Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

A few last ones

nat4b
11 years ago

Hot again, they say 104 today :) My thermometer already shows 100 at noon. And that's when I went out to take some pics

Tahitian Dancer - finished with 3 flowers

{{gwi:873569}}

Thanks to instant rebloom TD lasted that long

{{gwi:873570}}

Eyes on the Prize - last

{{gwi:873571}}

Gather at the River - last

{{gwi:873572}}

Last bloom on this NOID

{{gwi:873573}}

and LFO of Kayleigh Cobb - looking a little more yellow than it is

{{gwi:873574}}

This is how Carnival in Brazil looked in full sun at noon

{{gwi:873614}}

Cat Dancer - I think I only have 1 or 2 fans of this left

{{gwi:873615}}

Tatiana today - old small flower but it has a lot of diamond dusting

{{gwi:873616}}

Filipina Bride on an instant rebloom scape in the foliage and with just a few buds; sorry for the color, it is pink

{{gwi:873617}}

Thanks for looking!

Comments (13)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

It's been a rough year with the heat, but you stillhave some very pretty ones. If they can bloom in that heat, they are good. I still like Filipina Bride.
    kay

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

You have some beauties.This heat has been terrible for blooms.I had some just melted in the heat. I Love CARNIVAL IN BRAZIL . its a beauty.Could you NOID be RUSSIAN RAGTIME? very pretty one.

jean

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Really they look beautiful. You would never know it was that hot out. Tahitian Dancer is my favorite, so pretty.

• nat4b
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Kay, I like Filipina Bride this year too, I finally saw it open and it had a lot of flowers

Thanks Jean, many flowers melted but I was liveheading at about 9pm and Eyes on the Prize and Kayleigh Cobb looked just like in the morning (I mean at noon ;)) Thanks for the suggestion regarding my noid, but I have Ru Ragtime and this one is different.

Thanks Rita, I really appreciated Tahitian Dancer this year, nice color and lots of blooms.

And good news, we finally got some rain, whole 10 minutes of it and only for a couple minutes it was kinda hard, then turned into a slight drizzle, but looks like the rain cloud is back again as I can hear some rain. The wind is SO strong! I'd be curious to look at the rain gauge tomorrow.

• JJOF
    11 years ago

My fave is Tahitian Dancer but all are beautiful!
    Jason

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

They look amazing for that kind of heat. My favorite one is Gather at the River.
    Val

• houstmag
    11 years ago

All are beautiful and really holding up well in the heat.
    Linda

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

My favorite is Filipina Bride but I also like Carnival in Brazil. Those kind of temperatures must be unusual for you? I know it's been hotter & dryer than normal here as well and I don't like it. I can also vouch for Eyes on the Prize holding up well in the heat. We had a stretch of 95 degree days and it looked wonderful at the end of the day.

Celeste

• shive
    11 years ago

Sorry to hear you are getting the horrible hot temps again. You have a lot of nice ones still blooming. Which state is your home. I guess I always thought you were way north in Zone 4B, but now I realize that's just part of your username. Duh! Eyes on the Prize, Gather At the River, and your NOID are looking great for it to be so hot. It's going to be 97 or 98 here today, but the humidity is unbelievable, so the heat index will be up there at about 105 or 106.

Debra

• nat4b
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Jason, Val, Linda, Celeste, Debra!
    Several days of heat sometimes even up to 100 is not unusual but weeks upon weeks with no rain.. this summer will be remembered for a long time..
    Debra I am in NE Iowa, and yes 4b is the zone. I'd like to change that user name. Just looked at the new USDA zone map, from 2005 (is that new??).. and now they give us zone 5a. Don't know how that's possible as we have temps below -20 regularly
    It's humid here too.

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

They are all so pretty, especially considering it is so late in the season along with your high temps and lack of rain. I think you got our last summer's weather.

Miraculously, July in our area has been cooler than expected, with plenty of rain. In fact, we lucked out and got a little more today, even though none was predicted. We went through two years of rainless summers and 100+ temperatures (2010, 2011). It resulted in losing a lot of great cultivars from crown rot.

Nancy

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

You have lots of pretties to wind up the season. I love the color on Tahitian Dancer.

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

I am probably bringing up the rear on your post, but want to say I really like your NOID and Cat Dancer. I think your flowers look remarkably good for such high temps. Avedon