Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Salute to the Red, White and Blue

shive
14 years ago

Happy Independence Day everyone. In the holiday spirit, I thought I would post some red, white and blue daylilies. This first set of three Moldovans is blooming today.

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

MUTTON JADE, a late blooming near white with peach tones.

ANCHORS AWEIGH, which has very blue tints here early in the A.M.

Debra

Comments (17)

• shive
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The next set of red, white and blue are newer dayliies with lots of bells and whistles.

VALENTINE GREETING, super scapes and super rebloom!

LAST SNOWFLAKE, looking great this morning again!

ASIAN FAIRY BLUEBIRD

• shive
    Original Author
    14 years ago

And what with a Shive post be without a spidery set.

WILD WOOKIE, looking very festive and patriotic.

TUXEDO JUNCTION

FREUDIAN SLIP - This one had the most incredible patterned eye this morning. I guess it's weather related. I normally has a very faint watermark.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    14 years ago

How beautiful are those. I sure like that picture of Anchors Away. What a beautiful color. And Valentine Greeting is another one with a gorgeous saturated color.

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

Great daylilies for fourth of July. I have red but the white and blue would be impossible for me.

• shive
    Original Author
    14 years ago

And here are few daylily fireworks from my back corner garden.

WAVES BECOME WINGS in the foreground with TECHNY PEACE, VICTORIAN DAYS and ELECTRIC MIST in back.

Here's part of the raised bed today.

Please feel free to add your own red, whites, blues and daylily fireworks to this thread.

Debra

• jean_ar
    14 years ago

Wow, they are all gorgeous.I just love that VALENTINE GREETING and of course LAST SNOWFLAKE. I have a Red but no white or blus.Love the ones in the back corner bed,and that raised bed is just fabuleous.,Thanks for sharing them.LOved it.

Jean

• katlynn719
    14 years ago

Happy 4th Debra! What a beautiful group of photos. I'm not even going to try to pick a favorite. I'm just going to oooooooh and ahhhhhhhh over your fireworks.
    Kathy

• shive
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for looking! Those of you without whites and blues need to get some.

Rita - Anchors Aweigh was bred in the north, and it had blue tones for Moldovsn in Ohio.

Debra

• jan53_2008
    14 years ago

Wow...what a set of pictures, shive! Thanks, no favorites, as they are all wonderful! Jan G.

• shive
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just to get in the spirit of things, here's an oldie called JULY FOUR.

Debra

• Waitforspring
    14 years ago

Gorgeous flowers. I just got Francis of Assisi and sure hope it's as pretty here as yours is. I have to work on adding more blues to my collection. I have quite a few reds and near whites, but none are blooming yet.
    Val

• drgulley
    14 years ago

They are all beautiful Debra. Very colorful and bright. They don't seem to mind your TN heat too much.

Dianne

• blondiesc
    14 years ago

Beautiful! And how appropiate - Thank you for sharing!

• shive
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dianne - It's been unseasonably cool here this week. I felt like I was in Michigan. Now it's starting to heat back up.

Debra

• shive
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Val - Francis of Assisi should do very well for you. Your post reminded me the name of that flower does not start with Saint. I always think of it as St. Francis when I look at the bloom.

Debra

• blue23rose
    14 years ago

Great idea for a post, Debra. Very creative and well thought out.

I also just bought Francis of Assisi this year and look forward to seeing it in bloom next year.

Love that clump shots!

Vickie

• shive
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Vickie - Francis of Assisi should perform very well in your zone. I really love the color on that one. I just wish it would set seed.

Debra

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting