Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Late July in the garden

Posted by shive 6b TN (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 13:59

I seem to have more daylilies blooming in late July than ever before. Wheel of Time and Jeanne Deaver's Dream just started blooming. Final Touch is building buds like it's never going to stop. I just found rebloom scapes on both late Trimmers, Lake Tahoe Autumn and Wild Apple Autumn. Royal Jester and Autumn Jewels still have lots of buds left, and three seedlings are reblooming.

Here's what's blooming today:

BLUSHED WITH EMERALD with its second round of rebloom.

ADRIENNE'S SURPRISE reblooming

MUSICAL MEDLEY with its last rebloom flower

REMEMBERING ROSE

MISS GOLDIE GOLD DIGGER

ROYAL JESTER

PATSY CLINE

Debra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Late July in the garden

ADRIENNE'S SURPRISE is very nice but the softness of MUSICAL MEDLEY caught my eye. You have so many nice blooms still going.

Julia

o

Thanks, Julia! Considering my daylilies started on May 7 this season, I'm surprised to have this many now.

Debra

o

Musical Medley is my fav here. You can barely make out the halo on it but it's sure pretty. I have 2 or 3 blooming now. That's all folks..La! Ellie

o

I just planted Royal Jester a month and a half ago so I won't be seeing any blooms this year but did get it because of the photos you've posted of it before. I love Blushed with Emerald too. Love the edges!

Celeste

o

Always love to see what is growing in your garden. Lots to like here. I think Musical Medley get my vote today. Avedon

o

Debra, you are doing very well with bloomers and rebloomers. Hurray!!!! PATSY CLINE just glows and always captures my attention. My favorite of this batch.

o

Beautiful late bloomers. My Royal Jester is blooming about 6 inches off the ground and isn't worth photographing. Patsy Cline and Blushed with Emerald (second rebloom!) are my picks.

o

You are doing great with the bloomers and rebloomers. Love BLUSHED WITH EMERALD, and PATSY CLINE,and my favorite one is ADRIENNE'S SURPRISE, so pretty.

jean

o

Nice late July blooms! My two very favorites are Patsy Cline and Blushed with Emerald.
Second round of rebloom!! Wow! That's great. And new scapes on both Autumns :)

o

Adreienne's Surprise is lovely, and so is Patsy Cline. So nice to have late blooms.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here