Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

More catchup pictures of my earlies

celeste/NH
9 years ago

This is Part 2 of what started up my daylily season the beginning of July. I still have tons of photos of what is blooming right now but it may take awhile to get them all caught up and posted. Thanks for looking!

Celeste

One of my favorite earlies is EARLY DAYS. This one is a vigorous plant with lots of blooms open every day for a long period of time, still going strong now. On cool mornings it opens darker.

This is it's typical coloration on hot days.....

COYOTE MOON is a cute early on tall scapes....

MARIETTA WARRIOR stands tall and brilliant in the garden. The blooms are huge, abundant and eyecatching from a distance. It has a great bud count this year and has been blooming nonstop with many open every day.

GENTLE ROSE is so beautiful and vigor & bud count here is exceptional.

SPACECOAST TINY PERFECTION looks good enough to eat!

CINNAMON SUNRISE

CHEDDAR CHEESE starts up early and blooms in clusters for me. Outstanding vigor and a color not to be missed.

VATICAN CITY, sensational color that my photo doesn't do justice to

BUBBLE YUMMIN' MAMA, huge blooms

this butterfly was enjoying the asiatics....

borders showcasing ROYAL TROPHY to the left....

Not sure if I like this one but it was a bonus. I have several that don't open well in my cooler climate and this is one of them. WESTBOURNE SULLED UP OL' POSSUM may be leaving here.
{{gwi:868692}}

SEVEN SEALS

PAWPRINTS ON MY HEART (in honor of Nemo and Lily who passed last summer)

GOLLIWOG, love both the plant and the name!

LEDGEWOOD'S FIRECRACKER, a sparse bloomer but it stays because of this....

FORSYTH FLYING DRAGON, just a huge happy bloom

CLAUDINE'S CHARM, there really isn't a prettier daylily anywhere in my opinion....

These pictures are just the 'tip of the iceberg' so I will have to find time in the next day or two to get more up. Thanks again for taking a peek!

Comments (10)

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

You have a wonderful clump of Seven Seals. Pawprints on My Heart has nice wavy ruffles. And that's a great picture of Golliwog too, proudly unfurled. Ledgewood Firecracker is weak here too. For the few flowers and short duration (wilts badly), I can't say it's worth it.

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    9 years ago

I like Pawprints on My Heart but Claudine's Charm - wow! All your blooms are marvelous, Celeste...
    ah, except for Mulbourne Sulled Up Ol Possom (what a name!) I'm with you on this one: Bleh.

• opnjmprs
    9 years ago

That clump shot of Seven Seals is amazing! And yes Claudine's Charm is absolutely gorgeous.

Linda

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

I have Coyote Moon too, and adore it - it's nice to see it in another garden. Gollywog looks funky, I like it! Claudine's Charm is stunning.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

WOWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Celeste; What a beautiful collection of blooms. ALL so beautiful.Course,I am with you on the one you said has to go, with a name like that,it would have to leave here, too.I love that EARLY DAYS its so pretty and bright..MARRIETTA WARRIOR is a beauty. I need that one, since I have Marrietta Surprise.. I think this is my first time to see VATICAN CITY and its gorgeous, too. as well as ROYAL TROPHY, but my absolute favorite is CLAUDINE'S CHARM, wow,I got to have that one.It probably wouldn't look that pretty here in this heat we have here, but,I want it anyway, maybe I would be lucky and its pretty anywhere.Thank you for sharing your beautiful gardens.I do so injoy looking at your photos.

jean

• Nancy
    9 years ago

I'm with Jean, WOWWWWWW!!! So many beautiful plants. My favorite may be Pawprints on my Heart, as much for the name as the flower though. I looked it up, yours is much prettier than the one I found. I can even see possiblities on WESTBOURNE SULLED UP OL' POSSUM , but what a name.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    9 years ago

All gorgeous but i agree about the possible compost victim. I really enjoy seeing the clumps and the daylilies with a little more of the garden in view. Looking forward to seeing more!

Sherry

• nat4b
    9 years ago

More beauties! Love the shot with the butterfly. Very nice clump of Seven Seals. I also like Early Days, Cheddar Cheese and Vatican City a lot! Very nice picture of Claudine's Charm.
    As for the possum, how old is it? It looks nicely open, just some spots from dew probably. You still have room right, maybe leave it to see if it improves? It has nice form and ruffles.

• shive
    9 years ago

What a gorgeous bunch of early bloomers. I especially liked Claudine's Charm, Marietta Warrior, and Bubble Yummin Mama.

Debra

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    9 years ago

THANK YOU to all who looked and commented! It is great to be back.
    I see that you all pretty much agree with me that Westbourne Sulled up Ol' Possum is meant for the compost pile...haha. Nat, this is it's second year and it was even uglier last year. It didn't even open up and all I could see was this ugly color inside. I don't like the color of it any better this year even though it did open somewhat. If anyone thinks it has potential and wants to rescue it let me know before fall when it is getting the boot. It was a bonus with two beautiful Westbournes and is planted with them and boy, does it look even uglier planted beside it's beautiful sisters!

Celeste