Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

Pics from today morning

nat4b
9 years ago

With one of the smallest collection here I have a hard time choosing
which ones to post. I really wonder how people with 300-600+
decide what are they gonna post :))

Wren's Song - best opening so far. This one is lovely and tall!

Same on this - not fully open but at least like this.
Nan's First Blush - shorter this year

Ruby Spider is having a good start of the season.
20 scapes on this one! If each has 10 buds it'll be a lot of blooms :)

Yellow Titan FFOs

Feathered Storm FFO

Lavender Heartthrob

Incendiary

Quiet Reflections

Tahitian Waterfall - FFO

Peace Beyond Understanding - FFO (love this one)

Trilithia FFO

And Joan Senior with its FFO - also down to one fan

Thanks for looking!

Comments (14)

• wallabear
    9 years ago

Wow! Beautiful!!

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

I have something in neighborhood of 350, and I just post what looks good to me or a favorite. Me personally, I post clumps a lot of the time because that is how so many of them bloom after start of the season. Ruby Spider is outstanding, and I really like Incendiary and Quiet Reflections.
    kay

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Peace Beyond Understanding is beautifully ruffled and shaded. I assume it has been fairly vigorous for you? I see it is out of tet Siloam Ralph Henry, which can be a slower grower. Quiet Reflections is striking, though probably the blue color saturation is partly the result of a low-light, early morning photo. (At least, my camera tends to "blue" a lot in the early morning.)

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

Beautiful! Ruby Spider and Yellow Titan are my favorites of this group.

• Nancy
    9 years ago

I always like Incendiary when I see it. Love the colors of Tahitian Waterfall, & Peace beyond Understanding is so perfect. I have several in that white/yellow edging color, & keep wanting more. I've always thought about getting Joan Senior, keep thinking I will find it at a local nursery since it is an oldie, but haven't yet.

• jkayd_il5
    9 years ago

I thought about getting Lavender Heartthrob before. Never did but I like it.

• nat4b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everybody!

Kay, that's the problem, sometimes they all look good to me :)

Mantis, PBU is somewhat of a slow grower and I really like that :)
    You are right about morning pics of Quiet Reflections. It is a darker red purple, but it is a Red purple (there are no purple purples in my yard ;))

Nancy, there are so many good whites and if I didn't already have it I wouldn't consider Joan Sr. Nothing special.

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Tahitian Waterfall opened really nicely for a FFO. Wren's Song has been blooming here too. It is always a decision on just what to post but I typically take pics of all of them just for my files.

Julia

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Great group of pics! Peace Beyond Understanding and Yellow Titan are right up my alley.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Oh I like Joan Senior. White is not one of my favorite colors in daylilies (or roses for that matter). But Joan is such a great grower/bloomer and is so close to true white that I like her alot. As of now she's the only pure white daylily I grow......Wren's Song and Incendiary catch my eye with Lavender heart throb also appealing to me. Nice group this.....Maryl

• Nancy
    9 years ago

Gentle Shepherd is about the whitest daylily that I grow, although I have several that are supposed to be white that have a prettier form. I'm just not impressed with Gentle Shepherd's blooming power. It just doesn't have that many blooms. Lots of people think a lot of Joan senior that I have thought about replacing Gentle Shepherd. I have Margo Reed Indeed, but I don't consider it white, more a cream compared to Gentle Shepherd. Have several ruffled ones, white with yellow edging, but they aren't pure white like Gentle Shepherd. I appreciate your opinion on Joan, if she really isn't that impressive I'll find something else. I wonder if the zone would make a difference though. I am closer to Maryl's zone, so I may still get it if I find it around here.

• opnjmprs
    9 years ago

I really like Incendiary and Peace Beyond Understanding. Like the looks of Joan Sr. too.

Linda

• nat4b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks again!

Julia, I do too! Sometimes I wonder if I should.. so many photos :)

Joan Sr - I got it in 2009 and since then it has only bloomed twice, in 2010 or 11 and right now. But maybe it's a zone thing.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

wow, you really got some beauties blooming.I like them all, almost, love that WREN'S SONG, that's a beauty, and RUBY SPIDER is a pretty one, too, even if it is odd form.Love that QUIET REFLECTIONS and ny f avorite of these,I think, hard to pick just one for a favorite, they are all gorgeous. I have INCENDIARY, too,and mine didn't bloom this year.it has bloomed twice in the last 3 years.

jean