Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Friday Part Two Everything Else From Today

newyorkrita
12 years ago

This is part two of my Friday picture taking. I am late today due to dead camera batteries. Had to go pick up more. So only afew of my shots were in the morning as usual, the rest in the afternoon and much harsher light.

Backyard.

Grants Play

Classic Edge

Torrent (Paul Owen intro) with lilies.

Winning Note trio

Hawaiian Dancer

La Petit Sabetour

I have these off white lilies in a few spots around the garden but they have NO ID.

Silk Road Lilies

Orange Butterfly Weed. Ellie, I remember you had the fancy yellow butterfly weed but all I have is the common orange that recently started blooming.

Comments (12)

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Love those off-white lilies, as well as Torrent- the reds are a unique hue on that one!

• shive
    12 years ago

The garden shot is wonderful! Hawaiian Dancer is my favorite again! I'm really liking that one a lot.

Debra

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

Hello, Rita, enjoy your post and pics. I just wanted to make a comment about the Silk Road orienpet lily. We have this one, too, and it is wonderful with that fragrance. Ours is nearly bloomed out now, so I enjoyed your photo. Avedon

• katladie
    12 years ago

Love Winning Note. Classic Edge is my husbands favorite daylily, your picture is great. Gotta try the butterfly weed again. Yours is lovely.

Sharon

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

cracking- I just really liked the way Torent looked today there blooming along with the dark red lily.

Debra- Hawaiian Dancer is an older Korth daylily that I had to wait to get from Phil but I really wanted it as I just loved the picture.
    Avedon- I have had the Silk Roads for the third year now and they just keep getting better each year. Love them!

Sharon- Classic Edge is a great daylily. Wonderful bloomer and I do think it is so pretty. Glad your hubby agrees :-)

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

Some more beauties today.Love GRANTS PLAY. and CLASSIC EDGE.Love the looks of that purple looking lily, Trumpet? its very pretty. I am so tired that I can't think any more for today :) my Norton's Virus protection runs out tomorrow,and I bought a new one last week to put in.I have worked with the thing all evening trying to get it in the pc and it seems as tho its not in, so I tried to uninstall the old one and then install my new one,and it wont un install either.So need a good nights sleep to get rested up.Did not sleep last night, again, awake all night, till 6am, then slept about 3 hrs.Oh well, one of them days again.I dug up BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS ,I guess it was last week,and today,I see new leaves coming up, so that is encourageing.So, yesterday evening just before dark,I went out and dug up BIG YELLOW TAXI and my VICTORIAN LACE, and I hope they will make it now, too.

Jean

• Cindy zone 6a
    12 years ago

Your garden is coming alive! What a great view of your daylilies. The huge lily ( looks like an oriental lily) is nice, must be fragrant? I have always liked Classic Edge. cindy

• houstmag
    12 years ago

Torrent and Winning Note are my favorites though it was almost impossible to pick. Rita I'm amazed at how much you have achieved in your garden since 2007 it's a showplace.
    Linda

• timberohio
    12 years ago

Your backyard is beautiful. Love Toreent and good to see the Orientals blooming. Hopefully mine will start blooming soon. Hubby wants to plant some Orange Butterfly weed. I'm a little hesitant. Is it slow to take over or does it run rampant and need to be controlled?

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Avedon- I love the Silk Road lilies. They just keep getting better every year.

Jean- I am glad you are able to save the ailing daylilies by potting them.

Cidy- That big lily is Silk Road and it is very fragrant. Pretty too!

Linda- I started my gardens way before 2007. In fact I started in 2001. But I first did my shrub borders and fruiting things. Later when I was ready for flowers I started in roses. Had roses before the daylily crazies. So it was only the daylily crazies I started with in 2007.

Andrea- The Butterfly Weed is very well behaved. Stays put and never a bother. Plus I think it is so pretty.

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Your backyard is beautiful, Rita. I really like Winning Note & Hawaiian Dancer, and the lilies are beautiful. My dad always loved the orange butterfly weed, that is why I have a couple of patches of it. Well, for Dad's memory & the butterflies. I had the yellow variety, but was spraying a vine that I thought was poison ivy & apparently the spray hit some of my plants.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nancy-I have both the Butterfly Weed and the Milkweed. I used to have both white flowered and the pink flowered Milkweed but I think I only have a big patch of pink flowered ones left.

Thanks, when the daylilies flower the backyard really is stunning even if I do say so myself. So much color everywhere.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH