Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jeanne Deaver's Dream with dream flower

Posted by shive 6b TN (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 13:53

The photo I posted the other day of Jeanne Deaver's Dream really didn't do it justice. To really be ready for her glamour shot, you have to wait until after 9 a.m. Then you will see why this is a "dream" daylily.

JEANNE DEAVER'S DREAM

Here are a few others from this morning.

CORAL MAJORITY - the last one

Seedling Dust Be Diamonds X Tuxedo Junction still blooming and bud building. The bud count is up from 13 and 14 to 20 and 21 now.

REMEMBERING ROSE

Debra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jeanne Deaver's Dream with dream flower

Gorgeous color on all--your seedling is a winner, love those bud builders. Avedon

o

Beautiful, just beautiful.

o

Avedon - I'm so thrilled about that seedling's bud building. Some bug bit off the last little bud on one of the scapes, so that may end it's building. The other scape seems to be OK.

Rita - Thanks for your comment!

Debra

o

Wow, wow, wow. That is a must-have daylily. (JDD, of course) I'm off to look up info for that one.

o

Nice bud builder. JEANNE DEAVER'S DREAM has a perfect opening even if you have to wait till 9am. CORAL MAJORITY is almost finished here. Lost alot of buds so the wrap up should be shortly.

Julia

o
RE: Julia

Julia - So sorry you've had bud drop on Coral Majority. I has bloomed for more than five weeks here.

Debra

o

I really like your Dust Be Diamonds seedling. So fresh and clean and all those buds don't hurt!!Ellie

o

WOW I love that JEANNE DEAVER'S DREAM, its gorgeous.They all beautiful, but,I love this first one.

jean

o

Jeanne Deaver's Dream is stunning !!!!
Linda

o

I like all four of them and your seedling is a serious bud builder! And Jeanne Deaver's Dream is gorgeous, wow. I like how the lighter eye or what would it be called is not round but repeats the shape of the petal, and the color is great

o
RE: nat

Nat - You are right about the watermark. It's more triangular than round in this photo. I don't know if it will regularly be like that. Trimmer's photo on his website has it looking pretty round.

Debra

o

Are you hybridizing with Jean Deaver? What would you cross it with?

o

Jeannie Deaver is a real beauty.
kay

o

Mantis - I did not hybridize with Jeanne Deaver this year. Next year I'd like to cross it with several of my purples and purple seedlings. I think one could also cross it lavenders, reds and pinks.

Debra

o

Its a marvelous one Debra! Love the colour!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here