Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jjof

Blooms and Pets - Friday

JJOF
11 years ago

Some of you have asked me to post pictures of my pets again like I did last year so I've included some I took last night along with today's blooms. Enjoy!

Jake with the daylily JACOB. I bought it because it was his namesake.

Emma

BRILLIANT CIRCLE was looking good today.

BRIGHT TOMORROW

Some of you will remember that I dug a new garden behind my garage last year. Here it is now, starting to fill in a little more.

A couple of roses:

Rainbow Niagra

Double Delight

Jake having a rest inside after being outside in the garden with me

Jason

Comments (17)

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Thank you, Jason, for your wonderful photos. That first one of Jake and his namesake DL is too sweet. Then, there is pretty Emma, all fat and fluffy. I like Brilliant Circle and Bright Tomorrow and the shot of your DL bed--I do remember that from last year. It is looking good. Love the rose Double Delight, used to grow that one years ago--marvelous fragrance. Avedon

• polymerous
    11 years ago

Jake *swoon* what a beautiful dog!

I agree with Avedon - both on the sweetness of the first photo, and also on the rose 'Double Delight'. I have grown that rose for years, both for its looks and its fragrance.

(I have to say, though, that your photo doesn't look my rose - which is rose on the edge shading to cream on the inside. (Yours looks like more of a rose self?))

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

About Double Delight--I remember when there were times the red rose color would overtake the entire flower, so I think this is Double Delight. Is that what happened here? Avedon

• JJOF
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Avedon - Yep!

Polymerous - The bloom is nearing the end. It always starts out the way yours does but just before it drops its petals, this is what mine looks like.

Jason

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Love JACOB, both the bloom AND the dog. and love BRILLIANT CIRCLE , ttoo.The garden behind the garage is looking really nice. EMMA is adorable. so pretty. The roses are great, too. LOVe DOUBLE DELIGHT. one of my favorie roses.Don't know anything about the other rose, but,I like it.

jean

• shive
    11 years ago

It's good to see your pets in the photos. I love the one with Jake and Jacob! Your roses are really pretty too!

Debra

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Yes, I do remember the digging of the new garden. It looks great!!! Poor Jake, so tired after all the garden work. He really is a beautiful dog. And boy did I smile when I saw Emma. What a fluff ball she is.

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

I love Jake and Jacob. I remember the garden, and it is looking great. Can't help it, Emma is my favorite. I have three boy cats that look like her family members, especially Catman. Beautiful girl! Brilliant Circle and the roses are lovely, but can't hold a candle to Emma.
    kay

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Love the looks of Jake. He looks so sweet and Emma looks fat and sassy. I think the flwer bed behind the garage is looking great. I like Brilliant Circle and that's my fav..Ellie

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Jake seems so content lying on the carpet. And what a clean carpet--close to the color of his coat. He's a darling and obviously spoiled.

• lisa_3
    11 years ago

What is Jake? He looks just like my Manda-we were told by the rescue group she was a shepherd/husky mix-but I think there's something else in there. She has a purple tongue. lol

• JJOF
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lisa - Your Manda is beautiful! Such a pretty girl! Jake is part Golden Retriever and part Collie. I adopted Jake from the Humane Society when he was 3 months old. He's now 12 years old.

Thank-you to all for your kind comments on the pets and the flowers! You all really brighten my day!
    Jason

• JJOF
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lisa - P.S. I love the pink on Manda's nose. It looks like a little pink heart!
    Jason

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

Brilliant Circle is definitely looking good but, once again, the animal photos are the best. Emma looks like a very happy girl, but the Jake photos are the best. We lost our German Shepherd a few months ago, so I'm definitely in a "dog mood" these days. We still have seven cats, but they don't take the place of our dog. Kudos to you for adopting Jake (and the cats).

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Jake is really handsome! Emma is very pretty. Looks very similar to my cat, except Emma looks very friendly & happy.
    Mine-her temperament matches that expression

Brilliant Circle is gorgeous, love your roses too.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

The daylily Brillian Circle is brilliant. Good photo of it. Now that we got the plant out of the way....How great are all the animals on this post? That really is a sweet snap of Jake and his namesake. From the look of his coat I'd say he's had a good life with you. And your kitty is obviously being nourished with love (and a few other things as well). Manda does look a bit like Jake and is another sweetheart (the heart on her nose), and I laughed out loud at the picture of ngrahams cat. Now there's a cat with an attitude - lol..........Maryl

• JJOF
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ngraham - I love that picture of your cat! Hilarious! Now that's personality!
    Jason