newyorkrita

Monday 4th of July Bloomers

newyorkrita
12 years ago

Bordello Queen by Melanie Mason

Barney had just hugh flowers today.

Celebration Of Angels

Kwanza Gold

Lord Trickster with Mahagony Belle in the back.

Lunar Empire

Lyricall Ballad

Normans Folly

Rocks Cry Out with a paler version today.

Westbourne Butterfly Season

Purple Maze

Comments (16)

• shive
    12 years ago

I love all the nice group shots. It looks like everything is multiplying well for you. My favorites are the stunning purple BARNEY and that spectacular patterned-eyed Purple Maze. In fact, I'd love to see those two planted together.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Debra- Purple Maze has been absolutly astounding this year. All the blooms are perfect and you know I have posted many of them because they just look so good. Barney always looks great but out did himself today. Unfortunately, they are not anywhere near each other. Barney is in the Terraces and Purple maze out front.

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

I also really like Barney! There really are so many amazing knee-jerk I love Rocks Cry Out- is it usually a deeper orange?

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, Rocks Cry Out has been blooming with much more dark orange showing. I actually just love todays version as one can really see all the color blends going on in this daylily.

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

Rocks Cry Out and Barney are my picks for today. Both are stunning.
    Val

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

Just when I think they can't get any better, you post more. I love the photo of Barney, and Rocks Cry Out and Purple Maze really do stand out. Avedon

• bluenosens
    12 years ago

Wonderful saturation and clarity of colour. I love them all but Barney [is that a Benz?), And Rocks Cry Out, are stunning. cheers, lloyd

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, everyone.

Lloyd, yes, Barney is a Bentz intro.

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

WOW,RITA.That BARNEY is really gorgeous, today.But, hes always gorgeous, but looks bigger today.BORDELLO QUEEN is very pretty, too.CELEBRATION OF ANGELS always looks good.
    LUNAR EMPIRE is really pretty, too. Is it a new one? well, you know that BARNEY is always my favorite bloom.

Jean

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jean- Lunar Empire is a 2010 intro I planted last spring.

• nat4b
    12 years ago

Barney is fantastic! Love Lunar Empire and fancy Rocks Cry Out a lot!

• celeste/NH
    12 years ago

WOW!!! You sure made some fireworks of your own with these lovely picks. I have to say I love each and every one! But the ones which really stood out for me and went immediately onto my wish list were: Rocks Cry Out, Normans Folly and W. Butterfly Season (again you just had to tempt me with that one!). As always, beautiful, beautiful pictures of wonderful daylilies!

Celeste

• houstmag
    12 years ago

Wonderful blooms for the fourth I really like Rocks Cry Out, Norman's Folly and also W. Butterfly Season I agree with Celeste they may have to go on my wish list.
    Linda

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

REally Beautiful! I can't decide if I like Rocks Cry Out or Westbourne's Butterfly Season the best. You have so many beauties, but those are the one that "trip my switch".
    kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks guys! You know I love it when I get people to add to their must have it list :-) And really there are hybridizers I feel should be lots more well known. I think after years of my posting my Korth and Westbourne intros, people here have had to notice these two fabulous hybridizers.

• Nancy
    12 years ago

All are lovely, but those last 3 are insanely gorgeous.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner