Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

I'll never catch up but here's a start.....

celeste/NH
11 years ago

I am so far behind that even though I have hundreds of pics saved on my computer, only a measly few have been uploaded to Photobucket. My peak was last week but they're still going strong, with some of the later ones making their first appearances and some that are barely pushing up scapes. This means that if you stick around I will have photos to share well into winter. I can't believe how many daylilies I have acquired in so short a time! And how much work I've gotten myself into, but really, I love it. I just need about 8 more hours added to each day! My mom has gotten progressively worse with the Alzheimers so her care is more demanding now but when she's napping or hubby's home I am out in the garden trying to keep up. The japanese beetles have pretty much destroyed my beautiful roses but the daylilies and lilies are a sight to see. I am so thankful I found DAYLILIES and all of you!

Celeste

Let me start off with one of the first of my daylilies to bloom and she's still going, 4 weeks later....

EARLY DAYS....

in her raised wooden planter bed....

a knock-your-socks-off orange, VENUS'S FIRE....

ASTRAL VOYAGER....

CASTLE CAMELOT...

VEINS OF TRUTH...

ELEANOR LOUISE...

DESERT ICICLE...

ROCKET CITY...

CAT DANCER....

RED VOLUNTEER...

MINT MARK....

SPIRITUAL CORRIDOR....

Scheherazade lily towers over everything...

The very fragrant CONCA D'OR lily perfumes the entire yard...

PERLE D'AZUR clematis....

NIOBE clematis....

The villains of my garden, japanese beetles....doing their annual damage....

Comments (10)

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Lovely, lovely, all so lovely. You have outstandingly beautiful daylilies, my head just swims at all the colors and forms. So, it's the usual, love them all, but I must mention the clump shot of Rocket City, that's a beaut! Cat Dancer will always be a winner to me. Ugly, ugly, ugly Japanese beetles, wish there were no such things to destroy all our plants.
    Your lilies are a treat to the eyes, our Scherezade was supposed to look like yours, but the lack of water kept it low. Conca d'Or is marvelous, and so are your clematis, two stunning photos.
    Sorry to hear your mother is worse, wish there were something like a cure just around the corner, but maybe some day. Always send best wishes to you and your family, and I'll be looking forward to your next post. Avedon

• mizellie
    11 years ago

I love Rocket City and Cat Dancer. My favorite is Spiritual Corridor. I keep inhaling, trying to smell the lilies. LOL! If I could smell them, I would also smell the JB"s since I can smell them when the arrive here! Poor Roses and horrible beetles. The Clamatis are gorgeous.
    So sorry your Mom is wrose. It's a horrible disease for you both. God Bless and keep her in his care!...Ellie

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Astral Voyager is my fave, followed by Castle Camelot. Perl d'Azur is so well sited on the garden arch. Some complain that it doesn't bloom well near the ground, but that would not be a problem with your siting. Marvelous lilium too. I do believe I could have done without the second close-up of the beetles.

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Beautiful pics, all except the last two of the voracious monsters. I really like Eleanor Louise and Castle Camelot. the clematis are lovely too.
    kay

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

WOW CELESTE. I am not even going to try to pick a favorite out of these as it would be a losing battle,They are all so beautful and I like them all.The LILIes are gorgeous, too,and so is the Clematis.All your blooms are exceptionally pretty. well, now,I was curious as to what the beetles looks like and now i think they are really ugly things.Have never seen any thing here like that,and hope I never do. So sorry to hear about your mom.Thats such a dreadful disease.Mat God be with you and your mom and all the family and help you get through all the Heartaches.

Jean

Jean

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

I gravitate toward the brightest - love Castle Camelot - that's my fave! Early Days is terribly pretty. But your clematis are stunning - I so wish we could grow them here. I've heard forum members talk about Japanese beetles, but have never seen them. Yikes! They are vicious, ugly looking things. Is there nothing that will repel them?

Nancy

• shive
    11 years ago

Celeste - You have some outstanding clumps going there, particularly Rocket City and Spiritual Corridor. I really love your Venus's Fire too. Yours is darker in color than mine is, but just as lovely. I don't think photos fully capture how wonderful the color is on VF. Castle Camelot and Desert Icicle caught my eye too. Your lilies and clematis are gorgeous also.

Hang in there with your mom. I know how difficult it is to care for an Alzheimer's parent. I went through it with my dad. Be sure to give yourself some breaks, even it they're small.

Debra

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    11 years ago

THANKS for the comments everyone. Sorry I threw in those ugly pics of the beetles (hope you didn't lose your lunch) but I was aware that some of our forum friends have never seen them. So it was an educational post...LOL.

Take care everyone & hope you are all having a great weekend.

Celeste

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

First off, I don't know how you manage all that you do. The garden alone or care for your mom and grandson are full time jobs each in itself.

Lilies and clematis are beautiful and Japanese Beetles so horrid!

Favorite daylily today is CASTLE CAMELOT but all of them are lovely!!

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Your daylilies are looking gorgeous I don't have a clear cut favorite. I'm so sorry about your roses I always looked forward to seeing your photos of them. I just don't know how you do it all I think we all need to call you super woman. Little Boy says Hi! to his brother Fat Cat Nemo.
    Linda