Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

From a Sky Blue Eye to Pink Aloha

shive
10 years ago

When I looked at Heaven's Declaring this morning, I couldn't believe how sky blue the eye looked. Surely in the three years it's bloomed here I've seen this before. But it really took me by surprise. My photo does not do justice to the beauty of that blue peeper.

HEAVEN'S DECLARING

White seedling with black and white polka dot moth

SWEET PRAIRIE WIND - For some reason, a lot of my blooms today have lighter sepals when they are not bitones. It's not the heat because it's unusually cool here this week. Maybe it's the lack of rain.

SUMMERTIME REVIVAL - first flower on a late I bought last year that is just now blooming. I was surprised by how it much it looks like lavender stardust, only a rosy pink color.

CATCHER IN THE EYE

RED SLIPPERS

NO BOYS ALLOWED

PINK ALOHA, a new one this year, just had it's ffo. The original scapes were cut off when it was shipped.
{{gwi:873455}}

Debra

Comments (13)

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Imagine that, I added Pink Aloha last year (no blooms yet). No Boys Allowed has been here three years, and I haven't seen a bloom on that one, either. My fingers are crossed I'll see something this year, especially after seeing your pics.

Summertime Revival looks like a great addition to your garden, in one of my favorite colors. Sweet Prairie Wind is always a favorite when you post your photos.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

New for me too this year, Pink Aloha had trouble with blotching on her first batch of blooms. But she only came as one fan so I was please that I had any blooms at all. I don't know if I will get rebloom or not. I had read that she isn't too vigorous, so fingers crossed....Red Slippers blew me away. What a bright red that is. How colorfast/sunfast is it for you? ......Maryl

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

I see those polka dot small butterflies sometimes. I think they are pretty. PINK ALOHA is my favorite here.

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

My 2 favorites are SWEET PRAIRIE WIND & SUMMERTIME REVIVAL. I do like the soft shades of HEAVEN'S DECLARING. The shade of the blue eye on it is very pretty! PINK ALOHA is very pretty to. I like the double edge on it. Marg

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Heaven's Declaring is my pick of these. That is a beautiful blue eye, Debra. I like Pink Aloha too; in fat they are all very pretty. that a neat photo with the moth.
    kay

• Nancy
    10 years ago

And more beautiful daylilies. HEAVEN'S DECLARING is my favorite, so different & pretty. SWEET PRAIRIE WIND has beautiful colors, & I love NO BOYS ALLOWED. All just beautiful though.

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Maryl - Red Slippers is one of the more sunfast reds I grow.

Chris - I hope your Pink Aloha and No Boys Allowed will bloom this season. You've had an especially long wait on NBA.

Debra

• sann777
    10 years ago

Wow, that Pink Aloha is beautiful. I also like the Heavens Declaring and No Boys Allowed. Thanks for posting. Sarah

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Wow - that's an awesome blue eye on Heaven's Declaring. Pink Aloha is a stunner. Love the color on Summertime Revival and find No Boys Allowed very interesting and unique. Thanks for sharing!

Nancy

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

beautiful, DEBRA. love hEAVENS DECLARING.That blue eye is very pretty and different. SWEET PRAIRIE WIND is very pretty, too.SUMMERTIME REVIVAL is a real beauty. I love that one.RED SLIPPERS was my favorite until I seen PINK ALOHA/that's my favorite right there. its a beauty,and I love that one.

jean

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Oh, Summertime Revival is beautiful, pink, and a LATE....where has it been all my life? That's my kind of flower! Do you recall where you found it? I always am searching for lates to extend my season since we don't get rebloom here. I also like Red Slippers and Pink Aloha is gorgeous.

Celeste

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Celeste - I got Summertime Revival from Marietta Gardens.

Debra

• deangreen
    10 years ago

wow that first pic is a veritable rainbow of colors! nice nice. but I like no boys allowed the best. very cool tones all together there...

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES