Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

I've got a lot of catching up to do!

celeste/NH
10 years ago

It is just a little past peak here and I have over 300 photos taken already that I haven't had time to share. It's so much work to upload onto Photobucket and then post here and there's so much garden work & other responsibilities demanding so much of me. I do know that I wouldn't even have time to post today except for the fact that I injured myself and now I can't do anything in the way of garden work. I woke up 4 days ago unable to get out of bed because I couldn't move my head or neck.....excruciating pain and stiffness which I attribute to sleeping wrong. I can't turn my head in either direction, look up or down....my muscles are locked up. UGH. And talk about a headache! So I am finally going to get some pictures up here since at least I can look straight ahead at the monitor.

It's peak here and I'm overloaded with photos which should be enough to last several more months! Here's a start.

Celeste

BUBBLE YUMMIN' MAMA

CINNAMON SUNRSE

ASIATIC LILIES

{{gwi:870119}}

WILD ONE

JERRY HYATT

MINGO MAGIC

OPEN HEARTH

LITTLE FLOCK

BELA LUGOSI

RICTER (thanks Debra!)

SPIRIT FOX

SPIRIT FOX, up close:

TIP OF THE ICEBERG

ENTRAPMENT

SILOAM ETHEL SMITH

LOTS MORE TO COME!!!

Comments (9)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Well I am sorry about that injury. That is a painful area for sure. Bubble Yummin Momma is a beauty, I love Open Hearth, and Spirit Fox is my kind of bloom for sure.
    The Asiatics are always gorgeous. I hope you feel better soon.
    kay

• sglobig
    10 years ago

Bubble Yummin' Mama looks a lot like Hush Little Baby! I love the polytepal on Open Hearth. You take beautiful pictures with real depth of color. Awesome! Sharon

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

well, I had my reply all wrote, then gardenweb stops working and closes the program before I could even click on review, so lost it all.JERRY HYATT is a beauty, and I just love BUBBLE YUMMIN' MAMA .That is so pretty. gorgeous.CINNAMON SUNRSE is another beauty, too. love them lilies. I always look forward to see photos of your beautiful lilies.RICTER is a beauty, too, Love the round pinks like that one. and also SPIRIT FOX is a beauty. and I almost for Tip of the iceburg. so pretty that is.
    Celeste, I do hope you are all better by morning. I have had that same thing before myself and know how very painful it is. not much helps either, just has to pretty much wear off,altho,I use to put how towels on my neck and it helped a little temporary.

jean

• growgirl
    10 years ago

Oh those lilies are fabulous! As are ALL the daylilies too. My favorite is Spirit Fox. Going to look that one up right now :) I sure hope you are feeling better soon.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Apart from your host of bright Asiatics, my eye is drawn to Spirit Fox, the intensity of which I have seen in my own garden.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Celeste; Is that a real bird or a little statue you put there on that birdbath in the background of .OPEN HEARTH it is so pretty and I wish I could see the whole bird. we don't have any like that here,and I am a bird lover, too.I use to raise all kinds of domestic birds.canaries, finches of all kinds and cockateils.

jean

• shive
    10 years ago

I hope you feel better soon, Celeste. The same thing happened to me once, and it took six weeks of chiropractic treatments to straighten it out. My chiropractor thought stress was the culprit. Ricter is looking so pretty for you! It has a darker pink color in you. The others that stand out for me are Bela Lugosi and Wild One. The Asiatic lilies are gorgeous!

Debra

• houstmag
    10 years ago

OH WOW!!!! Celeste what a super stunning group of DL's and Asiatic lilies. I'm hard pressed to pick a favorite but I think Entrapment might be it I just love the colors. I hope you get better soon.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Celeste, so sorry you have had that trouble with your neck, it is very painful and takes time to get over. Here's hoping you feel better in a few days. Your photos are gorgeous, as always, and so difficult to pick favorites. It's really better to go for everything, since everything is beautiful. Of course, you know I like whites, so I must say I am taken by Tip Of The Iceberg, and in contrast, Cinnamon Sunrise, and Wild One and Spirit Fox can't be overlooked, super clump shot of that one. Bela Lugosi and Entrapment are purplelicious, for sure!! Looking forward to more of these pics when you have time and feel up to it. Avedon