The Munson Nile Crane is re-blooming:

And Bob Watson is still reblooming:

Philistine Champion...Can't say enough good things about this one:

Pineapple Moon is bountifully re-blooming:

Forsyth's Peekaboo is still re-blooming:

Last bloom on Kansas City Kicker:

Spiderman is still blooming:

Possession of Obsession:

Today I found a couple more re-blooming, which raises the total to 71. Not up to the 103 from last year, but not too bad.
kay

Comments (19)

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Not bad at all! And the simple elegance of Nile Crane gets my vote today.

• roxanna
    10 years ago

i love your Bob Watson -- is it a registered daylily? i cannot seem to find it online anywhere... sob.

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Kay, the amount of rebloom you get is simply amazing. I could choose any of these for favorite, they are all so pretty but my number one for today is Forsyth's Peekaboo.

• polymerous
    10 years ago

With the exception of some Richard Norris plants, and a few others such as ONE FINE DAY, I don't often see rebloom here. (That is partly because of the shade; I'm not sure what the other reasons are.) I would be delirious if I got get rebloom on half, or even a third, of my daylilies.

(That said, I was very pleased to recently discover a rebloom scape coming up on a single fan plant of SMALL WORLD BASIL HONAKER. This is the first year that the plant bloomed for me, and it is sitting in a one to one and a half gallon pot in an area where it gets a lot of shade. I also currently have rebloom on ARCTIC LACE, another new to me daylily.)

• polymerous
    10 years ago

Forgot to add... my vote is for 'Nile Crane', too.

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Uh oh, I think I found another one for the list. Forsyth's Peekaboo is so striking, and I don't think I have any daylilies with that color combination. Maybe it's just your good photography.

I've always admired Pineapple Moon but, because it's a Trimmer and they don't do well, I've resisted. I'll just enjoy your blooms (and reblooms) instead.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

So many rebloomers, that's great!
    I like Forsyth's Peekaboo a lot and Spiderman, but they are all very pretty

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mantis, Nile Crane has bloomed a lot, but you can only post so many, so I am not sure I have posted it this season.
    Roxanna, it is a Shooter intro, Marietta Gardens, but they no longer offer it.
    Thanks, Rita, a good many of mine that have always re-bloomed aren't so far, but I am surprised to have this many because this year it was so cool my season started a bit late.
    Thanks, Polymerous, I have no idea why I have as many re-blooms as I do. I just enjoy them.
    Chris, that one is one from Roycroft, It is actually, Forsyth's Peekaboo. I like it because it is a bit different.
    Thanks, nat4b. It is nice to have a good many still blooming.
    kay

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Nile Crane, Forsyth Peekaboo, and Possession of Obsession are my picks, but of course, all your flowers are just super. Avedon.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Posted by roxanna z5b MA (My Page) on Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 15:19
    i love your Bob Watson -- is it a registered daylily? i cannot seem to find it online anywhere... sob.

Try Bill Watson at Tinkers ??

• User
    10 years ago

That is quite the rebloom on Pineapple Moon. Very impressive!

• deangreen
    10 years ago

bob Watson really beautiful!

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

BOB WATSON is a beauty. love that one. Philistine Champion looks like a huge bloom,, is it? its very pretty, and I like it more each time I see it.Possession of Obsession: is a beauty and my favorite today.you have lots reblooming.I keep finding a scape here and there, too.

jean

• shive
    10 years ago

It's great that you have so many reblooming. I don't think I will have nearly as many rebloom as last year because of the problems with Bermuda grass in several beds. So far, I've found rebloom scapes on 23, with Colorado Moon Fire having the greatest number of rebloom scapes. My favorites today are Nile Crane and Pineapple Moon.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for looking and commenting. On Bob Watson, there wee actually three blooms, but they were all rain spotted, so I just snapped one of them and it looked better than I expected, so I posted it. The Shooters, at Marietta, quit offering some of their intros after a few year. Helen's Pink Gingham last year, and Bob Watson isn't available this year. Both are lovely plants that consistently re-bloom for me, and I mean re-bloom with as many or more scapes as the initial bloom.

Hostabuff, Pineapple Moon was one of those that took three years to start blooming, but it has made up for it.

Jean, Yes, PC has a huge bloom. I found number 72 re-blooming this morning, and it already had two buds when I found it. It's a nice bonus, isn't it.

Debra, I have about 23/4 of what I had last year. I have Bermuda grass too, and I bought a herbicide that can be used with daylilys. Kills Bermuda, but doesn't bother daylilys. I've used it before, and I just need to get out there and use it now after all this rain.

Thank you all again for looking and commenting.

kay

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Ok it's not going to happen out of this group I officially name them all my favorites, no way can I pick a favorite out of a awesome group.
    Linda

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Philistine Champion and Pineapple Moon are my favorites. Maybe not as good as you had last year but still a very impressive amount of rebloom. I'd be thrilled if I got more rebloom than I can count on my fingers!
    Val

• shive
    10 years ago

What is the name of the herbicide you are using on the Bermuda grass?

Debra

• roxanna
    10 years ago

iris_gal -- thanks so much for the name change hint! i went to Marietta's site and it seems they ARE offering Bill Watson as well as Bill Watson Too. unless that page was from an earlier year.... i will check it out to see if i can get it.