Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunny Sunday

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 14, 13 at 14:19

We had two days of cooler weather and now summer is back again today.

Diamond Executive
 photo diamondexec_zpsfcb6bc30.jpg

Watermelon Luminosity
 photo watermellon_zps5bb87be5.jpg

Clarity Of Vision
 photo clarityofvision_zps8e7b5c73.jpg

Elijahs Taxi
 photo elijahstaxi_zps94f443cb.jpg

Picked these green beans, peppers, eggplants and a zucchini for stir fry tonight.
 photo everything_zps6b328c6d.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunny Sunday

I know when I open up your posts there will always be bright ones in there. I love Watermelon Luminosity and am jealous, as always, of your vegetable gardening prowess.

o

I like Watermelon Luminosity and Elijah's Taxi. The veggies look delicious.
kay

o

Okay, I am ready for stir-fry, just need a jet to get there--LOL!! Lots of pretty daylilies here especially Watermelon Luminosity. Avedon

o

Watermelon Luminosity is a feast for the eyes, really nice! Stir-fry would be good, your veggies look very nice for it. I was having an abundance of cucumbers. Bought some bush cucumber plants this spring in a 4 pack, each section must have had 3 plants. I can't find it in myself to cull, so I divided them out & planted them all. Way more cucumbers than I can eat & DH loathes anything resembling healthy. I canned pickles, made dill yesterday & bread & butter today. Keeping my fingers crossed that they will turn out ok. Supposed to wait a while before eating. Hopefully I can keep up with the cucumbers for a while now.

o

oh what beauties them daylilies are, love that second one. the veggies look good, too. whats the 2 light colored ones on other side of that purple eggplant?
jean. I just got finished eating one of my cucumbers awhile ago.I have gotten a bunch of cukes, just off 5 plants.and tomatoes, too.Have to quit eating tomatoes for awhile. too much acid in them, made my mouth sore, so have to leave them a lone for a few days

jean

o

Jean next to and on top of the purple eggplant are two white eggplants. Under that purple eggplant is the zucchini. This type is a very light green.

Am cooking now and dinner smells delicious!

o

The arrangement of veggies is my pick--different colors, shapes, and textures. Of course, not to snub some very fine hems.

o

Veggies look great. My fav. of the daylilies is Watermelon Luman. Glad you are having sun. It has rained every day here for at least 2 weeks. We need a few sunny days.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 14, 13 at 18:43

My DH decided to grow eggplant this year, even though niether of us is crazy about it. I think he thought homegrown would be different. It's not. But in an arrangement of vegetables its color is beautiful.....Like everyone else I have to go with the glowing color of Watermelons Luminosity. Speaking of Watermelon....yum. Think I'll have some of that tonight......Maryl

o

Your veggies are looking good! Let us know how those white eggplants taste. I harvested my first cherry tomatoes today. We're having them on salad tonight. Watermelon Luminosity is my favorite of the daylilies because of its wonderful color. I like the triangular eye on Elijah's Taxi, and the Diamond Executive group shines against the fence.

Debra

o

Honestly I am not sure I can taste the difference between the white eggplant and that purple one.

I cut up the veggies and then was thinking. This is the first time I have had eggplant from my garden. So instead of stir fry I added marinara sauce to the pan until I had enough to coat everything. Then I covered and simmered at a low heat until tender. Just tasted a piece of eggplant. Oh yummy!

Time for dinner! :biggrin: :thumbsup:

o

Watermelon Luminosity is my favorite. Just love it when you post pics of it. Stir fry is a favorite here.

My eggplants are still small here but they are growing. Broccoli has good size heads, peppers are almost ready to pick. I can't wait to eat my first tomato sandwich :-) I'm starting to harvest the cherry tomatoes for our salads. I also did the San Marzano ones to make sauce in the fall.

Julia

o

I have cherry tomatoes too but am so wanting those regular sized ones to be ready.

o

Oh man, Watermelon Luminosity is amazing. My peppers and veggies aren't quite ripe yet but it looks like your stir-fry is off to a good start!

o

that first pic just shines! very nice

o

I hope you enjoyed your stir fry though how you couldn't with those great looking veggies is beyond me, by the way your DL's are pretty great to.
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here