Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Continuing Display

Posted by mantis__oh z6 OH (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 15:08

Rain was welcome, but unrelenting heat has taken its toll on plants and bloom size and quality.

One exception is VICTORIAN LACE. Should have won the Stout:

SNOWFLAKE EMPRESS with Victorian Lace in background:

JANE TRIMMER

BIG BIRD I like this oldie, even though the bud count is bad:

SPIDERMAN

GILLIAN is too nice not to post again:

ISLESWORTH blooms have been quite large:

MALAYSIAN MONARCH with NOBEL

PARIS SILK Like most Munsons, best earlier in the day:

FOOLED ME grows like a weed. Bees don't care whether it's cheap or pricey.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Continuing Display

Lovely photos...especially liked the one with Snowflake Empress and Victorian Lace. I am always a fan of Spiderman. It has been a real trooper here with the heat and drought. Ans Gillian is lovely as always.
kay

o

Ha, you are right, FOOLED ME did grow like crazy here. I just got tired of it and it went outta here some years ago. Lovely, lovely picture of VICTORIAN LACE. They are all beautiful, especially the clumps but ISLESWORTH wins favorite for me today.

o

Victorian Lace is an outstanding plant, and your photo showcases it very well. I really like your clump shot of Gillian. Mine has never had more than four blooms open at a time.

Debra

o

WOWThat clump of GILLIAN is gorgeous. and I love VICTORIAN LACE.SNOWFLAKE EMPRESS is very pretty, too..PARIS SILK is my favorite one.

jean

o

Love the pics. Can't wait till my Gillian looks that good!

o

VICTORIAN LACE has one more chance to win the Stout!! However, this year will be its last year on the ballot so garden judges will need to vote for it this year if they deem it the most worthy one on the list. I'd better get my ballot out and look at it soon, as bloom season is starting to go downhill fast.

o

I love Victorian Lace! It is doing well here too. Not bud count (maybe yet?) but it opens well, is pretty and looks ok in the evening (often).
Isleworth is very lovely and I like yellow and red combination of Fooled Me!
That bee looks huge btw :)

o

Paris Silk is just divine <3 Love that one.

And Victorian Lace is one of my favorites. Mine holds up very well in the heat too.

Cheers!
~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net

o

At least your getting blooms even if the temps are horrible.
Gillian does look special.

Julia

o

VICTORIAN LACE is just a beauty. I love Munsons but the one that I have (MALALYSIAN MONARCH, is as you say only pretty in the morning in spite of getting some afternoon shade.
Christine

o

I'm a Jane Trimmer and Spider Man fan as well. Victorian Lace is my pick as favorite and I agree with you about the Stout Medal..VL should have gotten that medal. maybe she still will...Ellie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here