Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximus7116

Two Pastels

maximus7116
11 years ago

My last daylily to bloom here is always Blossom Queen, and that held true this year (with Gangster of Love in the background):

This is my "preview" bloom from Curt Hanson's Chateau Belair, planted this spring:

Chris

Comments (17)

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

Blossom Queen is my favorite, great color! I like the deeper pink color on the edges. Marg

• bigack
    11 years ago

Oh, pretty, love the pinks!!

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

I like both daylilies but the grouping in the first picture with the blue flower and Gangster in Love in the background as well as the raindrops on the daylily looks so fresh and cool on a hot dry summer day. Very nice.....Maryl

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Is the pic of Chateau true to color? Curt describes it as lilac chiffon; it looks pink to me in the pic.

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Blossom Queen is so pretty, are those rain drops? :)
    Chateau Belair has lovely colors.
    I wonder if my June ones are going to send a scape too

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you and, yes, we finally got a little rain overnight. A little too late for the bloom season, but welcome nevertheless.

Mantis, the photo was taken in bright morning sun, so it looks a little washed out. I guess it's a cross between lavender and pink. Let's call it lavender chiffon.

• shive
    11 years ago

Blossom Queen is so pretty, especially with the raindrops. Chateau Belair is very nice too!

Debra

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Regardless, Chateau is beautiful--seems radiant for a pastel.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Blossom Queen is very striking. We didn't get thunderstorms yesterday as they warned but today, we had showers which they didn't predict. I think the meteorologists on our local station need to go back to school for a refresher course.
    Glad to see your getting rain.

Julia

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Both of them are lovely, Chris.
    kay

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Sure do like the first one.gorgeous bloom.

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Wow, what a beautiful daylily and such a great picture.

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

Blossom Queen is gorgeous. Love the soft colors and graceful look--and it's late.
    Val

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Both are gorgeous and co favorites.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

These are beautiful--love those edge--no eye daylilies. Chateau does show up pale lilac to me. What is the purple plant on the fence, looks very interesting. Avedon

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks again! Blossom Queen is always welcome when it blooms so late in the season.

Avedon, the purple plant is ordinary garden phlox, but I don't remember the variety. This one didn't develop the mildew that hit so many of the phlox earlier this year.

• mizellie
    11 years ago

You know me Chris, I love them both because they're pink. However I think Blossom Queen is a honey. So delicate and dainty with the soft colors...Elle