Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2012 Convention - more pictures- last installment!

Posted by floota 6/7 VA (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 14:04

I've just posted Part4 from this year's convention with lots of images. Hope you have a chance to visit! Link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2012 Convention, Part 4

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2012 Convention - more pictures- last installment!

Another great job, floota. I have gone through the photos several times, and I do like Blue Corn Moon, Aaron Brown, River Nile, and Carrick Wildon; my absolute favorite is Jan Zoo, what marvelous colors on that one. Sure would like to hear the story of its naming; speaking of which, most definitely different weirdest name must be Bellybutton Slipknots. Avedon

o

This image, taken at Ashwood last year, captures the color of But Wait There's More. Later blooms show a doubling effect as in this image and Floota's image. A color that carries across the garden.

o

Thanks for the pictures again! Aaron Brown is very beautiful, and Jan Zoo looks super, love it a lot.
Love the miniature train with plants and I've never heard or seen Chihuly glass (I don't even know how to say that :)), thanks for the tour!

o

Jan Zoo was a magnificent bloom! Loved it especially, but there were so many. It is always dangerous to look at yur posts Floota. I don't think there is ever a time I don't add to my wish list, and too often to my buy it now list.
kay

o

Thanks everyone. Mantis, I really appreciate your posting the image of But Wait There's More, as I'd worried the picture was mis-labeled. But my pic looks like what you posted instead of the registration image. Good to know it sometimes doubles. I actually like the later bloom picture better than the registration picture.

Best wishes,

Julie

PS The glass at the Consservatory was created by Dale Chihuly ( Che-hoo -ly is the closet way to say it phonetically.) One little dish of his on display was selling for something like $7800 a couple of years ago, so these huge glass sculptures have to be PRICELESS!

o

That's what I thought re pronounciation, thanks. Wow, expensive!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here