Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunday in the garden on a sunny day.

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 14:43

Walking around in the very warm sunshine today just taking pictures of the views.

Photobucket
front yard

Photobucket
front yard again

Photobucket
daylily slope

Photobucket
Eyes A Blue blooming in the slope.

Photobucket
This shot makes the driveway look so nice and long.

Photobucket
driveway side

Photobucket
silk road lilies all leaned down instead up upright as usual

Photobucket
terraces

Photobucket
Sweet Isabela blooms in the terraces.

Photobucket
Tikal Maid in the terraces garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunday in the garden on a sunny day.

Splendid! What a lovely walk for your neighbors. Here, they would have shovels and be digging them up. Your featured daylilies are all magnificent and evidently rare since I see virtually no one offering them.

o

Those views deserve to be photographed. I especially like the first two, Rita.
kay

o

I love the photos of the long front daylily border by the sidewalk! It's just gorgeous right now. The clump shot of Tikal Maid is my other favorite.

Debra

o

Well,I like them all.LOve SWEET ISABELA. shes a beauty and the bloom looks huge.

TIKAL MAID is a Beauty, too. You have some dark Red ones in first 2 pictures that are reslly pretty..Guess maybe you need some tall stakes to stake the lilies and tie them to the stakesThe first two pictures are so pretty, and I bet the neighbors like walking out there so they can see all the gorgeous blooms..

jean.

o

Great views again! Sidewalk in the front is especially beautiful. I would sure take pictures too if I was walking by :)
I wonder why the lilies are leaning. Couple of mine grew so tall this year I was worrying about them staying upright.
And, Sweet Isabella is a very beautiful bloom!

o

Stunning as usual Rita! And I love both Sweet Isabella and Tikal Maid. They sure are photogenic ladies. Everything looks radiant in that sunlight. Just wonderful color in those borders.

Celeste

o

Lovely, lovely, lovely Rita. Your hard work is showing. Love them all. Sarah

o

I love to see your bed shots. So much color. Very nice.

Julia

o

Rita, it looks like your daylilies are in full swing now. And in a few more days, the portulaca will be joining the show in full force. I love the clump shot of TIKAL MAID.
Christine

o

Yipes Rita, you have tons of beautiful blooms. I really love the drive and terrace shots.. Sweet Isabella would be my favorite but Eyes A Blue is right up there .. Ellie

o

Thank you all.

Christine, I am sure the Potulaces would have liked it much drier. We had had so much rain. But they are starting to fill in. I just love the colorful flowers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here