money Shots a Poly

User
10 years ago

I took a few photos of Destined to See this morning and my favorite photo was a poly.

Now...the photo I have been waiting for - Ruby Lipstick. Gosh she is pretty.

This cutie may be short (I believe the height is 15"), however she is the perfect fit for my walkway garden - Broadway Starfish

Moonless Night - a nice dark one.

Femme de Joie is a tall lovely.

Magic of Oz - FFO. I think the color will get a little better tomorrow, however I do like the green throat.

Subtle Glance

Texas Blue Eyes - FFO on a new plant. Can only get better with time.

Greywoods Material Girl (color should get stronger with time)

Old Ivory does quite well in a peaceful shady spot.

Comments (16)

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Ruby Lipstick is a beauty! Even her bud form from yesterday was nice.

Femme de Joie and Magic of Oz are also stunners! The green throat on Magic of Oz looks like its a really true green!

Tammy

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

I agree, Ruby Lipstick is a beauty. But those lovely Destined to See twins are my favorite!

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I agree -- that photo of Destined to See is a beauty. I'm waiting for Ruby Lipstick to bloom here, too.

• shive
    10 years ago

Destined To See makes a stunning poly, and your first bloom on Ruby Lipstick is fabulous!

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Definitely Destined To See is very beautiful. Nice pic also of Ruby Lipstick. We have the same taste as I also have Magic Of Oz and Moonless Night and both opened here today.

Julia

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Ruby Lipstick is always a beauty, but that shot of Destined to See with the poly is my pick of the group. Love it!
    kay

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Destined to See and Ruby Lipstick are my favorites too.
    Val

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

well, my favorite is Destined to See , but,I really like your HOSTA plants, too. very pretty.

jean

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Ruby Lipstick is a beauty, and my favorite is Destined To See, and it makes a beautiful poly. Love that ruffled edge hosta and the big streaky leaves too.

• polymerous
    10 years ago

I am a sucker for polys, so I like that shot of 'Destined to See'.

Is 'Subtle Glance' registered? I can't find any data on it.

Is that last 'Double Old Ivory'? I love near-white daylilies, and yours looks very peaceful there with the hosta and (?) evergreen.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I was "destined" to like the shot of your twins. Very pretty. The others are nice too with the green throat of Magic of Oz getting my attentioon. Even though I'm not a big fan of UF's that's a great color.......Maryl

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Polymerous, Interesting question on Subtle Glance. I keep pretty good records and I checked to see where I purchased the plant and who registered it. I actually received this daylily from a friend. I did a little search online and could not find a daylily under this name. I tried a few variations on the name and came up with Subtle Message. The flower looks like a perfect match. Let me know if you disagree. I guess it is time to update the label. Thanks for the catch.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Have you seen a clump of Texas Blue Eyes in your area? I just wonder if it thrives in 6a.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

You have a lot of pretty blooms. I especially liked Broadway Starfish, and, of course, Ruby Lipstick is always a beauty, but that shot of Destined to See overtakes everything else, especially with that poly.
    kay

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for the feedback everyone. I have to agree with most of you that the Destined to See photo was one of my better photos...and that flower was looking great that morning.

Mantis, I have not seen a clump of Texas Blue Eyes in New England. I have only seen pictures of it on the forum and never really paid attention to where people were growing it. Hopefully I won't be disappointed. The plant has only been in my garden for about six weeks, therefore, I am not expecting much from it this year.

• lalalandwi
    10 years ago

Destined To See polys a lot for me too. What a gorgeous bloom!

That green on Magic Of Oz! Hello!