Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Monday Part One, My New Improved Front Yard View

newyorkrita
11 years ago

Going to do two posts today, this is the first one showing my improved views and some front yard blooming daylilies.

After last Wednesdays storm the view down to the water from my front porch improved dramaticly. I could always see glimpses of the water. But four trees came down in my line of sight and now I can see all the way down to the beach in the park really nicely. I sit out on my porch and can't believe how good it all looks.

The first tree that came down was directly accross the street on the other side of the fence to the parking lot. Then in the park side another went down along the fenceline and two others going down to the water.

First picture includes my front yard and is what you see sitting on the porch.

Second picture zooms in so you can just see the top of the fence across the street. Tree went down right in there and really opened up the view.

Zooming and really looking at the old bathing pavellions and the water and the fishing jetty.

Better Late Than Never in the front yard.

Front yard CAKE PLATE.

Crerry Cream Pie next to it.

Olallie All Summer in another front yard section.

VT LATE GREEN THROAT next to it.

Remember how pretty the driveway side slope looked with all the daylilies in bloom? Well they are totally done now. Bummer.

Comments (14)

• shive
    11 years ago

Wow! What a great view of the water! I assume that's ocean water. Your lates are looking great. Cherry Cream Pie is my favorite.

Debra

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Everything looks good to me,wonderful garden views, beautiful flowers and you also get to have the water, too. Great shots, Rita. Avedon

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks! What you see is an inlet of Long Island Sound. I am on the north shore in Nassau County.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Oh, how sad about the driveway bed but I too have sections of the garden that are declining quickly.
    Nice view but too bad trees had come down. I guess it is mother natures way.

Julia

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

oh What a great view of the water, you have.I would spend a lot of time on the porch, when I didnt have flowers blooming.What is the long row of whatever it is in the water, sandbags? or cement?Sure is pretty over there.
    I Love CAKEPLATE Thats a gorgeous bloom and also CHERRY CREAM PIE, love that one, too.gee, your driveway slope looks pretty naked right now, I hate it when the daylilies stop blooming. Yesterday I had 6 big BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS blooming and was so pretty,. I took a picture of it,and will probably post it tomorrow. Was busy today with trip to the lab for tests,and didnt do it.Then the daughter took me to wal mart and I rode the electric cart, then she brought me and got me a hamburger for lunch.So,I was tired when I got back and was told I was to sit or lay down and prop the leg up,so I did that in the afternoon.

jean

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Julia, it is stunning how quickly daylily season is flying by this year. Much, much too fast.

Jean, I have been sitting out on the porch a lot these days. At least for short rest periods. The line you see into the water is a rock fishing jetty. I can really see it well from my front yard now.

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

Great view from your front porch! It must be really nice to sit there and enjoy the water and your daylilies and roses when they're in full swing.

• houstmag
    11 years ago

WOW great view you sure are lucky to have such a view from your porch, your DL's that ate still blooming look great and my favorite is Cherry Cream Pie.
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Chris and Linda. I am very fortunate as it has always been pretty here. Making my garden only made it prettier. But the front porch view is better than ever these days.

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Great view you have there! My favorite daylily is Cherry Cream Pie.
    Hard to believe about the slope, seemed like they have just started..

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

What a gorgeous view from the front! Yeah, all of the gardens look sad when the bloom is finished. I like Cake Plate and Olallie all Summer.
    kay

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Do people sit on that thing and fish? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question, but, have never seen any before like that and if you dont ask questions, cant learn nothing:-) I would be on the porch every minute that I didnt have to do some thing else or just needed to rest a bit, such a beautiful view.Thanky ou Rita for posting these pictures, I really injoy them.

jean

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Nat and Kay. I could hardly believe the slope was done this early in the year myself. On well, nothing one can do.

Jean it is a rock jetty. We have them all over the place here in the north shore of Long Island. And when I say rock, I mean BIG boulders. People walk out onto the Jetty and fish all along it. I have been out there myself many many times when I was a younger woman. Not in a long time now though as my balance is no longer good enough to jump and scramble out along there.

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

What awesome luck that those trees went down just for you...LOL. Now I can clearly see what you meant about the water being so close and it is a beautiful view. My favorite daylily is Cake Plate but I do like the red of Olallie All Summer.

Celeste