Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantis__oh

More Raindrops and Flowers

mantis__oh
10 years ago

It would be nice to get a day when blooms were not ruined by raindrops. But again, I'll take this to drought any day.

FFO CATASTROPHE WAITRESS (actually it was the second one) Great color:

CREOLE CAVALIER with KING KAHUNA looking on

KANSAS CITY KICKER

WILD RED HEART Hope it performs well

TWO TIMES TARTY Such clear colors. Really enjoying this one. Great job, Floyd.

KING KAHUNA Blooming under the foliage, but flowers are still prominent.

NILE PLUM Still turns heads after all these years:

NIGHT WINGS Talk about being an oldtimer

WORLDS COLLIDE Picture may flatter reality. Will see in the future about substance.

POINT OF DIVERGENCE Remarkable clarity and saturation of color:

SURPRISING ANOMALY with JERSEY GIRL

LONGSTOCKING

ROSE FEVER

LAVENDER DUSK

PLEASE SAY YES with WATCHING YOU in background

COSMIC TRAVELER with ETHEL BUCCOLA Two great performers.

BANANA CREME BEAUTY

Comments (14)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow, some beauties today, love

all of them, especially that ourple one, sopretty.

jean

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Yea, you got your ffo from Catastrophe Waitress! Wait until you see a few blooms after some heat -- the colors change every day, and the watermark can become more peachy almond.

You have a lot to love here. Wild Red Heart is probably my favorite of the rest. Hope it thrives for you. Banana Crème Beauty deserves honorable mention.

• shive
    10 years ago

How does the Worlds Collide photo flatter reality. Is it not as pink as it seems in the picture? My favorite photo is of Surprising Anomaly and Jersey Girl. What color would you say Catastophe Waitress is? It looks sort of mauve on my screen.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Wow. Beautiful and extra beautiful. I choose LAVENDER DUSK and CATASTROPHE WAITRESS as my favorites.

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, Catastrophe Waitress is sort of a wine mauve with orange eyezone shadings blending in. Hanson calls it strawberry rose I believe. I noticed this afternoon it is sort of wilted, but that often happens after a morning rain followed by sun. Worlds Collide is not so bright as the pic, and the substance was poor this morning. It is new, so I cannot say more. My Black Falcon Ritual is blooming with darker blooms now. So weather can cause variance (but not as much variance as do different cameras and light exposures).

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Lots of pretties! Two Times Tarty and Cosmic Traveler are my favorites.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Everyone who grows ETHEL BUCCOLA appear to have a good bloom. How tall does it get in your garden?

Julia

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ethel's about the height of Cosmic Traveler--around 25'', though Cosmic Traveler on rebloom I've seen taller.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Well Mantis you have a lot of very pretty blooms today. I always like Cosmic Traveler and it ans Ethel Buccola make a lovely pair.
    Kansas City Kicker has been really good in my garden this year; an excellent plant. Catastrophe Waitress is very striking, I like it.

Wild Red Heart is very pretty. Lavender dusk looks soft and delicate. But I think Two Times Tarty is my favorite. I really like the edge on it.
    kay

• lalalandwi
    10 years ago

Who cares if Night Wings is an old timer, we'll all be there 1 day, LOL! Holy toledo is what comes to mind when I see it! Does it perform well? That seems to be the only difference in the old timers vs the new; hybridizing for better performance. Let me know.

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lala: Some of us are already there (oldtimers). Night Wings grows reasonably well, has fairly mediocre bud count, but that dark color holds well.

• lalalandwi
    10 years ago

Hey, I might be an old timer in denial, LOL! I dunno know. Thank you for the info. Mediocre bud count is fine as you can always hybridize for better. The best point It holds it's color :) It did just as well up there for you in OH with the drought & the heat last summer?

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LaLa: Night Wings did well last year. We did not have the dryness experienced by northern Ohio, however. It was damned hot, though! (Night Wings could stand to have more scapes; the foliage is nicely mounded.)

• deangreen
    10 years ago

nile plum gets my vote. ha... but I sure like the nam eon catastrophe waitress