Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annettemb_gw

Hot pink daylily

annettemb
16 years ago

Does anyone know of any hot pink daylilies? I'd like it to be the hot pink color on a '70's blacklight poster. I looked at NEON FLAMINGO(Gossard); it's the right color but that's a little too expensive for my pocketbook.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gossard intros

Comments (10)

• okbt
    16 years ago

The best thing for you to do is to go to all of the dayliliy growers that you can and see the plants bloom in person.Photos don't always show the true color,and what they think is hot,neon pink, you may not.That is gorgeous,if that is how it truely looks.I have been disappointed by color many times.

Betsy

• mizellie
    16 years ago

How about Pink Panoply. Some folks don't like her but this year she was really pretty in my garden...Ellie

{{gwi:672620}}

• tjhemmer
    16 years ago

I agree with Besty. The best thing to do is see it gromwing. Even then be prepared to be disapointed. The soil and weather can give you a different color. I like to see a plant, before I buy it.

Here's 4 that I shot this year, but I don't think you'll find a description on any of them as bright pink or hot pink and of course none of them are like the spider you are looking at.

Sweetheart Pink
    {{gwi:869869}}

Lady of Quality
    {{gwi:869871}}

Enon
    {{gwi:869873}}

Always Tomorrow
    {{gwi:671999}}

Tom

• annettemb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you to all who posted replies. Those are beautiful cultivars with lovely clear colors.
    Annette

• sharons2
    16 years ago

The picture of Sweetheart Pink above is really beautiful, but when I searched the web for additional pictures, the only other one I could find wasn't nearly so nice. It looks a lot more yellow-toned with small yellow spots on the petals as well. Which look would I be more likely to get?

Thanks,
    Sharon

{{gwi:869874}}

• unknownsir
    16 years ago

for me the brightest pink i have is Setting Pink Sun. it is a bubble gum pink, very clear and bright
    sherm

• tjhemmer
    16 years ago

Can't tell you for sure. Here is the only other picture I have of Sweetheart Pink.

{{gwi:869875}}

It isn't one of my favorites as it is short and doesn't rebloom.

For a camera color comparison if you are familiar with it is a picture of Chance Encounter which is desccriibed as a Raspberry Rose

Chance Encounter
    {{gwi:869876}}

I have notice difference in color that I pick from a growers garden and the one that shows up in my yard. Colors vary.

Tom

• sharons2
    16 years ago

I'm not familiar with Chance Encounter, Tom; but it's on my wish list. After looking at your comparisons, though; I shall have to try Sweetheart Pink.

I couldn't find a picture of Setting Pink Sun anywhere on the web at all, but it sounds intriguing.

Thanks,
    Sharon

• jkunkel
    16 years ago

Victoria Grace is a nice one, stunning in a clump. Very bright. -Jessica
    {{gwi:840482}}

• mizellie
    16 years ago

Sharon, maybe I am blind but it seems to me that what is on the petal is drifting pollen... Hey, I was wrong once or twice....Ellie

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
DC Area's Award-Winning Interior Designer | 12x Best of Houzz