Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

Some July 17 blooms

nat4b
9 years ago

Most of my daylilies are blooming now.
I went back to Photobucket as Imgur was not responsive today.
They also made some changes (for the worse of course ;))

Here is my only seedling. Unfortunately not a morning opener.
I took some pics at 12pm after it and some others opened but
can't find them.
I also measured and it's 31 tall with (only) 4.5" flowers.
Has double scaping. One scape appeared just days before the second,
so I don't think it's an instant rebloom. First has 3 branches and 17 buds,
and second has a Y at the end and 10 buds.
One fan and just recently grew two little ones.

another one that opened later - Strutter's Ball (it's now in more shade)

Oops PB didn't last long. Quit working after 2 pics.. SMH
I was only able to load 2 pics to Imgur today

Tatiana

and Russian Ragtime

I will try PB again. At least Imgur wins because they don't
have so many ads and pop-ups, ugh.
What they both do they close suddenly - IE has to close this page b/c of an error,
something like this, every time.
With Photobucket it seems I can open a picture to post and can only
go forward a few, then it stops displaying pics.
If I want to go back to an album to choose a pic from
another page, it crashes. What a PITA ;)

Bombay Silk at noon (with a fly :))

American Freedom - short, but a good plant

Thunder and Lightning - will probably have to go.
Used to be my favorite flower back in the days. But it just doesn't open
most of the times. Or maybe I should give it another chance in
a sunnier location?

Choral Fantasy - maybe not the best DL for the north, but it opens
once in a while, and the color is unique in my garden
(it's brighter and overall better IRL)

Look, Court Magician opened! Not fully but better than usual

And the last one for today - Russian Temple

TFL!

Comments (12)

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

I feel like I'm looking for Waldo -- where's the fly in the Bombay Silk pic?!

American Freedom is a beauty, and I love the color of Choral Fantasy. That one didn't last long here, but the bloom sure was pretty. I like your pink seedling, too.

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

I vote for American Freedom. Nice pic.

Have you tried using Firefox instead of IE? Firefox is much quicker for me and I add Ad Blocker Plus to it and it stops all the pop-up ad including PBucket. Works for me.

Julia

• statmam
    9 years ago

Finally found him (the fly that is) ... just right of center. Thanks for introducing me to a daylily that I've never seen before (Russian Temple).

• shive
    9 years ago

Your seedling is a pretty color, and you can't beat double scaping. Of your registered ones, Bombay Silk and Russian Temple are my favorites. Sorry to hear you having so many problems with Photobucket. Luckily I haven't had too many problems with it lately.

Debra

• Nancy
    9 years ago

I haven't dealt much with Photobucket this year, haven't had time to take photos, etc. I struggle with it every year when they change it over the winter when I'm not using it. You have lots of really nice daylilies, but I really like the look of Russian Temple.

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

What an ornate pattern on Russian Temple! I also like the Bombay Silk clump. Can you tell us more about Russian Temple (does it open well, clean bloom, good bud count?)?

• nat4b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everybody!

Yep, fly is on the second from the right flower on the upper left sepal. Too much attention to that nasty thing ;)

Chris, sorry to hear Choral Fantasy didn't last there. It was a bonus plant.

Julia, thanks for your suggestion, several people suggested Firefox too. I should read about it.

Mantis, about Russian Temple: this is the second good opening on it, not quite perfect but will do for me. And I think there are only a couple buds left.
    Bud count is low.. It was one of the plants from my disastrous 2012 fall order where all but two died. I thought this one died too, there was nothing after the winter, but then one little tiny shoot emerged and this year it grew into a medium size fan. And sent a scape. I bet there were less than 10 buds on it, I didn't count. And I'm pretty sure budcount will remain low. In spite of that I will keep it. I saw a pic from a northern garden several years ago and fell in love.
    Re clean bloom - I noticed this year there is very little splotchiness, even on the ones that usually have spots every year. Knock on wood.

• deangreen
    9 years ago

such a great watermark on the magician!!! nice. :)

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

I sure like the color of that seedling, very pretty. and l love STRUTTER'S BALL. mine died the first winter I had it and I didn't bother to replace it.AMERICAN FREEDOM is really pretty, too.I really like that COURT MAGICIAN. Its been on my wish list a while.

jean

• nat4b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Deangreen and Jean! Jean do you want my Court Magician? It's evergreen.

• kathi_mdgd
    9 years ago

Those are all beauties,first time i've ventured over here,don't know what took me so long,i've been with GW for at leastr 12 years.I guess tyhere are just too many forums here and not enough hours in my day.Tfs
    Kathi

• kathi_mdgd
    9 years ago

Those are all beauties,first time i've ventured over here,don't know what took me so long,i've been with GW for at leastr 12 years.I guess tyhere are just too many forums here and not enough hours in my day.Tfs
    Kathi