Forsyth's Peekaboo is still re-blooming:

photo IMG_1300_zps394fd115.jpg

Last bloom on Kansas City Kicker:

photo IMG_1257_zpsa77c0b83.jpg

Spiderman is still blooming:

photo IMG_1318_zpsd1808a86.jpg

Possession of Obsession:

photo 9ba48412-5c85-4245-9409-8142bc9a4987_zpsec621273.jpg

Today I found a couple more re-blooming, which raises the total to 71. Not up to the 103 from last year, but not too bad.
kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Monday's Best

Not bad at all! And the simple elegance of Nile Crane gets my vote today.

o

i love your Bob Watson -- is it a registered daylily? i cannot seem to find it online anywhere... sob.

o

Kay, the amount of rebloom you get is simply amazing. I could choose any of these for favorite, they are all so pretty but my number one for today is Forsyth's Peekaboo.

o

With the exception of some Richard Norris plants, and a few others such as ONE FINE DAY, I don't often see rebloom here. (That is partly because of the shade; I'm not sure what the other reasons are.) I would be delirious if I got get rebloom on half, or even a third, of my daylilies.

(That said, I was very pleased to recently discover a rebloom scape coming up on a single fan plant of SMALL WORLD BASIL HONAKER. This is the first year that the plant bloomed for me, and it is sitting in a one to one and a half gallon pot in an area where it gets a lot of shade. I also currently have rebloom on ARCTIC LACE, another new to me daylily.)

o

Forgot to add... my vote is for 'Nile Crane', too.

o

Uh oh, I think I found another one for the list. Forsyth's Peekaboo is so striking, and I don't think I have any daylilies with that color combination. Maybe it's just your good photography.

I've always admired Pineapple Moon but, because it's a Trimmer and they don't do well, I've resisted. I'll just enjoy your blooms (and reblooms) instead.

o

So many rebloomers, that's great!
I like Forsyth's Peekaboo a lot and Spiderman, but they are all very pretty

o

Mantis, Nile Crane has bloomed a lot, but you can only post so many, so I am not sure I have posted it this season.
Roxanna, it is a Shooter intro, Marietta Gardens, but they no longer offer it.
Thanks, Rita, a good many of mine that have always re-bloomed aren't so far, but I am surprised to have this many because this year it was so cool my season started a bit late.
Thanks, Polymerous, I have no idea why I have as many re-blooms as I do. I just enjoy them.
Chris, that one is one from Roycroft, It is actually, Forsyth's Peekaboo. I like it because it is a bit different.
Thanks, nat4b. It is nice to have a good many still blooming.
kay

o

Nile Crane, Forsyth Peekaboo, and Possession of Obsession are my picks, but of course, all your flowers are just super. Avedon.

o

Posted by roxanna z5b MA (My Page) on Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 15:19
i love your Bob Watson -- is it a registered daylily? i cannot seem to find it online anywhere... sob.

Try Bill Watson at Tinkers ??

o

That is quite the rebloom on Pineapple Moon. Very impressive!

o

bob Watson really beautiful!

o

BOB WATSON is a beauty. love that one. Philistine Champion looks like a huge bloom,, is it? its very pretty, and I like it more each time I see it.Possession of Obsession: is a beauty and my favorite today.you have lots reblooming.I keep finding a scape here and there, too.

jean

o

It's great that you have so many reblooming. I don't think I will have nearly as many rebloom as last year because of the problems with Bermuda grass in several beds. So far, I've found rebloom scapes on 23, with Colorado Moon Fire having the greatest number of rebloom scapes. My favorites today are Nile Crane and Pineapple Moon.

Debra

o

Thank you all for looking and commenting. On Bob Watson, there wee actually three blooms, but they were all rain spotted, so I just snapped one of them and it looked better than I expected, so I posted it. The Shooters, at Marietta, quit offering some of their intros after a few year. Helen's Pink Gingham last year, and Bob Watson isn't available this year. Both are lovely plants that consistently re-bloom for me, and I mean re-bloom with as many or more scapes as the initial bloom.

Hostabuff, Pineapple Moon was one of those that took three years to start blooming, but it has made up for it.

Jean, Yes, PC has a huge bloom. I found number 72 re-blooming this morning, and it already had two buds when I found it. It's a nice bonus, isn't it.

Debra, I have about 23/4 of what I had last year. I have Bermuda grass too, and I bought a herbicide that can be used with daylilys. Kills Bermuda, but doesn't bother daylilys. I've used it before, and I just need to get out there and use it now after all this rain.

Thank you all again for looking and commenting.

kay

o

Ok it's not going to happen out of this group I officially name them all my favorites, no way can I pick a favorite out of a awesome group.
Linda

o

Philistine Champion and Pineapple Moon are my favorites. Maybe not as good as you had last year but still a very impressive amount of rebloom. I'd be thrilled if I got more rebloom than I can count on my fingers!
Val

o

What is the name of the herbicide you are using on the Bermuda grass?

Debra

o

iris_gal -- thanks so much for the name change hint! i went to Marietta's site and it seems they ARE offering Bill Watson as well as Bill Watson Too. unless that page was from an earlier year.... i will check it out to see if i can get it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here